“Excellent and value” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #8 of 173 Hotels in Santiago
Curitiba
“Excellent and value”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2010

We stayed at Meridiano Sur Petit Hotel in the beginning of december. The staff was very attencious, including before the trip, and the rooms are very clean. There is free wifi and there are computers in the front desk. There are books in the living room that we can borrow. I recomend the hotel to all my friends.
However our last day wasn't so nice. It was a sunday and we wanna sleep until 9 oclock, but 8:30 the maid started vacuuming in the next room. When we had breakfest, there is no more cheese and coffee. We wait some minutes and my husband had to ask some cheese in the front desk. They told us that there isn't coffee anymore, just Nescafe.
Besides these problems, its an excellent hotel.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
  • Polish first
Saint Louis, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2010

The staff at this charming, modern hotel went out of its way to help us find our way around town. Great location too.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2010

This hotel lived up to all my expectations. The staff were exceptional in all respects. Their English was excellent and their ability to give me advise and answers was perfect. My contact with them prior to my arrival was also quite easy and they made me feel like I would be welcomed and appreciated when I arrived and I certainly was.

Free wifi is wonderful too. quite fast and very reliable. I had friends staying at a 5 star hotel for almost 3x what I paid here and they had to pay for internet access as well!

My room was on the small side, but there is plenty of public space that more than makes up for the smaller room. It was plenty adequate for a nice comfortable, quiet place to sleep.

I would recommend to everyone to print out a map of the area before your arrival. Me experience with taxi drivers is that 0 out of 4 had any clue where the place was and the address was not usually sufficient. Having a map helped a lot. Once at the hotel, be sure to grab some of their cards from the front desk that include a card.

Nice small wonderful friendly hotel. I will return!

• Stayed December 2010, traveled solo
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2010

The Meridiano Sur is a very small hotel located in a great neighbourhood of Santiago. As the hotel itself advertises, the rooms are indeed small, but comfortable. A small working area would be nice though. The breakfast is just OK. In the three days I was there, in only one there was someone minding the breakfast room. It was a long holiday weekend so maybe that's the reason. I have to give them 4 instead of 5 stars because of an unexpected transaction on my online credit card statement which turned out to be the pre-authorisation that is usually charged upon check-in. Even though it was not actually charged, any usual transactions raise alarms and I had to cancel my credit card a few days before flying to Santiago. Not really a major issue as I had alternative cards but a hassle nonetheless. It would've been fine if the hotel had warned me but they never did. They did clarify the situation after I emailed them but I still think the pre-authorisations should be done only with the consent of the guest. I expected some sort of apology during my stay but that never happened. Despite all that, I'd recommend the hotel - just be warned about the petit rooms and unusual credit card transactions.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled solo
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2010

I stayed two nights in this amazing hotel on my arrival in Santiago. I had read the great reviews online before booking my room and the place was just great!!
I must add the service was great!! Very helpfull and friendly. Miguel went over and above to assist me with all my needs!
I highly recommend this petit Hotel in the heart of Santiago!
Definitely coming back on my next visit!

• Stayed November 2010, traveled solo
Sydney
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2010

I loved this hotel, great clean and very tidy rooms.
The staff were very friendly and helpfool and spoke really good English, even though my spanish is ok ;-)
Great selection for breakfast including pancakes, fresh fruit juices...yummy!!!
We stayed in the loft with great views of San Cristobal.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2010

My wife and I spent four nights here at the beginning our trip through South America. We had a room in the basement, which was more than sufficient. Yes, the room is on the small side but there is a living room and patio at the hotel where you can relax as well. There are also very large closets in the room where you can store your bags if space is an issue.

The hotel is located on a quiet, safe street in the Providencia neighbourhood of Santiago. There are numerous restaurants in the area including Astrid & Gaston, which is one of the best restaurants in the city. The metro stop is less than ten minutes away and there's a bank at the end of the street where you can exchange currency at a good rate. It's a great place to base yourself out of in Santiago.

Our only complaint was that breakfast was repetitive, which we may have only noticed by spending four nights there. If you were only there for a night or two, this wouldn't bother you.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple

Been to Meridiano Sur Petit Hotel? Share your experiences!