This is an espectacular 5 star hotel. Reasons:
1) Hotel Building: it was renovated after it was bought by Dreams. It has a spacious lobby, a Buffet and A la Cart restaurant facing lake Llanquihue, a Casino with two bars that are open during the night, a full Spa with a beautiful pool with a glass roof, so you can swim while watching the sky. It also has a Gym, a Business Center, and Complimentary Parking.
2) The rooms: they are clean and modernly decorated, spacious and functional. They have a mini bar with (almost) fair prices, a big bathroom with a hot tub and a shower, and a separate W.C. They have lots of space to put your clothes, and in room digital safe, a big LCD, a very very comfortable bed with a nice pillow selection and, of course, a view that deserves its own number. Add to all of this Free In-room Wi-fi.
3) The view: most of the rooms have frontal views of Lake Llanquihue and a balcony. I will upload a photo so you can see by yourselves. At time of booking, ask for a frontal lake view and they will reserve a room with those characteristics (even in the inexpensive rooms).
4) The amenities : they give you bathrobes, sleepers, extra towels, good daily bathroom amenities. At night, they prepare your room to sleep and put chocolates under your pillow.
5) The Staff: everybody is very friendly and wants to help you. We asked for a late check out and they gave it to us with no extra charge. The room service staff works quickly and cordially.
6) The Buffet Breakfast: is delicious and, no matter if your are chilean or an international traveller, it has everything that you could want for breakfast.
7) Location: is in the middle of the town, near the good restaurants and in front of the Lake.
The only low side of this hotel is that if you are trying to have a "chilean south" experience, the hotel architectural brings you back to civilization, but this can be amend with a visit to Todo los Santos Lake and a one night stay in Peulla.
Tips for booking: ask a frontal view room, ask a room that is not in the third floor (because is the floor where the spa is located and a lot of guest come and go during the day), call to the hotel to see if they have a weekend promotion, because one month before your stay they will probably have better prices. As an example, we stayed two nights paying 60.000 CLP (120 USD) per night and they gave us a 10.000 CLP (20 USD) voucher to use in the casino as a gift. All of this, because we called the hotel, because the internet rate was 73.000 CLP.
This review is the subjective opinion of a TripAdvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.