“Very poor” 2 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #820 of 2,942 Restaurants in Santiago
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Reservations, Late Night
Description: Restaurant Ibis de Puerto Varas en Borde Rio- Vitacura. Desde 1999 entregando lo mejor en Pescados y Mariscos, hoy ha renovado su carta para incorporar las mejores Costillas y Lomo de Cordero Patagonico lo mejor en carnes de vacuno ,las maravillosas pastas caseras como el Raviolon de Centolla en masa Philo entre otras, el inigualable tartaro de atun aleta amarilla con sesamo banado en suave salsa de soya y leche de tigre, las exquisitas Tentaciones del Ibis y mucho mas. Un icono en la gastronomia del Pais.
Athens, Greece
“Very poor”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2013 via mobile

We went there with my husband because the hotel recommend it & we read good comments on trip adviser. the truth js that is a Very touristic place. I felt like I was going back in time but not in a good way. Food without taste and very greasy. Defently I would not recommend the place for dinner or lunch. Very commercial. A big disappointment. The fish or the pastas are not prepared the way they are supposed to.

• Visited May 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food

Stewart, Canada
“Why all the accolades???”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2013

Because of the trip advisor we went to this restaurant on January 20, 2013. We live on the coast of British Columbia on the border of Alaska we catch and eat fish consistently salmon halibut Alaska black cod red snapper etc., I fished and have eaten fish from the Seychelles to Mexico from Herschel Island to the former Yugoslavia. The meal we got here at an exorbitantly inflated price was terrible. We did not get the very expensive sea bass they substituted overcooked tough tilapia, I like tilapia very much if cooked properly, have caught it and have eaten it, they thought I would not be able to differentiate the very flaked black veined fish I got, I subsequently, on the Celebrity Infinity ship got real sea bass ,we got overcooked tilapia and paid for sea bass. The vegetables were terrible this was summer, the markets in Santiago were overloaded with fresh vegetables; tomatoes at the restaurant were the same quality if not worse as the January tomatoes imported to Inuvik NWT , one can differentiate what fresh tomatoes taste like,other vegetables were definitely from a can mushy soft and tasteless, the potatoes even were poor which is difficult to do: for 2 people, with an inexpensive wine the meal came to over $140, what I have described is all we had. The taxi to take us back to the center of town was $12, so add $24 to the whole price. Maybe because we could not speak Spanish and we were not assertive enough we had such a terrible meal and terrible it was , I could never recommend this restaurant in its very glitzy overpriced neighbourhood.

• Visited January 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Santiago
“Fish anybody?”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2013

Just perfect fish and seafood, great wines and calmed slow and relaxed mood. Everything you would want from a restaurant for a great meal before going dancing or just to bed. Try the merluza austral or the red tuna... just perfect

Visited January 2013
buenos aires
“Good. I expected more”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2013

I went to the restaurant during a business trip in Santiago. A representative from the hotel where I stayed, recommended it. We were two people and shared parmesan grilled fish clams (machas) and a lobter salad. We had a very nice Carmere, though. The wine list is large and the waiters recommended well. It was a bit noisy and warm (it was like the air conditioning was working in a low mode)

Visited January 2013
Akron, Ohio
“Best Seabass I have ever had”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2012

This place is fantastic - what a find in Santiago!!! It is definitely a bit pricey, but I will most definitely return the next time I am in Chile - the seabass was the best I have ever, ever, ever had! They had a fantastic wine selection as well. For an appetizer, we tried the scallops, but they were different than anything I had ever had - they were baked with parmesan cheese on the shell - oh my goodness! So wonderful! we also tried the cheese - basically just cheese that you scoop out of a crock. I am a cheese fan, so I was a happy camper!!

My seabass was served with spinach mashed potatoes (so they were GREEN!) They were amazing as well. I can't say enough about the food - it was divine. Try it! You will NOT be sorry!!

• Visited February 2012