“Great place to stay especially to meet people” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Travellers Inn

You added Travellers Inn to your Saves list
Travellers Inn
3.0 of 5 Hostel   |   La Pinta St. E 4-55 & Amazonas Ave., La Mariscal District, Quito, Ecuador   |
Ranked #20 of 167 Specialty Lodging in Quito
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Reading, United Kingdom
“Great place to stay especially to meet people”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2012

We saw great reviews for this place and haven't been disappointed. Danielle kindly picked us up from the airport and was there despite us being an hour delayed. There are really cheap single rooms with shared bathroom and also twin rooms with shared bathroom. All are great value and there is great wifi everywhere. It's always full and we have met some lovely people here. Breakfast also good. We are going to base ourselves here for a couple of weeks while we take Spanish classes. Also there is a travel office here and they speak great English and are very helpful. It's also in a great part if the new town and feels safe. The hostel is especially safe as has locked gates and someone always on reception. Really recommend this place!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Nitra, Slovakia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2012

I spent here cuple of nights in New Years Eve 2010 and remeber that friendly atmosphere and proffesional service provedied by Carlos´s family. I reccoemnd this place to all travellers whe seek good value for reasonable money.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with friends
Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2012

Travellers Inn is safe place to stay, close to the Mariscal but an a quiet street - no noise at all! The hostal is scrupulously clean, most of the staff speaks English and everyone is very helpful and accommodating; they arranged a pick up from the airport and the driver was there, even tough he had to wait a long time at night (my flight was delayed). The breakfast is good; it can be quite cool in Quito at night, but I had three blankets on my bed - more than was needed. The common area allows to meet other people and share experiences over a beer or a glass of wine.
I went to a tour from Quito to Otavalo and Cotacachi with Daniel - it was pleasant and interesting; I especially enjoyed a visit in the workshop making indigenous instruments; a well known indigenous group performed for us.
Overall, it was a good experience, and I plan to stay there again before my flight back from Quito.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2012

It was our final stay in Ecuador and we stayed here in total for four nights. Both times we stayed in room 301 which is very large, two rooms, three beds and it has a big balcony. Good bathroom and nice beds. The wifi is also good and the breakfast is ok. We paid $40,- a day. Also the staff is very nice.
Location is great, nice restaurants in the neighbourhood and in walking distance from the Mariscal party scene. Taxi to the old town is around $2 - $3,- and to the airport $5,-. It can take a while because the traffic is horrible in Quito.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Wellington, New Zealand
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2012 via mobile

We stayed here for 3 nights on our return to Quito after staying in the Old town and had a great time. Its a nice area, well secured and run by a very friendly family who speak very good english and are helpul with our travellers spanish. The rooms are nice and the cheaper shared bathroom rooms at the back are great for the price and well maintained / cleaned. Great breakfast and staff are super helpful. Bit quiet and not a great place to meet people, but a very nice and friendly hostel all the same

Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Bloomington, Indiana, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2012

Overall, my stay at Traveller's Inn was decent. The location is good, especially for those who don't want to be in the Mariscal (entertainment/nightlife) area of Quito, though it is less than a ten minute walk. The place is locked down like a fortress, so if you worry about safety, then this is a good place to consider. It was quiet at night for me, so I was able to sleep well.

The owners and the door staff were professional and helpful. However, the breakfast and room cleaning staff were poor at best. They were unfriendly in general and condescending towards many foreigners. I am traveling from the U.S. and though I am not fluent in Spanish, but I understand it and speak it reasonably well since I had been in Ecuador and Peru for two months before my stay here. The breakfast staff would pretend that they didn't understand me and bring me something other than I had asked because they assumed that I didn't understand what I said and would get upset when I politely just repeated the same request in the same exact way I said the first time in Spanish (and of course I would then receive exactly what I asked for). So, in sum, they were condescending if they thought you didn't speak or understand Spanish, and then still were when they found out you did. Unfortunately, I was there for several days, so this got very irksome.

On the other hand, the rooms and facilities were very clean, and there was always hot water. Some days I had problems with internet connection, but overall the connection was ok.

In terms of pricing, I think the rooms were definitely too expensive for what you were getting. I had a TINY room with a shared bathroom for $13.44 (my choice because it was less than half the price of a room with one's own bathroom). Having been in Quito for over a month and having done some traveling throughout Ecuador and Peru, these rooms were very overpriced. I paid $12 a night for a double bed and private bathroom in another hostel in Quito.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
Portland, Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2012

Were here now, with about a week to play in quito, and it's lovely. Our room is clean, with nice linens, a garden space and nice communal space. The breakfasts have been hearty, delicious. Its a good enough neighborhood, and for the rate, $38 ensuite, it's very nice. The owners' English. Is good, and with a longer stay there's airport pickup, which worked out nicely for us.

Room Tip: It's a great hostel.