“Very expensive, with pushy waiters.” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Puerto Marisko

Puerto Marisko
Isidora Goyenechea 2918 | Las Condes, Santiago, Chile (Las Condes)
(56-2) 2332096
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #964 of 3,226 Restaurants in Santiago
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Neighborhood: Las Condes
Ireland
“Very expensive, with pushy waiters.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2011

I went here last night with a group of 3 people. The restaurant looks really sweet and charming and there's a nice atmosphere. (The waiters wearing captains uniforms is perhaps a bit much). The food was quite good, but nothing amazing. I had the sole with saffron sauce and it was fresh, but very rich and not very flavourful.

The biggest issue I have with this restaurant are the sneaky waiters. Due to our Spanish being quite bad, they kind of bamboozled us into this really expensive starter - $100. We thought we were ordering one thing, but then this crazy tourist-y dish with king crab and all the bells and whistles came out.

They were really pushy in general, trying to make suggestions of the most expensive dishes on the menu, etc. When we didn't want to have a dessert and ordered the bill, the same waiter actually came after 5 minutes going... uh... are you sure you don't want a dessert? Seriously!

They even have this guy going from table to table playing the guitar and then asking for money. In my opinion, if you're in an expensive restaurant, the restaurant should pay for the entertainment instead of having the customers pay for it.

Overall, we were disappointed, because it's difficult to relax and enjoy yourself when there was a constant stream of waiters harassing you.

The overall bill came to 270 USD without tip for 4 people. We ordered: 1 big starter to share, 4 mains, 4 piscos, 2 side dishes and 1 bottle of wine.

The food was only OK and does not justify that price tag, in Santiago there are way better restaurants for a fraction of the cost.

• Visited August 2011
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

brazil
“what a nightmare!!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2010

the most horrible restaurant I had eaten in all my life... they are efficient to make a grilled shrimp that is impossible to eat,,,, and the rice was served ina cup of tea, and totally burned.... i will forget this night ,,,, it would be better if we had gone to tgi fridays....

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Arizona
“Looks can be deceiving”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2009

Isodora Goyenechea 2918 Santiago Chile
The restaurant is one of many in a row on this very upscale part of Santiago, and the outside appearance as we walked along one April evening looked inviting - seafood, Chile - synonymous! The Puerto Marisko exterior was made to look like a ship, with wait staff dressed like ships officers. It looked sharp and there were some patrons on the outside patio area. We had high expectations which were about to be completely and sickeningly dashed. After being seated at a window table along the street side a seemingly pleasant looking young waiter came to our table with the menus. He explained some of the nights offerings to my wife, who speaks spanish fluently. My wife wanted crab legs - and I a filet of fish with the usual accompaniment of steamed vegetables with a seafood sauce. I noted that the already present appetizer plates were soiled and asked that they be replaced. New plates appeared and that was better. Why was the table was presented with wet and solied plates? The waiter returned to hover over us, now coughing and wiping his nose. I thought that was sort of odd. We had ordered two beers which appeared reasonably soon, and then the waiter disappeared. After about 25 minutes or so my wife asked another waiter what happened to our waiter and was told that our waiter "was hurt in a soccer match last night and had to leave". A few minutes later my wifes "crab legs" appeared - except they were'nt crab legs. At first we thought that this was some sort of appetizer - a small circle (4 inches) of what may have been shredded red crab (perhaps?!) material on shredded lettuce with mayonnaise on top. Oh, and it was cold. Really cold, like thawed cold. There was no evidence of crab shell. We inquired as to what this was of our replacement waiter and he couldn't explain what it was to my wife. My wife indicated that this should be a hot dish, and the waiter took it away. My fish was OK- the sauce was a bit fishy - different. The "crab" reappeared and the waiter said that he put it in the microwave. My wife bravely tried to taste it, but ithe dish was now watery and the mayonnaise had polymerized. We decided that this was enough and asked for our check. The table was cleared and we were finishing our beer when a very large cockroach ran across the table and began to feast. I immediately called the waiter and pointed at the roach. He asked me if we wanted to change our table!!! We had both stood up in shock at this point and I asked for the manager. The waiter asked us to please sit in the waiting area at the entrance. The "manager" came out after a few minutes - with a solied shirt. I made my complaint now including the microwaved mayonnaise with the roach. He said he was "very sorry".

That was all. No offer to compensate - not a free drink - nothing.

The best thing in our experience concerning Puerto Marisko was neither of us became ill. I am glad that we can forewarn others!

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Jackson Hole
“Great Seafood and Fish, Be Sure To Order Dessert!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2009

Puerto Marisko, Isidora Goyenechea 2918, Providencia. Great seafood and fish menu. Reasonably priced. Moderately priced. Marcello was our waiter and he was a hit both in personality and his amamzing artisty painting each dessert plate at the table—and I don’t mean minor painting—things like detailed birds. Kept four teenagers pretty interested and excited plus the desserts off the cart were great.

Hevelee
“Poor quality, expensive”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2009

Food was below average and very expensive. Tip was auto calculated and much higher than the going rate. Wines are about 30% more expensive than in the other restaurants around. Try Don Carlos across the street. Perfect food, good service, and a very good quality- price ratio.