This hotel is a classic (I mean older) building. It is well maintained with great decoration and service. The pool itself and the lounge were simply amazing while overlooking the city. The Golf area where the hotel is located in is one of the best if not THE best. Clean, quite and free of sad looking homeless dogs :(. Lots of great restaurants and shops in walking distance. Make sure to try Tiramisu Italian restaurant. The Golf subway station is also a few feet away from the hotel, which is a huge plus for people who would like to have the full Santiago experience. The price was high compared to other hotels in Santiago but very reasonable for a RC.
The carpets in the rooms desperately needed to be changed, so if the management is reading this please arrange for it ASAP. It's really below any 5 star hotel standard let alone the Ritz Carlton.
The hotel struggled with modern age technology a bit. The key cards kept getting deactivated for no reason. It happened more than 5 times to 3 of us in the 5 days that we were staying at the hotel. Since the elevators operate with the cards, we would get stock and had to wait in line for the front desk for the cards to be reset. They were very nice about it but I'm sure both parties could put their time to better use.
The wireless Internet also had its problems having blind spots but not a big deal.
I would definitely recommend the hotel and would stay there if I ever visit Santiago again, hopefully the carpets would be changed by then :)
- Also Known As:
- The Ritz-Carlton Santiago Hotel
- The Ritz-Carlton Santiago Hotel Santiago
- Santiago Ritz Carlton
- Ritz Santiago
- Ritz-Carlton Santiago
- Santiago Ritz
- Santiago Ritz-Carlton
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the heart of the exclusive business district, El Golf. 205 elegant appointed rooms, including 52 Ritz Carlton Club level rooms and 15 Executive Suites. Meeting facilities includes 8500 sq ft of flexible space and Technology Concierge. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Travelocity, Tingo, Hotels.com, Otel, TripOnline SA, Venere and Agoda so you can book your The Ritz-Carlton Santiago reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.