“Best tour guide in Valparaiso/Vina del Mar area!” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #16 of 36 Activities in Valparaiso
Parsippany, New Jersey
“Best tour guide in Valparaiso/Vina del Mar area!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2014

Our cruise had one-day calling in Valparaiso in April/2014, glad we signed up city tours for both Valparaiso/Vina del Mar with Mario. In addition to perfect English, he is very friendly and so knowledgeable! We’re really impressed, enjoyed very much our stay and learnt a lot about Valparaiso from him. Mario is the best and highly recommended!

Visited April 2014

Duluth, Georgia
“Great tour with Mario”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2014

Mario was very friendly and knowledgeable of Valparaiso, Vina Del Mar, and Santiago. He picked us up in Valparaiso at our hotel and took us to the local fish market which was fun and interesting as he told us about various fish and how they are eaten. He then drove us around Vina Del Mar which was beautiful. He told us about the earthquakes, tremors, and tsunamis, and where people go and what they do in those situations. He then drove us to Santiago. We requested that we don't go to the wineries so he told us about wines along the way. His English was great and we had a few laughs about some words that mean the same in English but are pronounced differently there. He took us to some lovely shopping areas as well and made sure we were paying a reasonable price for our goods. After Santiago, he took us to the airport. He was very conscientious about our luggage in the van and checked on the van several times while we ate and shopped to make sure everything was ok. He was also punctual and got us to the airport in time for our flight. We could not have asked for a better experience and highly recommend Marion and Mi Amor tours.

Visited March 2014
Sorocaba, SP
4 attraction reviews
“Mi Amor!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2013

Valparaíso is a very beutiful city. A place that I would like to live.
Is a colorfull city full of life and nice places to go. I just loved the weather and all the place to take pictures.

Visited June 2013
Newport, RI
4 attraction reviews
“Great tour of Valparaiso and Vina del Mar”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012

I took the bus to Valparaiso from Santiago (so easy & cheap..less than $5) and when I arrived at the station a very helpful young lady offered me a map of the area and told me some highlights. She was trying to get me to to a tour but was not pushy at all...she told me all the places to go and then let me decide...I liked this low pressure sell. I decided, only having a day, to book and see both Valparaiso and Vina. What a great decision. Mario, my driver, guide (and the owner) picked me up and off we went. He gave me a customized tour with lots of background info on the area. We went to all the hotspots and stopped for a yummy empanada at a local favorite of his. Mario spoke excellent english (with an aussie accent) and couldn't have been more accommodating or friendly. The price is very reasonable too. Dont miss this tour!!

Visited October 2012
Blackburn, Australia
44 attraction reviews
“Just tremendous! The guide was so good we booked a 2nd tour.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2012

We signed up for the City Tour at the bus station in Valparaiso. Our guide, Mario, spoke perfect English and provided us with a brilliant close up look at all the sights of Valparaiso. We were so impressed we booked him for a personal wine tour of Vina del Mar - and boy it was just fantastic! The wineries we went to were brilliant - and much too difficult to organise if you wanted to do it on your own.

Visited February 2012