“Really a good option” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Astrid y Gaston

Astrid y Gaston
Antonio Bellet 201 | Providencia, Santiago, Chile (Providencia)
2-2650-9125
Good for: Romance, Doing business, Special occasions, Entertaining clients
Neighborhood: Providencia
“Really a good option”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2013 via mobile

The restaurant is really good.
The cuisine is excellent with several fish options
The starters are very good followed by a nice Pisco Sauer
The service is good and the environment is nice
Check, you will not regret

• Visited July 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

85% Recommend
Sao Paulo, SP
“I was afraid that it was as overated as the one in Lima. Gladly I was wrong”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2013

Went last year to Peru and tried Astrid and Gaston in Lima as it is rated one of the best restaurants in the world. I thought it was presuncious and overated so I was not planning to go there in Santiago. A friend of mine told me that it was a completely diferente experience and he was right. Much better place, food and service. This restaurant is definately one of the best ones in Santiago and it was a much more enjoyable atmosphere than in Lima. Do not miss!!

Visited July 2013
Rio de Janeiro, RJ
“Only name”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2013

I am sorry for the answers? Why is it food good?
My experience was terrible.
Last time I was in the private room (that means a especial dinner). The entrance are normal ones, no surprise. The food is not good. It is not a gastro experience and the price is EXORBITANT.
They don't know how to do a Risoto (was raw) and the maitre tried convince me that was a kind of Italian rice and was made like that. And was very deselegant because tried say that I do not know arborio rice. I am sorry I LOVE Risoto and I lived in Italy many years. THEY DO NOT KNOW HOW TO COCK THAT.

Visited August 2012
Simi Valley
“Food doesn't get much better than this!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2013

My title says it all. If your budget allows, you must dine at this world-class restaurant. Unlike some other reviewers, we had no problems with service. Will be back the next time we are in Santiago.

• Visited June 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Miami, Florida
“could have easily been a perfect "5", if not for the terrible service...”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2013

I went with a colleague last night and was very excited. I've been to a number of Gaston Acurio's restaurants and they are some of my favorites on the planet. We got reservations at 8:30 and were immediately seated upon arrival. I had hoped to sit in the main salon so we could see through to the kitchen, but alas, we were escorted upstairs and put in this little alcove of a room. We selected the Sampling Menu along with the wine pairing. Lindsey (see review below) did a fine job detailing the various courses, so I won't repeat them.
First appetizers arrive, but no paired wine. We waited for 7-10 minutes before finally flagging down a waiter. I don't mean to be difficult, but really, the whole point of the pairings is to have them at the same time, no? Then the second course arrived maybe ten minutes later. Again, no wine. We waited another 10 minutes (food getting cold), and they finally they bring the wine: the same one from the first course. At this point I very politely told the waiter that we preferred the win to come WITH the courses. All of this was a shame, because I can honestly say that the food itself was flawless. Spot on.
In any case the meal continued. We still hadn't received the water we asked for when we first arrived. I will say that the wine for the last 5 courses was served in conjunction with the arrival of said courses, but here's the thing: it was brought out in caraffes instead of the bottle itself. We would have liked to see what we were drinking, and honestly, I expected a little more in terms of interaction. In past experiences the staff have gone out of their way to let you know a little about the wine, why it is paired with the course, etc.
I wish I could write this off to one bad waiter, but the truth is that there were three waiters taking care of our area. The wait between the 4th and 5th course was 45 minutes and really the straw that broke the camel's back. At that point we just wanted the check.
All that said, the kitchen made NO mistakes. The food itself was incredible: creative and delicious. The sad truth is that I would go back. I just wouldn't rely on the wait staff. I'll order an appetizer and main course and a bottle of wine and eat at my own pace, not beholden to the waiters.
Truly a disappointment because this had the potential to be a wonderful experience.

• Visited June 2013