“I think I must be in the wrong place!” 3 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #7 of 579 Restaurants in Quito
Cuisines: Diner, Ecuadorean, Healthy, Bistro, Pasta, Grill, Fusion
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Delivery, Late Night
Description: Fried Bananas is a cozy restaurant with a casual and relaxed atmosphere, right next to the main tourist plaza in La Mariscal. Our prices are much lower than one would expect given the quality of the food and service. We feature a variety of seafood, Ecuadorian specialties, grilled dishes, pasta, salads, vegetarian delights and more; all creatively prepared and as fresh as can be.You will want to be sure to save room for one of our signature desserts.I suggest checking out our website where you can browse the menu, read reviews and get more information about us.HOURS OF OPERATION: MONDAY THROUGH FRIDAY 12:30-20:30 SATURDAY 12:30 16:30
Los Angeles
“I think I must be in the wrong place!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2013 via mobile

Trip Advisor reviewers, you let me down with this one. How could this place POSSIBLY get fave stars? It's good, but nothing to go crazy about. Food is average and service about the same. Didn't bother with dessert, which everyone claims is great, but seriously, they got everything else wrong. Not the worst you could do, but not nearly number 1 in Quito.

Visited November 2013

Cobourg, Canada
“Can't understand the reviews at all”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2013

If, like us, you are looking for a special last dinner in Ecuador and if, like us, you are persuaded to try to find this restaurant because of the reviews on here, I have to tell you - please don't! Everything was poor - the food, the wine, the service and even the brightly lit decor wasn't up to much. Where to start - two of the dishes (the shrimp and mushroom starter and the T bone) were horribly over salted. One side of the bone of the T Bone was overdone, the other raw. The pasta was swimming in an oily pesto. The server (the owner I think) was twice distracted by a large party arriving while she was taking our order and, just as we suspected she would, got it wrong. The wine, both red and white, were below average. The only thing that saves it is the price - but you can find much better food than this in Quito. Keep looking!

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Guayaquil, Ecuador
“Bananas have it all”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2013

This restaurant was an excellent find-ambiance was homey and relaxing. Home cooked food was delicious. This was a wonderful place to enjoy a reunion with my friend and though we thought we were too full for dessert we indulged in the delicious apple treat after checking out the variety of tempting desserts. The persons attending the restaurant are pleasant and accommodating. I will definitely return on my next visit to Quito .

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Orem, Utah
“Worth finding this one”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2013

As we walked down Mariscal Foch to locate the address we started thinking we had it wrong but as we entered the restaurant, we discovered why this is the top rated restaurant in Quito. Very nicely decorated, impeccable service and excellent food. We had the pasta and it was done to perfection with an amazing saffron cream sauce and the pesto pasta was also incredible. The prices are inconsistent with the quality of the food and service and surroundings. Best value I have seen in Quito. Everything was exceptional and although it is not located right on Amazonas, take the walk down Foch to enjoy one of the best meals you will have in Quito. A cut above.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Highly Recommended”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2013

I ate on the second floor on the patio outside. It was beautiful and the food was very good. I ordered salad, baked fish, fried banana, and rice. I recommend their food highly to foreigners who are concerned about sanitation and as well as to Ecuadorians who want to experience an international flavor.