“Good location, hopeless staff and overpriced with poor facilities!” 1 of 5 stars
Review of W Santiago

You added W Santiago to your Saves list
W Santiago
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   Isidora Goyenechea 3000, Santiago 3000, Chile   |
Ranked #50 of 179 Hotels in Santiago
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Singapore, Singapore
“Good location, hopeless staff and overpriced with poor facilities!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2014

I stay at many SPG hotels for business and this hotel is by far the worst. I have never more disappointed, rubbish hotel.
1. First room was run down and no maintenance eg shower door would shut. Complained before next return and was changed to another room.
2. Asked for paper to be provided, never received a paper. The staff just smile and nod but don't know what you are saying.
3. Wrong dry cleaning dropped off
4. Couldn't access room 1020. Wasted half an hour going up and down in the lifts with several electronic key changes only to still NOT be able to get into my room - is that too much to ask?! Waited for maintenance as the door lock batteries had run flat - wouldn't you change these out as part of preventative maintenance!
4. When I access the room it was not cleaned as housekeeping couldn't access the door same as I couldn't. Rather than report it they wondered off in a daze.
5. While waiting for the room to be cleaned I went to the pool as the advertised bar is shut I took a beer only to be told this wasn't allowed despite the bar being shut and that the hotel had caused the problems in the first place.
There are many other issues such as making me wait 30 minutes to scan 8 pages, the girl just looked at me and smiled, no idea and no urgency, just wondering around in a daze.
Again, worst experience and won't stay again nor recommend it. Don't even waste your time!

• Stayed March 2014
WSantiago, Guest Relations Manager at W Santiago, responded to this review, March 31, 2014
Hello 0310rokit,

As a valuable guest to Starwood, we feel very sorry for not meeting your expectations and please accept our sincere apologies for these unpleasant moments.

Please be sure that these points you have mentioned have been shared with all W Santiago Managerial Team, who are working on corrective actions in order to avoid these situations from happening again.

Thank you for your comprehension and I hope to meet you personally in the near future. I have sent you a private message with my contact information.

Cordially,

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (109)
  • Turkish first
Kabul
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2014

I have been here one night of a seven night stay. I confess I was hoping for more.
Pros - great breakfast, excellent gym (although inexplicably closes at 3pm on Sunday - why?)

Cons - staff not interested, service lacklustre. Not W standard. Rather disappointing.
The place is dark. room - where to start: they are dark, very dark. I arrived from a 1am flight to a dark, dark room. I turned on every light and I felt like I was in a cave.
The room I am in is poorly designed, much wasted space and did I say dark?
I have a 70s era adjoining door - two issues - security and noise. I could hear every word and creak of the bed next door.
The beds are very basic, pillows and towels need replacing.
In room internet is $15.00 per day. Cmon - seriously?

Overall not happy so far. I understand the hip thing - but end of the day an expensive, loud , hip bar does not make a 5 star hotel.

Room Tip: Do not get an adjoining door.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Hello Kabulpickle,

Along with my greetings I would like to apologize for the inconveniences caused during your experience with. We are very sorry for the mentioned aspects in your review ( service, darkness in the room, noise of next room, internet charge & gym & spa schedule)

I have shared your comments with the team here in W Santiago and have taken immediate action so that these issues that you experienced won’t occur again in the future. Also, my apologies if our team was not able to solve your situation when your informed us about the inconveniences and did not seem interested. We will work closely to improve service culture.

I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your feedback; it will for sure help us improve the quality of our product.

We really hope to see you back here in W Santiago and if there is anything I can assist you with please let me know, I have sent you a private massage with my information.

Warmest Wishes,
Monaco-Ville, Monaco
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2014

Great place, we stay at W every time we go to Santiago. It is busy, young a fun place even though I am over 60. Food is brilliant, service 100%, staff friendly and great to talk with. The restaurant Osaka is a most ask the chef mr Watanabe to decide what you should eat.
Breakfast is yummy.
In fact everything is on top.

Room Tip: On Friday night there is a disco so part of 5th floor is a little noisy
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
WSantiago, Guest Relations Manager at W Santiago, responded to this review, March 26, 2014
Hello Birgitta v ,

Greetings from W Santiago!

Thank you for sharing your comments of W Santiago.

We are really happy to know you enjoyed your time in our hotel and its ambience, as well as the restaurant Osaka.

Thank you for recognizing our friendly staff and Ciro Watanabe.

We hope to see you soon

Candiac, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2014

The W Santiago is perfection : well situated, modern chic decor, spacious rooms
There is a lot of good restaurant on the same street
Also you can take the City tour double deck bus in front of the hotel after buying the ticket at the concierge desk

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
WSantiago, Guest Relations Manager at W Santiago, responded to this review, March 19, 2014
Hello Nathalie F,

Thank you for writing your comments of W Santiago!

