“Very nice but...” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Radisson Petra La Dehesa

You added Radisson Petra La Dehesa to your Saves list
Radisson Petra La Dehesa
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   12851 Comandante Malbec Lo Barnechea, Santiago 7690286, Chile   |
Offers & Announcements
HOLIDAY PROMO - SAVE 20%
Ranked #30 of 173 Hotels in Santiago
Santiago
“Very nice but...”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012

Everything was perfect until we tried to order our meal at the restaurant. when the waitress came to the table he couldnt answer my questions in relation to the menu, so i told him that i wanted to talk to another person that could speak english. after waiting for about 5 minutes the person in charge came and tried to help me out, but he couldnt so i left!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
EMONDACA, General Manager at Radisson Petra La Dehesa, responded to this review, October 29, 2012
Dear Sr.

First of all on behalf of all staff the Radisson Petra La Dehesa, I thank you for your comments, which will evaluate and we will make the changes needed to improve on those points where we are weakest, specially those you mentioned.
We always deliver and each of our guests an excellent service where professionalism and delivery of the hotel staff to our guests is our daily motivation. We therefore hope that your next stay in your experience that much better.

Esteban Mondaca

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Mumbai (Bombay), India
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2012

I have visited Santiagio 6 times.
So far this was my best stay ever in Santiago de chile. this hotel has everything you can think of including a 3 min ISD gratis phone call. the gym & the heated indoor swimming pool were also good. I wish they soon complete the renovation work there and may be add few more treadmills in the gym. They were open 24 hours on request.

The Outdoor pool was freezing in August & is closed all winter.

The b/fast menu was limited , Accor was better.

The spa was great and I cant remember when i feel asleep during my therapy.

Has a great business lounge with a printer in case you need something printed in the last minute.

The staff were cordial & the shopping mall across the street are added attractions. There is a pizza hut as well nearby so I never really tasted their cuisine , but I found it was not very expensive for a 7 star hotel.

Room Tip: The shower & closet are attached & there is nothing called a door here. not recommended if...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
EMONDACA, Manager at Radisson Petra La Dehesa, responded to this review, October 22, 2012

Miami, FL
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2012 via mobile

I have stayed a few times in this property and recently again. The comfort is very good, staff very attentive and brekfast buffet also good. However, two things need to be fixed; the Internet service and not having taxis ready very early in the morning. The internet is not a luxury, it is a necessity, I saw a person sitting in the hallway outside his room so he can get a better signal... The staff knows that many flights depart early in the morning, we needed to wait more than 20 minutes to get a taxi to take us to the airport. I will definitely stay here again but please, fix the issues.

Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
EMONDACA, Manager at Radisson Petra La Dehesa, responded to this review, September 10, 2012
Dear Sr:
First of all on behalf of all staff the Radisson Petra La Dehesa, I thank you for your comments, which will evaluate and we will make the changes needed to improve on those points where we are weakest. Like the internet and the Taxi Services, regarding this issues we are working with the internet network so we can replace all the system by the end of September, about the taxi we will check it and improve if is necessary so you can see a difference in your next visit..

Nice, France
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2012

Spent a few nights here on a business trip. I've stayed at both Radisson's in Santiago and this is the best of the two - just, but it is out of the way. 'Modern' design, but not very practical really, at various levels - for example, inside the entrance is an open space from ground floor to the roof. Great, except that sound travels through that open space and, day and night, you can hear every noise/voice from ground floor to top room. The rooms are also very 'modern', but again style overcomes practicality - examples: bathroom design means the sink splashes water everywhere when you use it, and because the shower door isn't watertight you end up with water all over the bathroom floor and running into the toilet area adjacent to it. Looks good, but messy.
It is a bit out of the way and it's a bother to find a taxi driver who knows the way. If you need to travel downtown then allow 45-60 minutes in rush hour, or 30-40 minutes other times. Taxi costs vary from CLP12,000-15,000 (€20-25) one way.
The onsite restaurant (Zafran) is a bit hit and miss. The manager is a really good guy and does a great job, and the chef can obviously cook. The trouble is, if the manager's not there then the service and food quality drops beyond recognition. I had lunch there the day I arrived and I thought "wow" when the manager got the chef to prepare some off menu shrimp, followed by a wonderful tenderloin steak - great. Wine was good and service was excellent. Went back for dinner the next day and... yuk. What a disappointment. Service and food dropped to below mediocre to downright poor. If the chef can cook such a great lunch at the request of the manager, how come the normal menu fare is so poor? Oh well...
So, for a few days on a business trip it's OK. But if you have business downtown, find somewhere closer and where 'style' doesn't come before practicality - you'll sleep better and avoid wet feet.

