“Interesting” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Paseos en Bicicleta - Day Tours

Paseos en Bicicleta - Day Tours
Santiago, Chile (Las Condes)
+56 2 2761 8339
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #4 of 150 Activities in Santiago
More attraction details
Owner description: Pedal your passion and challenge yourself along the magical roads of the wine valleys of Chile. Or marvel on exhilarating climbs through the Andes, building up your cycling stamina on thigh burning climbs. We have searched the country over and have built many opportunities for delivering unforgettable biking experiences full of contrasts and captivating beauty and with great flexibility. Bike with us, ride your passion, and enjoy a cycling vacation of a lifetime!
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Brasilia
“Interesting”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2013

I loved to know Santiago's historic neighborhood by bike. Andres knows everything about the city. Not only about the city itself, but also about the Chilean culture, politics, architecture. It was a great pleasure. I do recommend!

Visited September 2012

Sydney, Australia
5 attraction reviews
“Santiago cycle tour”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2013

What a brilliant way to experience a city, and with Santiago being so flat, its an easy way too. Our guide was fantastic, a local and a teacher who had so much knowledge and that made a big difference. And then the lunch from the hilltop, little bit of a climb to ride to the top, but the views are fantastico and the food served was all local, and all amazing. Well worth the effort and the price, highly recommend.

Visited January 2013
Canberra, Australia
4 attraction reviews
“LOVE LOVE LOVE!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2013

I had the pleasure of spending the one and only day I had in Santiago with Andres and his wife Ines and feel so very fortunate that I had the good fortune to book my tour with them! I had a 24 hour transit stop in Santiago on my way back home to Australia from a work trip in Brazil. Given my shortness of time I wanted to pack in as much as I could. From the very first email i sent Andres, I knew that I wanted to book my tour with them. Based on my interests, Andres planned a day long tour that packed in soooo much! It was a personal tour devised just for me!

Andres picked me up from my hotel at 9.30am (a tough get up for me given that I had got to the hotel at 2am that morning!) and arranged for a taxi to collect me at 9pm at the conclusion of the tour so I could return to the hotel and quickly get changed before heading straight to the airport for my flight home. So yes - I spent almost 12 hours touring Santiago on my bike with Andres and I LOVED every minute! I could have kept riding had time allowed! :)

Andres and his wife are very special people - the kind you don't often have the pleasure of meeting. They are full of life, super friendly and fabulous company (oh and they know lots of interesting facts about their hometown!). I found our discussions about the Pinochet regime and the changes that have occurred in Chile in recent years particularly interesting.

Anyway - the tour... The bike I had was great - adjusted based on my height (which I had sent through by email before I arrived) and was comfortable and obviously a high quality bike. I haven't had a lot of experience in recent years riding a bike (at the time I didn't even own my own bike - but following my bike tour I now do thanks to Santa!) - but I found the pace of the tour to be fine and I always felt safe. We climbed Mt Cristobel - which was challenging towards the end but I was determined not to stop and get off my bike!! There is an option to have the van take you up the mountain if required but if you can I recommend trying to ride it!

I loved that we travelled the path less travelled by tourists. Andres is a wealth of information and pointed out interesting details as we cycled through different neighbourhoods. Ines (his wife) met us at key points during the day - she is equally good company. We had a great time walking through the local markets - this lady knows her food!

I loved that throughout the day we tasted different foods and drinks from street vendors and ate our lunch at the market. Andres also had little treats packed in his bike pack - gorgeous iced tea at one of our stops and Mote con Huesillo (a fabulous Chilean drink) that we enjoyed at the top of our mountain climb! They lovingly thought through every detail (telling me that they had been out taste testing some new seafood restaurants before my arrival to check where they would take me). It is this thoughtfulness and care that really sets this tour apart from any I have ever been on before. I really felt as though I was hanging out with old family friends rather than two people I had only met that day. I actually felt sad when it was time to say goodbye - like I was farewelling friends!

Highlights of the day: so so many! I loved seeing all the different parks throughout the city, I loved the challenge of riding up the mountain (and the super speed that we flew back down it!!), I loved the stories that were told, i loved our lunch in the market, I loved the MAGNIFICENT picnic dinner that Ines prepared and met us with following our mountain ride and I loved the opportunity to spend a day with two people who have such an amazing zest for life - it was Andres & Ines that made my time in Santiago so wonderful. THANK YOU!

I cannot recommend them highly enough & hope one day to return to Santiago with my family!

Visited December 2012
Minneapolis, Minnesota, United States
“Learn about Santiago by bicycle”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012

This excursion far exceeded our expectations. There really isn't an adequate way to describe the hospitality we received from the owners of the tour company and the guides that led us through the streets of Santiago. The communication leading up to the date of our tour was extraordinary. When we arrived at the designated meeting place they were there to greet us and prepare us for the journey. The route was well planned and highlighted areas of Santiago that the guidebooks tend to miss. We traveled at a good pace from location to location, stopping often to learn about historical spots in the city. We also traveled to some of the funner, off the beaten path sort of neighborhoods that I know I would probably never seen had we not learned of them on this adventure. The travel was by bike lanes and sidewalks, only occasionally needing to venture onto the streets for very short periods. It was very safe. The guides were fun and informative. The final climb to the top of the mountain overlooking Santiago was only a bit challenging, but there was always the option to take a ride in the van. We enjoyed a light gourmet dinner with local wine and a lovely selection of Chilian meats, cheeses, and soups. We enjoyed laughter with our biking companions while watching the sun set and the lights of Santiago brighten the valley.

With out a doubt, there is always more to be gained from a small operation like this run by owners with a passion for hospitality. We always enjoy finding the operation that is off the beaten path, small, and personal. We always strive to skip the big companies and their canned tours and enjoy what the locals have to offer. This excursion did not disappoint. It was a true highlight of our first time in Santiago and I know we will always enjoy talking about this adventure when telling our friends about our time in South America.

Without reservation: Highly recommended.

Visited November 2012
apopka
3 attraction reviews
“History, architechture, culture, and even cycling, in Old Santiago.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012

If you want to learn about the past present and future of Chile, this is a must do.
Through our tour guide, Andres, you get an understanding of the essence this magnificent city and its' people.
Andres is a non stop wealth of knowledge.
As an architect and bike enthusiast, he safely guides you at a comfortable pace through the heart of the old city and contrasts it with the new and modern Santiago.
After a brief orientation and tasty lunch at Café Literario Parque Bustamante, we started our journey.
Let me tell you the city, the miles, and time just flew by. (note to self: take a camera)
We even stopped for a "Cafe Cortado" in Plaza Brazil.
What a wonderful way to spend an afternoon!
On my next visit in January 2013, I'll definitely ride with them again.

Visited November 2012