“Good hotel, not my favorite” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Crowne Plaza Hotel Santiago

You added Crowne Plaza Hotel Santiago to your Saves list
Crowne Plaza Hotel Santiago
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   136 Avenido B O'Higgins | P.O. BOX 488-correo 21, Santiago, Chile (Santa Lucia)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #34 of 173 Hotels in Santiago
Sao Paulo, SP
“Good hotel, not my favorite”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2014

If you like modern, minimalist hotels with "something else", this is not for you. This is an honest, clean, good hotel, but not that exciting. The rooms are large and clean. Breakfast is average, Wi-fi connection was unstable in my room.
It is and truly feels like a big old 5 star hotel from one of the big hotel chains.
Location is OK, in the city centre, close to the subway and to Providencia, a nice bohemian neighborhood. After a few days in Santiago, it was clear to me that there would be better, newer locations.

In other words, I did not love it, but wasn't very excited either.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
Alejandra S, Director of Sales at Crowne Plaza Hotel Santiago, responded to this review, January 3, 2014
Dear Guest Arielmorg;

Thank you for choosing our hotel to stay in Santiago, and for posting a review about our property.
We appreciate your comments and I am pleased you liked the location as well as the room size and the cleanliness of our hotel.
We note your comment about internet and we can tell you that now we are in process to update our internet system to improve the quality of service.
We hope to have an opportunity to serve you again.
Sincerely.,

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
Tucson, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2013

The hotel is located in the center of town. It is a very modern facility. The room were a good size, clean and quiet. We were on the 10th floor and had a good view overlooking the city. A electronic safe is located in the closet as is the mini bar and small coffee pot.

They have a business center for Wifi, and is available is some rooms.

The restaurant is very well appointed, with large seating area. Breakfast was buffet style with a very large selection of items. Another good place to make a sandwich if you need one during the day.

Front desk is very helpful. I had trouble with my global phone signal and needed to call Verizon in the US. They told me to buy a Chile Phone card, bring it to them and they would dial it for me, thus I wouldn't have to pay for dialing from the room. It was a long call, and they saved me a lot of expense. The most helpful front desk help I've experienced in some time. They were excellent.

Everything was top notch at this location!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
Alejandra S, Director of Sales at Crowne Plaza Hotel Santiago, responded to this review, December 24, 2013
Dear Guest Norb W:

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your good experience in our hotel, we appreciate your positive comments about our staff and service, we feel very proud that you had an excellent stay in our Hotel and we will share your comments with them.

We look forward to welcome you again!
New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2013

Unfortunately we only stayed here for 1 night. I had cashed in points for the one night so it was totally free. The hotel is very large and very nice. It has a great location, so close to good shopping and great restaurants. The room was comfortable and it was clean. It was decent size room on a high floor with a very nice view. The staff were very nice and very helpful. I am a Priority Club Platinum Elite member which has nice perks including free wifi, late checkout and a welcome bottle of wine in the room. We had a late flight on the day of checkout and were not able to extend the late checkout any later so the hotel just stored our luggage for us until we were ready to leave. I enjoyed the one night we had at this hotel especially since it was free. I do not know how much it is if you pay but it really is a good place to stay. I definitely recommend staying here.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest

Thanks for reviewing our property and tell about your good experience with us.
It is always great to have a good feedback from our clients and hear that they enjoyed our facilities, our people and our services.
And Thanks for recommending Crowne Plaza Santiago

I look forward to welcoming back in the near future.
Oakland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2013

I stayed here 11/8/2013 for 3 nights. Busy location and convenient. Was on a tour. Found the accommodations quite adequate. Great view from the room. My bed was nice and firm. Able to make tea in my room (not a feature in any of the South American hotels I stayed at after this. Wi-fi was very good. I was able to get free Wi-Fi because I remembered I had stored a Golden Crown number in my Dropbox.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
Alejandra S, Director of Sales at Crowne Plaza Hotel Santiago, responded to this review, December 17, 2013
Dear Guest Memaday;

Thank you so much for posting a review of your stay with us, we are happy to know that you had good experience in our hotel and you liked our location and accommodations.

We hope to welcome you back in a near future,
Atlanta, GA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2013

First the good: Rooms were up to date and the view to the east of the Andes was interesting. Convenience goods are close by and restaurants and attractions are easy to walk to. The not so good: The carpeting in the halls is ratty. The power (including AC) went out one night for several hours, ostensibly because of utility work in the area. WiFi was $10 a night. Adjacent to the hotel is a grungy shopping area, at least by U.S. Standards. Final note: Unlike most of the places we stayed in S. America, you get washcloths!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest GPBurdell67

Thank you for your review and your recent stay with us. I am happy that you enjoyed our view, rooms and found our location convenient. On the other hand, my apologies for the inconvenience you experienced with the air conditioning and the electricity problem. Your comments are of great importance to us and allow us to monitor and improve our service continually.

We look forward to serving you in the future.

Ruthin, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2013

Here for 3 nights. I had a fantastic room with the most amazingly comfortable bed. Staff are wonderful, and there is really nothing bad about this place. It's really well placed for shopping and seeing Santiago too. I don't recognise the reviews saying it's dated at all. Fantastic hotel and fantastic hotel team.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Alejandra S, Director of Sales at Crowne Plaza Hotel Santiago, responded to this review, December 9, 2013
Dear Guest Ddraig:

Thank you for your wonderful comments. I am very pleased that you were so happy with your stay and you loved Chile.

We feel very satisfied when we are able to exceed our guest’s expectations and provide a personalized and quality service.
It will be a big pleasure for our team to have you back with us in the near future.

We look forward to welcome you again!
Santiago, Chile
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2013

Stayed at this hotel for an event recently. Even though it's considered one of the oldest hotel in Santiago, the rooms have been refurbished with modern design and the staff are efficient and very friendly. I particularly love the buffet lunch and the restaurant's staff who are all very attentive and helpful. I didn't try the spa but my friend raved about it, and loved the masseuse! ;p

The hotel is conveniently located in downtown, near the Metro and about 20 minutes walk to the Santa Lucia Handicraft Market and a few blocks from the Santa Lucia Hill. The famous Plaza Italia and Bella Vista area, which are filled with restaurants and bars, are just few minutes walk from the hotel.

Value for money if you want to see the happening side of Santiago ;p

Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Dear Guest Ezzthetics;

Thank you for staying with us and providing us with your valuable feedback.

We are happy to know that you had a great stay in our hotel, and you enjoyed our lunch and our service. Our staff will be pleased to read your comments and know that you appreciate their job.

I really hope you can come back to our property and enjoy again all our facilities and service.

Been to Crowne Plaza Hotel Santiago? Share your experiences!