“Great food, so-so service” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Pinpilinpausha

Pinpilinpausha
Avenida Isidora Goyenechea 2900 | Las Condes, Santiago 05033080, Chile (Las Condes)
56-2-22336507
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #55 of 3,194 Restaurants in Santiago
Cuisines: Chilean, Spanish, Basque
Good for: Romance, Doing business, Special occasions, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Neighborhood: Las Condes
Description: The best Basque Cuisine restaurant in Santiago. Over 40 years entertaining customers from all over the world.
Santiago, Chile
“Great food, so-so service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

The good, the bad, and the beautiful...

The good... location is only a block or so from Plaza Peru... which offers ample parking... we paid close to $5 US for parking during our meal.

The bad... service. Our waitress left her shift right after taking our order, and no one seemed to take her place... although the other ladies did a good job of bringing us bread and condiments, after about an hour we decided to ask about our main course of lamb chops. The first lady left to ask and never returned with an answer. So we asked the second lady, and she finally returned and said it was almost done. It seemed that our first waitress left and had never turned in our order... leaving us hanging, so to speak.

The beautiful... the other 2 waitresses tried to make it right, and in the end, the food was excellent.

I would not rate this restaurant poorly based on this one experience of bad service... but if it happens again , well then I believe I would have to reduce the overall rating that I have given of Very Good to Poor.

• Visited July 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Boca Raton, Florida
“Became my favorite”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2014

This restaurant became my favorite over short stay in Santiago Chile. it was very close to hotel I was staying and because I food was really tasty, I went two nights in a row.
Service was excellent, staff is traditionally (Spain) dressed.
Fish was great. The best was Crème Brule - one of the best. (I think its a reason I dine there twice)

Visited May 2014
Denver, Colorado
“Honest and excellent food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2014

The Pinpilinpausha is one of those places that remains consistent and you can always expect what to find. They specialize in Spanish, Basque and Chilean dishes, so you´ll find variety. Apetizers are impressively tasty, including chorizo, baby eel (angulas al pil pil) cooked of hot and spicy olive oil -not fried- Spanish tortilla sort of quiche, (not to be confused with the Mexican and Central American tortilla), cured serrano ham and a long list of magnificent dishes tapa style. For mains I would strongly recommend fish that in Chile are of prime quality and that at the Pinpilinpausha comes in several exquisite preparations. I would equally recommend some more adventurous Spanish dishes such as kidney´s stew, which is fantastic as well if you´re into that. The wine list of great. I always come back to this restaurant when in Santiago

Visited April 2014
Charleston, SC
“Basque Comfort Food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2014 via mobile

Got to be a great spot! Full of "Business Luncheros" (of the very well-heeled variety), this is the second time I have eaten here.

Good food, honestly prepared, and served by confident and experienced staff. One of my favorites in a city with many fine restaurants.

Visited May 2014
Belfast, Northern Ireland
“Still very good indeed”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2014

I've eaten here several times over the last ten years. This Basque restaursnt has a distinctive snd interesting menu. It has never disappointed me. I was there on a quiet Tuesday evening. I had the ususl Pisco sour, while I tried to make up my mind what to have. Eventually, I chose the razor clams with parmesan to start. Cooked to perfection. Then came lamb cutlets served on a bed of rosemary infused chickpeas. Yum. A nice half bottle of Terranoble single vineyard Carmenere to wash it all down.

I'll be back, both to SCL and to Pinpilinpuauxa.

Delicious food and efficient service.