“improve your photograph skills in a different and fun way” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #15 of 150 Activities in Santiago
More attraction details
Owner description: Following a whirlwind of hype and endless praise in travel guides and international media...Foto Ruta has landed in Chile! Foto Ruta is a wonderful way to see and experience the city through the lens of your camera and meet like minded people.A great alternative to the traditional 'tour' Foto Ruta invites participants on a journey of discovery, using a set of clues and a set of visual photography aids. Foto Ruta Santiago will give you a greater understanding of the city and its culture whilst also teaching you how to take great travel photography.Whether you’re a photo enthusiast, a professional, or just want to see a more authentic side of Santiago, this excursion offers you a unique and memorable afternoon in the city. Foto Ruta also operates in Buenos Aires, Argentina
Santiago, Region Metropolitana, Chile
“improve your photograph skills in a different and fun way”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2013

Its a new way to improve your photographs skills (no matter at what level you are) , discovering your country or exploring new scenarios.
I recommend it , for people of all ages , that want to do something from a different perspective , and probably discover more about them self , their cameras (no matter how bad or good are they) and the wolds around them.
I really enjoy it so much that and I'm looking forwards to do it again soon.

Santiago, Chile
“Fabulous way to see the city through a different lens.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2013

I've been living in Santiago for 5 years and in the Bellas Artes neighborhood itself for the last year, just on the other side of the hill from Lastarria, where the event I attended was hosted. I've explored the neighborhood many times, checking out the restaurants and cafes; but doing it with a camera in hand and searching out photo ops to match up with the clues provided, showed me a whole new side to the 'hood. Being a "local" I don't normally do guided tours, but this was different. It's not a tour in the true sense of the word. You're given a brief description of the neighborhood, some advice on taking good photos, a map, and a set of clues and off you go to explore on your own or with a partner. And then it's back to the starting point to compare photos over a glass of wine. Overall I would say it was a fabulous experience. I highly recommend it to both locals and tourists.

Barcelona, Spain
“A different way to discover a neighborhood”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2013

I've been living in Santiago, near Lastarria, for the last 9 months. This activity helped me to see the neighborhood from a different perspective. It made me appreciate the small details of its architecture, the beauty of the street art, and the idiosyncrasy of its people.
The activity was really well organized, with some snacks, and a glass of wine at the end to comment the pictures we took. It doesn't matter if your camera is good or not, or if you know how to take pictures. The tour is about having fun, meeting new people and discover a place from a different perspective. I really recommend it, both for locals and travelers.

3 attraction reviews
“A Photography Tour even a local can enjoy”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2013

So, I have lived in Barrio Bella Vista for almost two years and in the city for over six, and I still found interesting places and moments to capture on my digitized "film." This tour made me stop and really look at the places that I am normally rushing around and through to during my daily routine.
This is not your regular tour where as group you follow the tour guide with a yellow umbrella and listen to her talk and then move along to the next point. The tour started with short coffee talk on a basic review of photography rules and examples of when it works to break them. Then we were given thematic clues meant to stimulate ideas and let loose in the city. We had the choice to go alone or with others from the group, to shoot a lot or just a few of the clues as we leisurely strolled where we choose to following the map or not. And then what was really personally rewarding was that we got to meet back up and show off our hall of fame (or shame) shots with an informal critique with wine ;)
Overall, a delight! Thank you FotaRuta. I see my neighborhood differently now.

Visited January 2013
“110 % satisfied!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2013

I am a kind of a person that rarely pics up my camera, and if I do I just take picture of my friends. With a little curiosity I went to the activity and it was really really great afternoon. A group leader full og inspiration, absolutely no high exeptations - you can bring the worst camera ever and still make good photos. The whole event end with a glass of wine, showing pictures and talk about them :) A perfect and interesting afternoon. Its highly recomanded!!!

Visited January 2013