Room Tip: Check the shower door closes properly or you'll end up with wet feet.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
EMONDACA, Manager at Radisson Petra La Dehesa, responded to this review, September 3, 2012

Hotel Manager
Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2012 via mobile

Stayed there overnight after a long flight from Sydney. Thankfully we were able to check in early, but I had requested two double beds and I was told that although Expedia had allowed that booking they didn't have any double rooms available. They were quick to offer a roll away bed at no extra cost. However, I had to ask two more times until they finally set it up. The room service was good value. A word of warning about booking a taxi to the airport through reception: they charge 40,000 pesos and if you contact Transvip directly you get a nice van for $25,000 pesos. Overall, a nice hotel but it is in the suburbs.

• Stayed July 2012
EMONDACA, Manager at Radisson Petra La Dehesa, responded to this review, August 7, 2012
Dear Sir:
First of all on behalf of all staff the Radisson Petra La Dehesa, I thank you for your comments.

Midwest
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2012

This property is very modern, sleek and somewhat new. One of my favorite items in the room was the comfortable chaise lounge from which I could view the mountains. The room was very comfortable with a climate control box, mini-bar refrigerator (without electronic sensors), iron and ironing board, safe, single-serve coffee maker, etc. Curiously, although our room had two beds, and there were two of us, we only received one of the following -- one robe (no slippers), one coffee mug, and on the second day of our stay, just one washcloth. When we asked housekeeping for a second washcloth at turndown, we were told that we would have to wait until the next morning since it was too late (it was around 8 p.m.). How is that too late to receive a washcloth at a full-service hotel? When I mentioned this at checkout, there was no apology from the front desk person or explanation. Our room was also lacking a "Do Not Disturb" sign.

We visited the hotel's restaurant for breakfast. On the first day, the staff ignored us. No one offered coffee or anything. The next day, there was a manager there, and he was outstanding. He made sure we had the hot decaf and tea we wanted, he offered french toast and omelettes from the kitchen, and periodically checked on us to make sure we were OK. This manager and the hotel's design are the reasons I have rated the hotel very good versus average.

The hotel is across the street from a shopping mall that includes a Jumbo hypermarket, pharmacy, apparel shops, etc. Left of the hotel, there is an office building with restaurants (Italian, Japanese and Johnny Rockets) and banks on the ground floor. Across the street, there is also a gas station that appears to have a convenience store (I did not go in). Beyond the businesses in the area, there are upscale residences behind the hotel. Please note that the hotel is not in downtown Santiago (so if you need to be in the middle of Santiago, this location may not be the best for you). It is in a safe, nice area where one can relax and do a little shopping.

My overall assessment is that the hotel is very nicely appointed and has an outstanding restaurant manager (the bell staff is also great), the hotel (housekeeping, front desk) has work to do on anticipating customer needs and addressing customer requests.

Room Tip: Ask for a mountain view.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
EMONDACA, General Manager at Radisson Petra La Dehesa, responded to this review, August 1, 2012
Dear Sr:

First of all on behalf of all staff the Radisson Petra La Dehesa, I thank you for your comments, which will evaluate and we will make the changes needed to improve on those points where we are weak, especially as you mention about the housekeeper service , which we think should have complied with your request, regardless of the time, please accept our apologies for this problem which I'm sure we will fix quickly.
We always deliver to each of our guests an excellent service where professionalism and delivery of the hotel staff to our guests is our daily motivation. We therefore hope that on your next stay your experience even better.

Amesbury, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2012

I stayed here in June for 5 nights whilst on business, excellent service from everyone. My room was on floor 6 and was very nice and very comfortable.
Breakfast was superb with a very wide choice from the buffet and the restaurant manager very kindly offered me something from the kitchen also.
Very nice bar with very friendly staff, I ate in the restaurant a couple of times and was most impressed with the quality of food and service.
I would 100% recommend this hotel to anyone looking for good quality and service.

Room Tip: I was on the sixth floor and it was fine.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
EMONDACA, General Manager at Radisson Petra La Dehesa, responded to this review, July 26, 2012
Dear Richard:
First of all, on behalf of all staff of Radisson Petra La Dehesa, I thank you for your comments, we always give each of our guests an excellent service where professionalism of the hotel staff to our guests is our daily motivation. We therefore hope that your next stay can be much better.

Esteban Mondaca

Been to Radisson Petra La Dehesa? Share your experiences!