We are very happy to know that we met your expectations and that our location, decor, ambience and services we offer were of your liking.

We hope to see you soon again for another W Santiago experience.

London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2014

The W Santiago is a good place to stay and a fair compromise between business and cool/chic. It is well located n Las Condes, The rooms are quiet and comfortable, the pool has stunning cityscape views from the roof top. BUt it is far too dark, the rooms have inadequate lighting so too the public areas. The staff are fantastic and very focussed on making your stay enjoyable. Osaka restaurant is fantastic quality. The lift system is very confusing!.I do get cross when hotels at $200 per night want to charge for internet access. It is a standard necessity these days.

Room Tip: The higher the better
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
WSantiago, Guest Relations Manager at W Santiago, responded to this review, March 12, 2014
Hello Londontraveller1971 ,

Thank you for sharing in Tripadvisor your comments of your previous stay in W Santiago.

We are very glad to know that you enjoyed your time in our hotel and services it offers as mentioned in your review (rooms comfort, Osaka, Pool Deck and Hotel location)

We also thank you for acknowledging our Talents (Staff) for their service oriented actions.

We have shared your comments with the rest of the W Santiago Team in order to improve in the lighting system of public areas and rooms. We apologize if the lift system is confusing and we hope it did not cause you any inconveniences.

Illinois
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2014

This was not my first stay at a W hotel, so I knew what this stay was going to be like.
I like W hotels, because they are modern, clean and have a lively vibe. However I don't love staying at a W hotel if I need to get sleep.

My room was on the 5th floor and faced the park across the street, which was nice. The 5th floor rooms on this side of the hotel offer a nice patio with shrubbery for some privacy.
The patio concept is great, but it is very unsecure, because there is large "public guest" patio adjacent to your patio. Meaning guests can literally walk onto your patio.
It also means people party on those patios and that can get loud.

The hotel also seemed pretty worn and beat up with a lot of scuffed walls, torn seats and dirty table surfaces. The W quality just wasn't really there in my opinion.

The pool area is tiny, and they do not serve drinks up there, as they lost their license to do that. It is an amazing view from the pool area, so I wish there were more seats to enjoy it!

The gym and spa were pretty nice. They have a lot of equipment in the gym, but a heads up that the gym is actually a public gym, so it can get pretty busy. The women's spa area was under construction and no one really informed us of that, so it was odd.

The area around the hotel is pretty nice, it's the financial district and it felt really safe.

Overall the hotel was clean, safe and a nice option. I just wouldn't recommend it if you are looking to get good sleep every night.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
WSantiago, Guest Relations Manager at W Santiago, responded to this review, March 18, 2014
Hello Cathy G ,

As a valuable guest to Starwood, we feel very sorry for not meeting your expectations and please accept our sincere apologies.
Please be sure that these comments have been shared with the Management team of W Santiago in order to improve the aspects you have mentioned.

W Hotels offer an upbeat and vibrant atmosphere, and is often a location known throughout the city for socializing and energetic entertainment. The music and scene in a W is more alive and active than your normal hotel.

We apologize if the 5th floor area " Patio" seems insecure, we are a secure hotel but we are sorry if we gave a wrong impression, we will look into this situation.

Concerning the Wet Deck ( Pool Area) we do not serve Alcoholic Beverage but we invite you next time to try our amazing cocktails at our W Lounge & Whiskey Blue.

O2 Fitness Center is managed by a third party, it is not a public gym but any person can become member. Due for its consideration of one of the best gyms in Santiago it may get busy at peak hours.

Concerning the SPA we truly apologize for not informing you about the maintenance work, we will improve the communication with our clients and guest.

We would lastly like to inform you that we are renovating areas of our hotel in order to improve in its maintenance and quality.

We thank you for your feedback, it will surely help us to improve.

Warmest Wishes ,
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2014

The W Santiago is a loud, buzzing, trendy, happening experience of a hotel. In most cities you have to leave to find the places where the young professionals with money hang out, in Santiago they come to the ''clubby' bars and restaurants of the W. After the faded charm of Buenos Airies, the W exuded the recent economic success of Chile's mining industry. It is loud and showy, and the staff were slightly off-hand as people working in 'trendy' places often are. So it won't be to everyone's taste, but we loved it.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Hello Spinoccio,

Greetings from W Santiago!

Thank you for sharing your experience of our hotel.

We are very happy to know that you love the W Hotel Brand and that we were up to you expectations.

We thank you for your feedback.

We hope to have you soon for another W Santiago experience.

Warmest Wishes

Been to W Santiago? Share your experiences!