“Can't ask for a better stay!!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Zerohotel

You added Zerohotel to your Saves list
Zerohotel
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   Lautaro Rosas 343 | Cerro Alegre, Valparaiso 2370719, Chile   |
Ranked #3 of 32 Hotels in Valparaiso
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Beijing, China
“Can't ask for a better stay!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2013

A friend and I had a beautiful stay at Zero Hotel - one of the top stays I've had in a very long time!!! I've traveled a lot for leisure and stayed in all sorts of accommodations from hostels and B&Bs to five-star hotels and in cities from Athens to Bali to New York. Three reasons I can think of why it was amazing:

1. It had THE most beautiful view. Our room (#7) overlooked the vibrant flower garden and the artsy streets and port of Valparaiso.

2. The hotel is charming and small. The room decor is elegant, yet subtle and very tastefully done. If I recall correctly, the hotel is a restored large house of a wealthy owner. The dining and living rooms are also make you feel like you are in a dear friend's home.

3. The managers (Carolina and Rodrigo) and staff (Rex and Mary) were super friendly and went out of their way to recommend restaurants and make sure our stay was super. You feel more like a house guest than a hotel guest at Zero.

Would definitely 100 percent recommend Zerohotel!

Chris

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Charleston, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2013

Enjoyable place, lovely terrace and great views. We had room 3, nice large room, and a wonderful sitting area with great views of the town and harbor. Staff was very helpful and cheerful and made every effort to make the stay nice. Breakfast room is bright and sunny with a good breakfast offerings. I would agree with some other comments that if you don’t have a harbor view room, the experience may be somewhat less positive. Lots of restaurants in the districts, and an easy walk to most things in Valpo (if there are easy walks up and down the hills!). Use the Metro to go to Vina del Mar (Ask for the Metro card at the front desk). Also, they keep the front gate locked at all times, but no matter when we returned, the gate was unlocked promptly

Room Tip: Ask for a harbor view room!
Baltimore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

Great hotel - location, views, service. Only one night - but enjoyed it very much. I think we were in room number 3 - perfect room with wonderful views. Anna was the best in helping with the day in the city. Wish we had more time.

toronto
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2013

We stayed for 2 nights recently. The room was clean and quiet but not air conditioned. We found it pricey for what it was. If the window was open, the cat on the terrace may have come in, Breakfast was ok. Wifi was available in the room. The location is very good. The restaurant Pasto Y Vino y is excellent and is close by. We found this hotel to be more of a bed and breakfast and expensive at full rate for that.

Burlington
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2013

My husband and I are going on a cruise and our embarkation is at Valpariaso. I had reserved a Standard Double room ( a very bright room with a King size bed featuring views of the city and hills of Valparaiso ) as described in Booking.com of Zerohotel on 23 January 2013. According to the terms of booking, the last day of modification or cancellation was 27th February, 2013.

On the 26th February at 5:00pm ( one day before the deadline for change,), I received an email from Booking.com saying that Hotel receptioist Mari Carmen had informed them that Zerohotel is overbooked and is able to offer me a standard twin room with 2 twin beds for the same price as reserved for my standard double room! I was taken back. Knowing that the days for which I will be staying at Valparaiso, it will be hard to find another hotel because of the cruise embarkation there. Over a thousand passengers will be needing hotels! I had to make up my mind whether to accept the change in less than a day or else I could lose my 30% of the total price of reservation if I did not cancel in time. In this short time I had to find another hotel!

At first, I was very upset, but my husband convinced me that may be we should still take their offer. However, when I received from Booking.com the revised confirmation for the twin room, I was furious. It was for the same rate, but now the description of the room simply states : Standard Twin Room ( the room features flat-screen cable TV and a private bathroom, ). First I have to settle for a smaller bed, and then the view is also gone! Even if the price of the room is the same, I don't feel that it is ethical for Zerohotel to "bait and switch " in such a manner! This is definitely NOT the room I reserved. As a result, I spent my morning on the 27th February rebooking another hotel albeit more expensive for our stay at Valparaiso.

Beware of Zerohotel. You may think you have reserved a room but they can pull a rug under you at the last minute!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
RodrigoZerohotel, Gerente at Zerohotel, responded to this review, March 7, 2013
Dear Sir / Madame,

We deeply regret we could not receive or speak directly with the passengers who wrote this review. Even more unfortunate because all the inconveniences were due to a technical error, not a human mistake. Booking.com works with fax system for reservations confirmation, and that system is not always fully operative. The situation was exacerbated by the fact that first they booked a Twin room “Colores” and later changed to King room “Colores”.
We would have loved to have had them with us, convinced that we could have sought a solution, surely we could have sorted out the inconveniences , and they would have enjoyed their stay with us . Again something we could not achieve purely due to technical issues.

Carolina Medina A.
Business Manager Zerohotel
Syracuse NY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2013

We drove to this hotel and it took us a bit to find, but worth the wait. The staff is extremely helpful. We were in room 5 which overlooked the street, but it was very quiet. The bathroom is large and has great water pressure in the shower. Even though we didn't have the bay view, you can enjoy it on the hotel patios. The location is ideal. Breakfast is simple but after eating all day, that is all we wanted. They have a fantastic parking garage if you are driving. Overall we loved this hotel .

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Basel, Switzerland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2013

Only if you get the few front view rooms overlooking the bay and port will you not be disappointed although the little hotel has a perfect location and friendly employees including a nice little garden. But if you order a sea- or portview room you might get a "colores" which means you are looking against a wall just 2 yards in front of you. Just too much for the heavy price you pay!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Zerohotel? Share your experiences!