“Disappointment. Poor value for money.” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Travesia Azul Restaurante - CLOSED

Travesia Azul Restaurante
San Juan 431- C / Frente a la Plaza | Este Restaurant Esta Cerrado!, Puerto Varas 5550000, Chile
Website
Improve this listing
Cuisines: International
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: We mention that the restaurant is only open in the evenings from 18:30 hrs. You could make the reservations to cel. phone that you can find in the page.In addition, open from Monday to Saturday. Sundays will be CLOSED.
Zurich, Switzerland
“Disappointment. Poor value for money.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2012

After reading the great reviews we decided to splurge on one nice meal while in Puerto Varas. We were really disappointed. Things started out okay, a relatively quiet restaurant meant that we had good service and our drinks and then starters were served promptly. The salmon mango tartar as well as the shrimp scallop soup were both excellent, and went well with our pisco sours. However our mains were both a big disappointment. I had the king crab casserole which was a big bowl of mush, might as well have been baby food. I also had to send it back when it arrived since the inside was cold. My wife had the salmon filet with crab sauce which was edible but overcooked. The service also severely deteriorated as the restaurant filled up and we sat with no drinks for about 20 minutes. When I told the waitress I did not like my food she said sorry but no attempt was made to correct, ask if I wanted something else, or give any discount. Overall this was a big disappointment considering the very high price point of this restaurant. How sad since the other reviews really had us looking forward to this place. I should have been more firm about expressing my disappointment but the language barrier is hard to work with sometimes. I hope that my experience is an isolated incident but I would not recommend this restaurant to a friend. It does have a good location right in the town center and is a very cozy setting with only room to seat about 20 people.

• 3 of 5 stars Food

Charlottesville
“Excellent seafood in an intimate setting”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

Only nine tables tucked in a corner off the main square but a world of tastes. The pisco sour was made from scratch and was among the best this veteran of Chilean bars has ever sampled. We had ostras y camiones a pil pil for an appetizer--excellent cooked just to the point of succulent perfection and not a bit into tough territory. For the main course, one of us had chupe de camarones, a marvel of flavor and depth. I had the congrio with a sauce of fine herbes and a plate of roasted asparagus with bits of bacon. The flavors were excellent, the texture perfect and the result a song for the senses. I also enjoyed the whimsical mural of Puerto Varas which adorned the wall, complete with Elvis and Queen Elizabeth. As we left, stumbling our Spanish praises, the cooks sang out 'Don't worry we all speak English. And German and Portuguese and several other languages as well!'

Leamington Spa, United Kingdom
“Intimate and great food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2012

My wife and I had some amazing seafood here. We ordered the mixed seafood platter (salmon, king prawns, scallops and king crab) with some extra calamari. Presentation was good, taste magnificent and service excellent.

Would def go there again!

Reykjavik, Iceland
“Just the best!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2012

Just the best. Had salmon for dinner and how good was that. After dinning at another place the day after I went back two days later toTravesia Azul to compare a dish of fish I had tried at this so to be “the best fish restaurant in PV” guess what Travesia Azul is the best…
Regards, Stefan

• Visited November 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Nice and cosy atmosphere, delicious food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2012

Very nice place which we can highly recommend to anyone who appreciates good and fresh sea food with a little extra. The food is nicely arranged and yummy, the portions are big, the atmosphere is cosy and the service is excellent (by the owner herself). Thanks for a nice evening!