“Not up to par with other "moleculars"” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Borago

Borago
Avda. Nueva Costanera 3467, Vitacura, Santiago 7530078, Chile (Vitacura)
56 2 953 8893
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #17 of 3,265 Restaurants in Santiago
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Good for: Local cuisine, Entertaining clients, Doing business, Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Vitacura
“Not up to par with other "moleculars"”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2012 via mobile

Not up to par with similarly-styled rwstaurants elsewhere. Would not recommend it unless you REALLY want to try molecular gastronomy out. Just be warned that this not a good representative of the style and is probably one of the worse in Latin America.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food

Santiago, Chile
“A great dining experience.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2012

We ordered the degustation menu. It was fantastic. The waiter was very knowledgeable about the food being served, a lot of detail about everything. The food was all sourced from within Chile, they grow their own herbs (and vegetables, I think?).

One couple we were with had eaten there 6 months earlier and the waiter remembered my friend, asking her specific questions about their last meal there and about their life since they had been there last, it was all quite genuine.

The presentation of the food was quite novel for us, pate that looks like a pot plant with bread served in little brown paper bags. Mini pears served on a bonsai tree. Dry ice on the table at one stage. Purple potatoes from the south of Chile served with sea asparagus sticking out of it, served on a marble slab. Novel, but really delicious.

Decor was great, very clean and modern and comfortable.

The wines were fantastic also.

It was not a cheap meal out, but it was worth it. I'd absolutely recommend it.

• Visited February 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Santiago, Chile
“Undoubtedly one of the best restaurants in Chile”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2012

We've been to Borago three times over the space of a year and it really is a stand-out restaurant. The food is excellent with great attention to detail and the waitstaff are very friendly, efficient and capable - a rarity in this town. The second time we visited was 6 months after the first, and our waiter remembered us by name - most impressive.

The degustation menu with matching wines really showcases premium Chilean ingredients and top Chilean wines. Most notably, the 40-hour beef is just mouth-watering. It is a place to go for special occasions or to show-off to friends. Definitely one of a kind in Chile.

For us, it is better than any other restaurant we've been to in Santiago, including Astrid y Gaston, La Mar, Miraolas etc. It is expensive for Santiago but the quality of the food and service would cost far, far more in Australia or the UK.

• Visited March 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Stockholm, Sweden
“Boragó a piece of Chile”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2012

Just amazing, probably the best meal of my life!!, cause of my work I can do a lot of traveling restaurants to the very best in the world, now I have my new Nº1 Boragó

Visited June 2012
SANTIAGO
“INVENTIVE BUT NOT TO BE REAPEATED.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2012

Located in the smart restaurant street this is a elegant restaurant decorated in a very simply and clean way with a visible kitchen.

The owner and chef is clearly very talented, but sadly, for me, the food was lacking flavour. I must have chosen badly as everything was grey from the butter to the place mats, let alone the food.

If it is one thing I hate is one of the waiters coming to the table and saying "I would like to explain the concept of the restaurant/chef!" I have come to a restaurant to eat well!! You are then be told some of the very limited list of dishes are unavailable.

Without doubt all the food was perfectly cooked and presented but it lacked substance and "soul." To me, it was pretentious. The night I went it was extremely quiet and all the chefs and waiters were looking at an empty restaurant. As always on these unfortunate occasions the few diners start to whisper and want to leave as soon as possible.

This is the kind of restaurant you go to once to try the food, but is it somewhere you want to resturn to....welll not for me really.

• Visited April 2012