“Lovely, gourmet, & seemingly undiscovered” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Chilean, Seafood, International, Pacific Rim, Fusion
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Sacramento, California
“Lovely, gourmet, & seemingly undiscovered”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2013

My husband and I stayed at the Yellow House b&b, which is very near Casa Cuatro Vientos. We didn't realize it was a restaurant until our second to last evening there, so we (and 3 other friends from the Yellow House) met for lunch the following afternoon. Our friend had been previously and explained that he had been the only guest. This time we were still virtually the only guests. But I have no idea why! My husband and I are self-professed "foodies" and I personally appreciate good interior design. We both loved the food, including the homemade bread and butter, and the appetizer, entree and dessert that we shared. It tasted good and looked good! Also, we thought the interior was unique and inviting. Finally, our waiter was fantastic - very warm and friendly. Oh yes, I almost forgot to mention the view is wonderful. I highly recommend this to anyone visiting Valparaiso!

• Visited April 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

California
“Best restaurant I went to in Chile”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2013

I really loved this place. I stayed around the corner in the Yellow House and went their twice. I would have gone more, but they aren't open every night. They aren't cheap by Chilean standards, but both times I got an appetizer and it filled me up. And I'm a good eater - these aren't modest proportions.

The crab pudding was so good that I still think about it a month later. If I'm ever on death row and they ask me what I want for my last meal, it's going to be the crab pudding from Cuatro Vientos.

The views are spectacular. It's right by the funicular, and the port is down below. I found pictures of it on several postcards. It's worth a special trip if you aren't staying nearby. It was lovely.

• Visited March 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Red Lake, Canada
“Good view”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2013

Although the view was great the menu was a little lacking. The first few items we ordered were not available which left our choices to a minimum. What we did get was very good.

Visited February 2013
New York
“good service and vista”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2013

Great young lady who helped us out on a tour with some options, as menu limited. Bring your own, if from nearby bodega. Nicely restored older house with breathtaking view of working harbor. Will return on next tour.

Visited January 2013
Nieu-Bethesda, South Africa
“Great food with a view”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2013

This is a great great place.
We had a long afternoon lunch watching the ‘Ascensores’, the docks and the sea. My daughter had the children’s meal of chips and chicken and I had delicious Osso Bucco served on mashed pumpkin.
The wine was crisp and cold, the waitress was friendly, the service was prompt and the view is brilliant.
We will eat here again.