This was my second stay and I was looking forward to return here, as its probably one of the better hotels I get to stay in for work. As an SPG Gold you get options for free wifi or extra points.
Location is perfect for the finance district. There are lots of good and varied restaurants on the main road and the mall for shopping is easy to walk to. The centre is not that close, but a short taxi ride as is the restos/bar/shopping area of Bella Vista.
Great things W hotel does:
- Pillows, comfortable huge beds;
- Luxurious soft furnishings;
- Use of the O2 gym downstairs
- Spacious rooms (WONDERFUL ROOM)
-Takeaway breakfast option
-Great restaurants - Osaka & NoSo
-Whatever whenever service - including fixing my shoe in an emergency!
-huge showers with nice smelling toiletries
-nightly chocolate Alfajora
- Oh and did I mention the spa. The massages are great value and amazing.
Things to grumble (slightly) about. They will not ruin a stay, but are just a little exasperating:
- Aloofness of some staff, particularly at breakfast. If you're there for more than a week I expect some recognition and a few smiles;
- Inability of breakfast staff to make a proper cup of tea. You do not pour milk and hot water in a cup then give me the teabag. Please educate all the staff on how to make a proper cup of English tea. Otherwise I will do it myself.
- This is a point I made in my last review of the hotel. There is not enough of a healthy choice selection for breakfast cereals. All the cereals are overladen with sugar. The one semi-healthy option constantly ran out. I expect for this class of hotel a choice of healthy options, gluten free to cater for international tastes, not just the sweeter tastebuds of the region.
- Not serving breakfast before 6.30. I had 2 early flights during my stay and had to leave at 6am yet no ability to grab something quick unless I chose room service & paid extra. Given the number of early international and national departure, I think the hotel could do a little better.
Minor grumbles aside, the W exudes a cool vibe and for a few days this rubs off on you, making you feel more like a international jetsetter than a weary business person in another city and another hotel. Kudos.
- Also Known As:
- w Santiago Hotel Santiago
- w Santiago Hotel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- W Santiago reinvents the style and sophistication, becoming an icon for fashion and tendency in the city. Enjoy the WET(R) (swimming pool) with panoramic view of Santiago. Embrace yourself with the exuberating unique colors and flavors that our restaurants and bars offer. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Tingo, Hotels.com, HotelTravel.com, TripOnline SA, Otel, Priceline, getaroom.com, Expedia, Venere and Agoda so you can book your W Santiago reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.