“Great Business Hotel in Santiago” 4 of 5 stars

Regal Pacific Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   5680 Ave Apoquindo, Santiago 6761749, Chile   |
Ranked #23 of 170 hotels in Santiago
Raleigh
“Great Business Hotel in Santiago”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2013

I found this hotel to be very clean, comfortable, and accommodating. The rooms were spacious and modern. The entire staff was friendly and helpful plus everyone spoke English. The restaurant was great and the small bar, at the entrance to the restaurant, was a fun way to finish the workday before dinner. Ask for the bottomless Pisco sour! The hotel is in the heart of the business district and an easy walk to a shopping mall and restaurants. I’ll definitely stay here again when back in town.

Room Tip: Higher floors have a better view of city
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Marco_Saez, Director de Relaciones Públicas at Regal Pacific Hotel, responded to this review, October 2, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your positive comments and for taking the time to share them with the TripAdvisor community. We are glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. For us it was a pleasure to welcome you to our hotel.
Thanks again for choosing us and we look forward to welcoming you back in the very near future.

Regal Pacific Hotel - Santiago

280 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Melbourne, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2013

While the Regal Pacific Hotel appears a little dated, its rooms are very comfortable. It is not as expensive as the Marriott or international hotels, but probably offers the same level of service. Wifi is excellent and the hotel breakfast is very good. Hotel is well located near the Manquhue subway/train station so it is very easy to move around the city via train if you require. I would stay here again.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Marco_Saez, Gerente at Regal Pacific Hotel, responded to this review, October 2, 2013
Hello Todd:

Thanks for sharing your experience at our hotel with the TripAdvisor community. Our hotel is indeed conveniently located with very affordable prices, which makes it a superb choice for travelers visiting Santiago.

We certainly hope to see you back in the near future.

Warm regards:

Hotel Regal Pacific – Santiago
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2013

The Hotel Regal Pacific was a wonderful experience and after traveling to Vena del Mar and returning we all felt the relief and joy of returning home. Large rooms, comfortable king single beds, very clean and the friendliest and best service I have ever experienced. So many hotels try to focus on friendly service and attention to detail but from B&Bs in Australia, large corporate chains like Crowne and Hilton to world class five star accommodation like the Tokyo Park Hyatt, this is the hotel that I will remember for great service.

When staff clean the rooms they spend time and effort on making sure they are really clean and beautiful for your return. When you are greeted at the door the staff really make you feel welcome, in the dining room they pay special attention to what you repeatedly ask for and make it available from a bottle of water, sin gas, to reserving a special table your son wants to sit at without being asked. It was my five year old son's birthday the week before and when told they had the live singer dedicate a birthday song to him which the whole restaurant took part in and brought a slice of chocolate cake with Happy Birthday [Name] written in chocolate on the plate.
Hector, Marcello and Bruno stand out for me but everyone was just wonderful.

The food was sublime. I couldn't really stomach the breakfast food in Japan but Chile have the perfect mix of sweet, savoury, fresh and cooked. The breakfast buffet at the Regal Pacific Hotel is the best I have ever had.

Thank you to everyone there, you are all fantastic.

Room Tip: ask for a room with a view of the Andes.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Marco_Saez, Gerente at Regal Pacific Hotel, responded to this review, October 16, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing our hotel during your last stay in Santiago. For us it was a pleasure to meet him. Thank you for sharing your experience with the TripAdvisor community. It is always nice to read comments like yours.

If your travel plans bring you back to Santiago we look forward to welcoming you again.

Warm regards,
Regal Pacific Hotel - Santiago
Denmark
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2013

Hotel was decent. Not really a five start hotel, then again, probably not lower either. Just felt worn down and old.
I did like that they take their star rating seriously and go out of the way to give service. I arrived (as always) very early in Santiago, and they gave me good options to change and take a shower.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Marco_Saez, General Manager at Regal Pacific Hotel, responded to this review, August 28, 2013
Dear guest,

Thanks for your kind comments and for sharing them with the TripAdvisor community.

We are indeed a 5 stars hotel. Regal Pacific Hotel has two international certifications ISO 9001 and Nch 2912. This hotel is 17 years old and we are constantly renovating, but will always remain a classic style hotel, very formal, British designs with very good quality furniture.

Shall your travel plans bring you back to Santiago we definitely hope to have the chance to see you again.

