“Lovely oasis” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Aubrey Boutique Hotel

You added The Aubrey Boutique Hotel to your Saves list
The Aubrey Boutique Hotel
4.0 of 5 Boutique Hotel   |   317 Constitucion | Bellavista, Providencia, Santiago 753 0137, Chile   |
Ranked #9 of 173 Hotels in Santiago
Rotterdam, The Netherlands
“Lovely oasis”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2014

A few weeks before we were due to arrive, I received an e-mail from the hotel, asking if they could help with organizing any activities. The e-mail exchange was pleasant, replies came very quickly, and they made good suggestion. A great start, and an indication of the attention to detail you can expect at The Aubrey.
The building is gorgeous (not suitable for wheelchair guests or if you have trouble walking due to the many stairs - not a complaint at all, but something to take into account), beautifully decorated. Our attic room had lots of strange angles and low ceilings, but I never hit my head, so well done. The bed was super comfortable, the shower was excellent, and breakfast was very good with a small selection of times (which I prefer to huge buffets, which just means lots of food gets thrown away).
The pool area and courtyard were lovely places to relax in and enjoy a drink (or two). Afternoon tea is also a very nice touch.
One time our key card didn't work, and the receptionist told that might be because it has been close to a credit card. So to the developer of the key system I would like to say: if your keys are credit card size, you can bet your life they are going to end up in people's wallets, next to their credit cards. That shouldn't lead to demagnetizing.
We really enjoyed the neighborhood, too. The zoo and the funicular are right next door, as is a stop for the Turistik bus. Pio Nono street is full of lively bars and restaurants with sidewalk terraces. If they are a bit too grungy for your taste, three blocks down the street there is Patio Bellavista with a large selection of restaurants to suit everybody's taste.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (85)
Sydney, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2014

We spent 3 nights here with 2 rooms late January.

There were flashes of brilliance and moments of "really?"

Our Pavillion room was excellent, light, airy and plenty of space, no issues with servicing

The "Habitacion" was also a good room, but no towels on one day did make for an issue (no towels in the pool area either)

Arrival

Check In: sleek and and shown around the property. The bar was shown but we weren't told it was closed on Sundays, so after sitting in the nice courtyard for a while we were told honesty bar. If you have one night and it is sunday no comp pisco sour. No issue but hey, how hard was this to say at check in? While we waited in the garden area for the bar to open, (never did) we were treated to the occasional blip (ok frequent) of a FB notification for the computer coming through the speakers….. seriously?

Pool:
Great place to relax BUT… OMG it was cold and fellow residents had taken 6 of the lounges for 2. Not a towel to be seen nor anyone to procure a towel from. By day 3 it was all OK but the dampener had already been there. The pool had been one of the big attractions for booking the Aubrey as I wanted to chill at siesta time

Location:
Perfect for our needs to give us a bit of a sight see, a bit of downtime and easy access to restaurants

Staff Knowledge:

BIG fail. Day 1 for us was Monday and i had looked at a few options for the day. Staff said the funicular was open at 10 (to my surprise as I thought it was 1pm on Mondays) Leaving the "compound" at 9.55 we wandered locally for bit then headed to the station only to be told 1pm :(
It is right next door, seriously…

Next big fail was booking our airport transfer. I kept telling Luis that check in closed at 11.50 and he insisted that an 11.30 PU was fine. So with roadworks on the freeway and the queue for immigration taking over 30 minutes it was quite stressful to catch our homebound flight. I don't often stand my ground as 99% of the time boutique staff know their stuff. I wish I had.

I also asked about paying in Chilean Peso and was told this wasn't possible so paid $600 more than I really needed to.

IN Summary: great rooms, nice pool, but the staff need to realise that for the $$ they are charging they need to know their stuff and communicate more effectively with guests

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
TheAubreySantiago, Owner at The Aubrey Boutique Hotel, responded to this review, February 27, 2014
This is Mark from the Aubrey, I apologise for the lack of frontdesk service, which I obviously agree with you was unacceptable, not able to give clear indication of funicular times (10am to 7pm Tues-Sunday, Mondays 1pm to 7pm) stressing you with your airport drop off time and not being advised that only on sundays, is an honesty system in place in the bar. The frontdesk staff normally when asked prepare complimentary welcome pisco sours on a Sunday. Regarding payment is Usd, it is required that all international guests pay their hotel stay in Usd in order to avoid the local hotel tax of 19% (however, consumos can be paid Chilean pesos).Normally the staff are quite good but there are times when they get too comfortable and relaxed. I will speak with them to explain how their actions can affect the outcome of a guest´s stay with us and the need to be more informative. Thank you for comments and I hope, overall, it was a nice stay with us.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2014

This hotel is comfortable, modern, clean and in a perfect location to explore Santiago. The pool area is a great place to relax on a warm day and the included breakfast was delicious and plentiful. We arrived at 7:00 am and, as our room was available, we were checked in straight away at no extra charge, even though check in was not until much later. We had just arrived in Santiago after a really long flight, so we were beyond grateful for this.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Columbus, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2014

I really loved this hotel. The staff were friendly and very helpful. The hotel itself has many interesting nooks that are well worth exploring. My room was very clean and comfortable and always made up promptly. There was a nice selection of fruits, cheeses and pastries at breakfast, and the omelettes were fantastic. The pool area is very nice as it overlooks the property and has some very nice views of the surrounding neighborhood. Bellavista is very lively, with plenty of nice restaurants and bars within walking distance. My only complaint is that when I checked out, reception explained that they had accidentally charged my credit card the night before for the entire stay. When I returned home, I discovered that they had actually charged my credit card the day of my arrival (eight days earlier). Despite the issue with the charges, I would definitely stay at this hotel again!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
Kimpton
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2014

A very good hotel in the lively Bella Vista district with many local bars and restaurants within walking distance. The hotel staff were very friendly and efficient and the hotel was spotlessly clean with good size comfortable rooms. There is a Tapas bar serving very tasty tapas but you are not able to get a full meal. The only negative is that some of the rooms that overlook the street can be very noisy from the late night ( 3.00 am ) partying in the street but the rooms at the back ( 12 to 15) are quiet.

Room Tip: See review
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2014

We stayed at The Aubrey for one night as our last stop after 3 weeks in Peru snd Ecuador. Our stay was the best ending to our holiday thanks to the wonderful staff at The Aubrey. Thank you to Mark, William and Lucas and the breakfast staff for making our stay so enjoyable. The beauty of boutique hotels is that you're not just another guest. The staff made us feel like family. The hotel itself has been designed in a beautiful eclectic mix of modern, antique and vintage. The pool is stunning and the piano bar had a gorgeous atmosphere. If we return to Santiago we'll be back at The Aubrey.

Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
London, Uk
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2014

I very much enjoyed this hotel. It's in a great neighbourhood with loads of dining and drinking options. I stayed in the new bit and liked the room though I wish it had bigger windows. Can't recall any hiccups at all. Was easy to get a late check out. Feels like you are almost the only person in this 15 room hotel. I would certainly stay again.

Room Tip: The new build at the back avoids any noise from Bella Vista and is modern. The main house is more t...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled solo

Been to The Aubrey Boutique Hotel? Share your experiences!