“The best day of my vacation” 5 of 5 stars

$110*
and up
Certificate of Excellence 2014
More attraction details
Owner description: We are a group of fellow travelers from around the world, focused on preservation and conservation of natural heritage; we like to enjoy the mountain air, the sound of the sea and the desert silence. We support cultural events, folk and ethnic diverse groups of our country, as the feast of La Tirana, Quasimodo and Chinese dance, giving the opportunity to attend festivals and traditional celebrations, and to support local communities assisting with service.
Atlanta, Georgia
“The best day of my vacation”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2013

We didn't expect to go to Chile, so I wasn't able to book this trip until the day before, and it could not have been easier. I used my phone's wifi and signed up through their website. They confirmed everything with a personal email and answered all of my questions promptly. They picked us up the next morning around 8:30 (came to the Hostel's front desk and asked for us) and we left for the mountains. On the way, we got food from a store in a small town. They helped us complete the order (we don't speak any spanish) and made a great recommendation (get a sandwich with homemade bread, mountain goat cheese, guacamole, tomato, and ham). We then drove the rest of the way to the mountain. The van was full and we met a lot of new people on the trip. When we got there, we started hiking into and through the valley. The views were breathtaking. The hike ends at a small lake at the foot of a huge mountain. There, we ate our delicious sandwiches and took a short nap. Then, we started heading back. On the way back down the mountain, our tour guide, Juan, played his flute for us. It was amazing. There was a feast waiting for us at the cars, including several different cheeses and local foods. After indulging in that, we went to the hot springs. They were really relaxing and a great end to the day. I HIGHLY recommend that you go on this trip if you are in Chile for any amount of time. It was well worth the cost.

Visited May 2013

Review collected in partnership with this attraction

Cygnet, Australia
4 attraction reviews
“Good Way to see Santiago & Surroundings”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2013

Good guides & drivers, nice schedule, good English spoken. We got to one wine tasting but missed out on the other. Lunch places they selected were good.

Visited May 2013

Review collected in partnership with this attraction

Adelaide, South Australia, Australia
3 attraction reviews
“GLACIER & HOT SPRINGS”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2013

Well, I have to say I really enjoyed this tour (glacier and hot spring). Excellent guides greeted my friends and I around 8:30am. We were picked up from our apartment and stopped over at a small town in Cajon del Maipo to buy some light snacks in preparation for the hike. The drive took a couple of hours in total from Santiago. We reached the foot of the mountain near noon and started the hike. The hike was simply spectacular and breath-taking and both our guides were very informative on the local flora and fauna too. Upon reaching the peak, we had relaxing lunch with music played by our guides gazing upon the glacier. Again, awed by the nature's beauty! We descended and were brought to the hot springs. It was a very nice experience, a midst the cold. After a good hour relaxation in the hot spring, we were surprised with dinner. Yummy! Around 8 or so, we packed and head back to Santiago and reached safely at our apartments at 11.30.

All I have to say is Give it a go! To me, this has been a once in a lifetime experience. Had a great time with my mates, made new friends (the tour guides) and have appreciated what the Andes and Chile has to offer.

Visited April 2013
Tennessee
14 attraction reviews
“Fun day with breathtaking views of the Andes”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2013 via mobile

We did a day tour to the Andes (glacier and hot spring) with Cristobal and Rodriguez, who were both wonderful tour guides. Our day started at 8:30am sharp, when we were picked up at our hotel. We had 6 total in our group, 2 guides, and a driver. On our way, we stopped for lunch in a small town (ham/cheese/bread/chips/water) and took the food with us on the hike. We arrived at the mountain around 12pm and hiked until 6pm (16km total roundtrip). The hike was at a moderate pace and the guides stopped to tell us bits of information about the area, vegetation, and animals along the way. We had lunch at the foot of the glacier and Cristobal played some music for us while we ate. After the hike, we relaxed in a hot spring while enjoying a light snack. There were rustic bathrooms to change in, but no lighting. The van ride near the mountains was on a dirt road and quite bumpy at times but tolerable. It took roughly 3 hours to drive back to Santiago, and we returned to our hotel around 11:30pm. It was a long day but well worth it. You can't come to Chile without experiencing the Andes mountains, and this was a highly recommended way to do it!

Visited April 2013
Santiago, Chile
“Hiking Cerro el Pintor and back again”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2013

This company was both very pleasant, efficient and helpful, but most of all they were great people eager to share the best of Chile - in the best possible way. They organised a 12 hour hike to Cerro el Pintor from one day to the next, providing both car, guides and mate (the ubiquitous South American drink)! No one else was able to do this in so short notice. They picked us up at the hostel on time. While trekking, it was obvious that these people knew what they were doing, both guides were very knowledgeable about hiking in the Andes at high altitude, with extensive experience, as well as just really pleasant company. They brought us safely to not one but three high altitude summits during the trip. Both my mate and myself enjoyed this trip; it is the best day we have had so far in South America. I can really recommend this company. Everything they do is serious and it is obvious that they are high-quality people with lots of experience and knowledge!

Visited January 2013