“2nd time a charm!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Travesia Azul Restaurante

Travesia Azul Restaurante
Este Restaurant Esta Cerrado! | Este Restaurant Esta Cerrado!, Puerto Varas ¡ESTE RESTAURANT ESTA CERRADO!, Chile
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #11 of 71 restaurants in Puerto Varas
Cuisines: International
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Description: We mention that the restaurant is only open in the evenings from 18:30 hrs. You could make the reservations to cel. phone that you can find in the page.In addition, open from Monday to Saturday. Sundays will be CLOSED.
Zurich, Switzerland
“2nd time a charm!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2013

Hours after writing my initial "poor" review, I was contacted by the restaurant owner, who was in the hospital recovering from a surgery. In somewhat of a comedy of errors, the head waiter, head chef, and owner were all absent the same night of our dining experience. She was profusely apologetic to me, admitting to a "black evening", and insisted we try her restaurant again. Second try; salmon starter was fantastic, fish mains for both me and my wife again fantastic, and the service was also fantastic. Now I see how this restaurant got so many great reviews. I highly recommend visitors to Puerto Varas to visit Travesia Azul and enjoy a very pleasant and delicious dining experience.

• Visited December 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
TravesiAzul, Owner at Travesia Azul Restaurante, responded to this review, February 22, 2013
Good afternoon.

I thank your comments on TripAdvisor.

Thank you very much! To us it is very important. Besides knowing you have enjoyed our food.

We are new to them, I mean everything from a restaurant. And little by little we will improve in everything we needed.

If they return to Puerto Varas, feel free to visit us.

Best regards,
Judith Chaperon

88% Recommend
“Delicious, Feel Like Home.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2012 via mobile

The food in the restaurant is delicious. My family and I went for dinner and we returned to our hotel feeling like we were in Mexico (we are from Mexico). We ate the best seafood in Chile. Highly recomended. The decoration is so fun and it feels like home.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Santiago, Chile
“Excellent seafood”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2012

This smallish restaurant has original decoration and unpretentiously furnished. The reception is very cordial. The fish I had was prepared to perfection. If there were such a restaurant near where I live, I'd go regularly. That is to say: recommended.

• Visited November 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
“Feels like home.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2012 via mobile

The best place in Puerto Varas for seafood. Cozy place and great service. MUST GO if you're nearby. Churros con chocolate blanco is the best dessert ever.

Zurich, Switzerland
“Disappointment. Poor value for money.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2012

After reading the great reviews we decided to splurge on one nice meal while in Puerto Varas. We were really disappointed. Things started out okay, a relatively quiet restaurant meant that we had good service and our drinks and then starters were served promptly. The salmon mango tartar as well as the shrimp scallop soup were both excellent, and went well with our pisco sours. However our mains were both a big disappointment. I had the king crab casserole which was a big bowl of mush, might as well have been baby food. I also had to send it back when it arrived since the inside was cold. My wife had the salmon filet with crab sauce which was edible but overcooked. The service also severely deteriorated as the restaurant filled up and we sat with no drinks for about 20 minutes. When I told the waitress I did not like my food she said sorry but no attempt was made to correct, ask if I wanted something else, or give any discount. Overall this was a big disappointment considering the very high price point of this restaurant. How sad since the other reviews really had us looking forward to this place. I should have been more firm about expressing my disappointment but the language barrier is hard to work with sometimes. I hope that my experience is an isolated incident but I would not recommend this restaurant to a friend. It does have a good location right in the town center and is a very cozy setting with only room to seat about 20 people.

• Visited December 2012