“Excellent meat and fish” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #42 of 1,360 restaurants in Santiago
Cuisines: Chilean
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
“Excellent meat and fish”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2013 via mobile

I've been twice now with colleagues for lunch and thoroughly enjoyed both meals. I had an Angus steak with fries and salad (and tasted my colleague's filet mignon). Both were excellent, a l'ingès (rare). Today I had salmon with herb sauce and grilled vegis on the side. Scrumptious! I'll be back.
Oh, the espresso tasted too much like Turkish/Greek coffee for my palate.

93% Recommend
Stockholm, Sweden
“Perfect seafood”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2013

If you want to have a nice dinner in a nice atmosphere this is the place. Ana Maria are a local star (chef) in Santiago famous for her food so take the opportunity if you are in the hoods. They have a winelist with a lot if Chilean wines.
The service is casual but perfect.

• Visited September 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
New York City, New York
“Fantastic Food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2013

Really great, authentic Chilean dishes. Unique meats and seafood. It's not super cheap, but It's a great experience and one I would highly recommend.

Visited September 2013
New York, NY
“Very nice experience, but may not be for everyone”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2013

Writing this review is as bit tough--to be completely honest, the food wasn't the best we had on our trip. But, the service was impeccable and the ambience was great--maybe we didn't order the perfect dish for us, so we'd certainly encourage you to choose a "game" that you think you'd like!

We were greeted by the host and were quickly given a table. The ambience is romantic and quite perfect for either a date or for a nice dinner with family. We were served bread which was tasty. We then had two appetizers: beef carpaccio and grilled shrimp. The portions weren't huge, but both were tasty. For the entree, we decided to share rabbit--it was clearly well cooked but it wasn't to our liking. Maybe we should have tried a different dish or something potentially less adventurous.

Overall though, if you do like game, try it out or go for something simple!

• Visited July 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Stanford, California
“Ordinary”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

Maybe I am just not a fan of Chilean food or maybe I just did not order the right food, but I find the cooking rather ordinary at Ana Maria. I started with a consomme, and had albacora (they did not have sea bass, which I originally wanted) and sautée mushroom for main course. However, I was not impressed by any of the three dishes I ordered. The quality of its service, the decoration in the restaurant and the free bread served were, however, top-notch.

• Visited July 2013