“I am so happy when I taste a great experience.” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Peruvian, Chilean
Good for: Doing business, Entertaining clients, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Dessert, Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Santiago, Chile
“I am so happy when I taste a great experience.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2014

The food here is amazing. Peruvian cuisine at its best. I was in Santiago alone visiting friends and family but decided I needed a break and a restaurant to truly enjoy good food and life itself. I have read about this restaurant in the NY times. And it lived up to the article and much more. Having visited some of the best restaurants in the world, I understand the meticulous work that gourmet food has to offer. But this food is not about work. It's about a simple passion and understanding about food. Love it! Try it! /Erik from NYC and Stockholm

• 5 of 5 stars Food

Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Up to snuff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2014

We've tried numerous pieces of this restaurant chain, and this is one of the better ones. Not Lima, but with nothing for which to apologize. The venue is a renovated residence. There are several rooms. The downstairs room is a big, bright one. A place for locals to be seen. Upstairs there are several darker, more intimate rooms, including a spacious front balcony. We were shown up there and did not miss the scene below. The clientele was much more local than foreign. Service is friendly but correct and unobtrusive. The menu struck me as being close to that of the Lima original. The level of execution of the dishes was high. Overall, an excellent dinner in Santiago.

Visited January 2014
Swindon, UK
“You can share....”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2014

A return visit to one of Santiago's most recommended restaurants confirmed previous good impressions but also reminded us of one of the real secrets here: don't be afraid to ask to share a dish. This is a good idea with the starters, because the size of main courses may overwhelm you. Our goatling (sic) and piglet were wonderful but huge dishes, but we were still glad to have had the deep friend Ecuadorean prawns as a shared starter. The colours on the plate are a wonder of this wholesome but still sophisticated Peruvian food. The only disappointment was the papaya dessert, which did not work for us. Great wine list and superb service. But remember - you can share!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Santiago, Chile
“Incredible!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2014

This place never fails. The service is impeccable, and the food is delicious. The various types of bread they serve before the meal is great, just be sure not to fill up on it! It is not cheap, but you do get what you pay for.
I highly recommend this restaurant for a romantic evening, and even more for business meals.

• Visited December 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Hillsdale, Nj
“A Wo”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2014

A Wonderful find. My husband had the fish chowder. I'm really nor a chowder person but the broth was outstanding. My husband's osso bucco was fair. I had chicken with vegetables prepared beautifully. The couple next to us had a tasting menu. This is one of the few restaurants that ask for your special needs, I.e. No sugar, low carbs etc . The service was attentive but not overwhelming. Even thought we didn't order dessert they brought us home made chocolates that were a blend of many flavored and were delicious. Good espresso. A really pleasant dining experience. There were families, friends, business associates and couples like us.
Reservations are recommended as the restaurant is not large and their reputations is spreading. Dinner is at 8. But they also serve lunch. Pricey but worth it. Gourmet Chile is expensive but worth it.

• 4 of 5 stars Food