“Great Boutique hotel in Santiago Chile” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Lastarria Boutique Hotel

You added Lastarria Boutique Hotel to your Saves list
Lastarria Boutique Hotel
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   Coronel Santiago Bueras 188, Santiago 8320135, Chile (Santa Lucia)   |
Ranked #12 of 173 Hotels in Santiago
New York City, New York
“Great Boutique hotel in Santiago Chile”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2014

I like this small hotel in Santiago Chile. It is so beautiful and luxurious. You will feel like you enter another world. The only problem and the reason that it didn't get the 5 stars from me was my room. It was so small that after 5 minutes there I had a panic attack and I'm not kidding. I have phobia to enclose places and the room felt like a closet with a huge bed. Why don't u guys put a smaller bed in that room so that the person can move around and don't get a panic attack! I know that it is my fault for not choosing a bigger room since the hotel got in touch with me before I got there to warn me of the size of the room. But I had been in small room before but since they had a small bed I never felt losing my breath for not being able to move around. The bathroom was my only escape since it has a more open space. DO NOT STAY IN THE SMALL ROOM IF YOU HAVE PHOBIA TO ENCLOSE PLACES! I checked the other rooms since the staff was so friendly and I understood my problem and let me look at the other rooms. they are bigger and YOU HAVE more room to move around. It was too bad that when I got there the hotel was full to capacity, I solved my problem by staying away from the room since they have a beautiful courtyard in the back of the hotel with a swimming pool. I love the treats that you get during tea hours, it is also to walking distance to the nightlife and as you know with my phobia of the room I stayed out almost all night and got back too tired to just jump in that huge comfortable bed. It is also to walking distance to all the touristS area and that was a great plus since I only was in Santiago for two days. It is a very elegant quite relax hotel so don't let my review of the room to walk away from this hotel just make sure that you book any other room and you will be okay. Use the service transfer to the airport I find it cheap about $40 and the guy who take you to the airport is very friendly:) I found a good restaurant and the end of the street where there is a lot of bars and restaurant. When u leave the hotel walk to the bridge like a 5 minutes walk to Bella Vista neighborhood. when you past the bridge you will go past many bars and restaurant. and at the end of the street there is a famous park that you can see the city when you get there turn left and the restaurant is right there. It is a chilean restaurant and has a Pablo Neruda theme. The food is excellent. Too bad I cant remember the name.

Room Tip: DO not stay in the small room if you have phobia to enclose places
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (71)
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2014

My son and daughter-in-law and I have just returned from a two-night stay in Lastarria Boutique Hotel after a cruise. I can highly recommend it. It is head and shoulders above other accommodation I have used in Santiago in the past.The location is perfect, in the leafy but buzzing historical/university area, close to all the historical and entertainment attractions and with very good restaurants and bars a stone's throw away. The hotel itself is charming---a tasteful conversion of an early 1900s town house. Rooms are good sized and well appointed. Food and drink is excellent in the Deli/Lounge or for room service. The cool quiet shady green town-house sized garden at the rear with its small pool and delightful terrace are so welcome after a hot day of sightseeing. Staff are excellent and most speak good English (not very common in Chile). I was particularly glad of the help of the night receptionist Jorge who found a doctor to visit me when I was taken ill at 1 a.m. one night. Leonardo (?) the concierge/porter was also so helpful with our mountain of luggage. I will always stay here when in Santiago in future.

Room Tip: Rooms at the back of the hotel overlook the garden. At least one room at the front has a large priva...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Cambridge, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2014

We stayed here for 3 nights in a Junior Suite and were not disappointed - great room (Number 6) and excellent staff and good location. Would stay here again and enjoyed eating in the terrace overlooking the lovely pool.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Sydney
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2014

My wife and I only stayed one night but wish we had left Beunos Aires earlier and spent more time at Lastarria. The location is good - nice quiet street but adjacent to a hip cafe and restaurant precinct (the Bocanariz vinobar recommended by reception was excellent!). The Lastarria hotel is in a converted mansion, which imposes some constraints, but our room was well appointed and comfortable and the breakfast area overlooking the pool was very stylish. We found the service pleasant and effective. Happy to recommend and hope to return.

Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Newquay, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2014

I really enjoyed my stay at this boutique hotel. My room was stylish, comfortable and spotlessly clean with a beautiful bathroom and great shower. The staff were very friendly and helpful and the location was excellent. I loved sitting outside by the pool enjoying the sunshine - there is a great vibe about it. Breakfast was very good with plenty of choice and I would thoroughly recommend staying here.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
Oslo
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2014 via mobile

We stayed there on two separate nights on recent trip to and from Easter Island. The first room was a jr suite on the top floor with a great terrace. No issues there. The major disappointment came when we went down to the pool terrace to enjoy the afternoon tea and were told it was closed for a private meeting/function. Unbelievable. What is the point of staying there without being able to enjoy the main feature of the hotel? On the second stay, we were shown to "the largest room in the hotel" (subtext meaning the best). Well, it certainly was a large room on the second floor of the hotel but it was just that - a large room. No attempt was made to make it cozy, stylish, or comfortable. The bathroom still had its original 'charm' and the new shower jead barely worked due to the calcium buildup. These issue are nothing in comparison to the external noise however. Having exposed hardwood flooring in all of the rooms and hallways, with thick air gaps under each of the doors means that you are guaranteed to jear every footstep and hushed whisper of the other guests coming into and out of their rooms. I am sure we didnt make many friends when we left at 5 am to the airport. That brings up the last issue... The service. Boutique hotels are supposed to be focused on service. When we requested any kind of food to be available for us in the early morning of our departure there man at the desk insisted there was nothing he could do. Full stop. Not even going into the kitchen to secure a couple of pieces of fruit. Nothing. As for the concierge, it seems the only places they could recommend for dinner were around the corner from the hotel. These are average restaurants (at best) and certainly not worth recommendation. I am uncertain how Lastarria got such a great review in tripadvisor. I could certainly not recommend paying $500 a night to stay here when there are so many other good hotels around. I just don't get it.

Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Alice Springs, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2014

We found this hotel to be superb. Our room (3) on the ground floor was compact but very conformable. We liked the private courtyard. The shower room was compact but the shower itself was excellent. We liked the small touches of chocolates and water. Also the gown and the slippers. The pool was freezing, but I would describe it as exhilarating! The breakfast included in the Tarrif was more than adequate and the service was excellent. While there is no restaurant, there are any number of restaurants in the Lastarria (Bohemian) district to choose from. Staff were always trying to please, and having a receptionist who spoke reasonable English helps. The proximity of the hotel to tourist attractions was also good. Overall, highly recommended.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Lastarria Boutique Hotel? Share your experiences!