Hotel Regal Pacific – Santiago
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2013

I cant say that Chile is known for great service, in fact they are a bit behind in that respect.
I have been to most of the major Hotels in Santiago and I am pleased to report that there is one hotel that gets it right. What a great experience from the moment I was greeted at the door. The staff at this Hotel are of the quality that is apparently not easily found in Chile. A completely relaxing environment with a very personal touch. I never write reviews but this is the best way for me to show my appreciation. Good service is not something that can be bought, and it doesn´t cost anything to give it!!! 5 strong stars for the Regal Pacific!!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Marco_Saez, General Manager at Regal Pacific Hotel, responded to this review, July 10, 2013
Dear guest,

First of all thanks for your sharing your positive words about our hotel with the TripAdvisor community. It was truly our pleasure having you with us.

We work really hard to provide our guests with the best service, so words like yours are the perfect reward to all our efforts.

Shall your travel plans bring you back to Santiago we sincerely hope to see you again.

Very best,

Director de Operaciones
Basel, Switzerland
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2013

I stayed 5 nights at this so called 5 star Hotel. I thought that through all those Ratings and recommendations I would have choosen the right Hotel. But following happen during my 5 night and 6 days. BY THE WAY: THE HOTEL SITE THROUGH WHICH I BOOKED THIS HOTEL DID NOT ALLOW ME TO PUBLISH THAT COMMENT, THATS WHY THEY HAVE A GOOD RATING THE BAD RATINGS NEVER GET PUBLISHED.

1. The Hotel is old and the furniture is looking like 25 years old but ok I could have lived with that because all was clean and everything did function perfectly.

2. Next to the Hotel was huge Building reconstractured and at 8am the workers started to make crazy noise. The Site through which I booked this Hotel never mentioned a building being reconstracted right next to the Hotel, so that never gave me a pecaful sleep. The staff could not change the room because everything was booked out. BAD!

3. The AirCon was terrible made uncredible bad noise.

4. One day I went to the small Shopping Mall next to the Hotel and when I returned I wanted to use the Restroom in the Lobby, because I was on my way to continue my journey walking through the city, But the Doormann was sooo unfriedly and did not allow me to use it. He asked me if I am the Guest of this Hotel, I did confirm that but he insisted to not let me use the restroom, Obvoisly i was angry and went up to my room. The staff at the reception just looked at me and did not do anything against this doorman, so I thought that maybe a doorman at this Hotel has more to say than the staff at the reception.

5. Breakfast Issue: FREE BREAKFAST While you have your breakfast, (self-service) with buffet which was good. But the thing is that the staff which does pretty much nothing (only takes your dishes away) puts you a so called paper on the table and ask you for a TIP!! I really was thinking like what in the world? But anyways I did tip, but the way they did it was just awful because you had the feeling that they really dont care about the service just to put you that bill on the table and get a tip.

6. While I did my check Out the Hotel staff member at the Hotel did try to charge me a extra amount of aprox. 20 USD, but I did not use anything so I asked him where is the bill of this can see where I did spend that amount... he apologized for that mistake, it might be really just a mistake or he really tried, I will never know but after all I was disappointed.

Room Tip: Don't ever book this Hotel, there are really other Hotels like El Bousque or many others.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Marco_Saez, General Manager at Regal Pacific Hotel, responded to this review, June 28, 2013
Dear Mr. Markovic

First we would like to apologize for all the drawbacks you had during your stay with us. We are aiming to provide full satisfaction to our guests. Regal Pacific Hotel has two international certifications ISO 9001 and Nch 2912.

We are going to talk to Expedia about why you couldn’t write your review in their website.

This hotel is 17 years old and we are going to start a major renovation next month, but will always remain a classic style hotel, very formal, British designs with very good quality furniture.

Our rooms count with a state of the art sound insulation system. We went to your room (1008) and couldn’t hear the construction that is taking place outside.

As for our doormen, he always asks everyone that comes from the street as a safety procedure.

The 20 dollars charged to your bill was a mistake. One of the 5 nights you stayed the restaurant cashier charged you the breakfast and your rate comes with breakfast included. We offer you our most sincere apologies for this mistake.

We want to thank you for letting us know your complains. Shall you visit Santiago again we promise you that we are going to service you much better.

Best regards

5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013 via mobile

If you don't want concerns, it's a great choice. The room is big, clean and charming, the bathroom is clean and had all stuff you would need. The staff was very pleasent on my needs. And the restaurant served an unforgettable dinner. I recomend it.

• Stayed April 2013
juliamariotto, General Manager at Regal Pacific Hotel, responded to this review, May 23, 2013
Dear guest,

Thank you for sharing your positive comments with the TripAdvisor community. We are very glad to hear that your stay with us was up to your expectations. It was our pleasure having you as our guest.

Shall your travel plans bring you back to Santiago we hope to see you again.

Director de Operaciones
Hotel Regal Pacific

Been to Regal Pacific Hotel? Share your experiences!