“It was Chilly in Chile, but the Hyatt was very warm!” 5 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
Bed & Breakfast Package
Ranked #10 of 169 hotels in Santiago
Olathe, Kansas
“It was Chilly in Chile, but the Hyatt was very warm!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2013

This is a really nice hotel. I only stayed there one night, but I had no complaints at all. It is very well maintained. The lobby is magnificent and the lobby bar incredibly nice. I only ate breakfast at the hotel...and a couple of appetizers, but everything was great! the staff is just about the friendliest group of people I have ever encountered at a hotel.

The room was certainly grand...with stunning views of the mountain. It was spacious...with a sunken seating area...by the windows. The bathroom was spotless...including the corners.

I have only good things to say about this hotels. It is a Hyatt deserving of the Grand name.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
MarcLorenz, General Manager at Grand Hyatt Santiago, responded to this review, November 15, 2013
Dear Guest
Thank you so much for your amazing feedback which makes us all very proud.
Your comment about our people being the ´´friendlies group of people you ever met in a hotel´´ really means a lot and I can only hope that you will be coming our way again soon and give us another opportunity to welcome you back to Grand Hyatt Santiago.
Please make yourself known as it would be a great pleasure to meet you in person.

654 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (104)
Portland, Maine
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2013

While I was initially skeptical about the hotel, it exceeded my expectations. The bed was super comfortable, service was great and I had an amazing view of the mountains. Breakfast had a very good selection and our meals at the event had all I need.
The hotel is located within a 5 min walk from a large mall and a 10 min walk to a metro station. So it was just right! Although I do wish that the fancy chocolate things in the lobby were complimentary and that the weather was warm enough to swim in the outside pool!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Dear Guest
My sincere thanks for your review and feedback. You have made our day by telling us that we have exceeded your expectations, I could not ask for more.
I can only hope that we will have a chance to welcome you back warmly to Grand Hyatt Santiago in the near future and please make yourself known as it would be a great pleasure to meet you in person.
Perth
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

I stayed at the Grand Hyatt in an executive suite. The room I had was very nice. It was large, comfortable and came with a nice terrace overlooking the pool. The bed wasn't great. It was a little too low and hard for my liking. Perhaps that is the way Chileans like it.

I must say, the service at the hotel is pretty hit-and-miss. I wouldn't exactly say that our check-in was performed in a friendly manner. The people checking me in did offer me a check-in at the executive floor but I decided against it. Still, I was surprised to be treated in a relatively curt manner. Similarly, the "guardians" at the executive floor do not welcome you into the lounge. They are more focused in checking that you qualify to enter the lounge. No warm smiles or friendly greetings. Could be a cultural thing.

The lounge on the executive floor was quite pleasant. Not on par with the ones in Asia but still very nice. Service was patchy. I requested a pisco sour and it never arrived even after I asked for it twice over a 10-15 minute period. Perhaps the staff were preoccupied by the Argentine teen star (Violetta) who was with her entourage waiting for an elevator to take them down.

The Grand Hyatt is like any other business hotel. They tend to be nice but with no soul. I suspect that this one has some kinks in service delivery to iron out.

The Grand Hyatt is also not the most convenient place to stay if you want to visit the city. The city is a relatively short taxi ride away.

Room Tip: Choose a good room at the Marriott. It is close to the Grand Hyatt and they have good beds.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest
Thank you first and foremost for having taken the time to write comprehensively about your recent stay with us, we appreciate it very much.
Your constructive feedback is very much taken on board and has been discussed with the team, specially the Grand Club team and will help us to improve on our customer service and focus.
It is particularly disappointing for me to read that you did not feel warmth and friendliness in our service which is usually something we are very proud of, so this has been addressed with priority.
I hope you will still give us another opportunity to welcome you back in the future and please let me know if there is anything I can do as it would be a pleasure to meet you in person.
Brisbane, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2013 via mobile

The hotel is situated in an upmarket area of Santiago, like an oasis in a big and busy city. The hotel ground is extensive, with lush gardens and a large pool with waterfalls (unheated). My partner and I have eaten in the Senso Restaurant for breakfasts, as well as the on-site Thai and Japanese restaurants several times and were never disappointed. The service was excellent in all departments. The room was spacious with comfortable king bed. A big shopping mall with supermarket is 5-10 minutes walking distance away. A metro station is 15 minutes walk and we went to the Dominico Artisan Market (4 stops) for 610 pesos (one way). The view from our room was excellent, looking at the nice pool and the snow capped mountains. Highly recommended.

Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest
Many thanks for your fabulous review which is such valuable feedback for us. Very happy to know that you liked our facilities, location, food and cutomer service and hoping that we will have a chance in the near future to welcome you and your partner back again.
Please make yourself known as it would be a pleasure to welcome you back in person
Hampstead, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2013

The Grand Hyatt in Santiago, Chile is a spectacular hotel. Multiple restaurants, beautiful gardens and pool area in a very cosmopolitan shopping area. Staff is very helpful, go out of their way to make your stay comfortable and hotel is beautiful. Lovely introduction to the spectacular wonders of Chile..

Room Tip: Choose room facing the Andes Mountains - view is spectacular especially when there is snow on the mo...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Dear Guest
What a wonderful review, thank you so much for your time writing about your recent stay; it is very much appreciated.
I am very happy to read that you enjoyed our facilities, products and most importantly, our customer service and can only hope that we will soon have an opportunity to welcome you back soon.
Sydney
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2013

Spend 1 night here in September 2013 as a result of a stopover in Santiago on my way home. The Grand Hyatt Santiago is exactly what you would expect from the brand - not cheap but good rooms, excellent facilities, great dining options and impeccable service.

Due to my Hyatt loyalty status I was given an upgrade to an executive floor room and also a free massage treatment. The treatment was excellent - the masseuse was very good.

The only suggestion I would make is for a wider variety of food to be available at breakfast and evening cocktails in the executive lounge. It did seem slightly limited compared to some other Hyatt offerings.

Overall though, I would recommend this hotel highly.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Dear Guest
Thank you very much for your feedback and time you took to write about your recent experience at Grand Hyatt Santiago.
I very much appreciate your positive comments about our customer service and product and have taken note of the buffet variety in our Grand Club which will be taken into consieration upon our next review.
Hoping to be able to welcome you back in the near future for hopefully a few more days.
santa clara
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2013

On a recent trip to Chile, we stayed here to use up some hyatt coupons my friend had purchased in auction. WE were SO HAPPY with the hotel. Comfortable, beautiful, secure especially for 2 females traveling alone. But what really makes this the place to stay EVER was the staff and service at the hotel. We were treated like royalty and cannot say enough good things.
Especially want to mention Mauricio, Pasquale, Diego, Claudio and Remina in the lobby bar.
The doormen were very attentive and made suggestions for our visit that made sure we were safe.
Santiago is a safe city and we never had a problem.
One day, we will return to Chile and would stay no where else.
Also, the wifi was perfect.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Guest,
You made our day and I can not tell you how much your comments mean to us. There is nothing we could wish more than positive comments on our people and custmer service as we strongly feel that this really makes the difference in our guests stay and experience.
I hope to be able to welcome you back to the hotel in the near future and would be delighted to meet you in person.
with kind regards

Been to Grand Hyatt Santiago? Share your experiences!