“Dont miss the papa diabla!!!!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 76 Restaurants in Puerto Varas
Cuisines: Barbecue, Chilean
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Santiago, Chile
“Dont miss the papa diabla!!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2014

Meat was great I ordered a bife chorizo and it was soft as butter; however what I enjoyed the most were the devil potatoes (papa diabla). They are a little bit spicy but the taste was awesome!!!

“Best steaks of South America ?”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2014

This was really one of the best steaks which I ever had in South America. Perfectly prepared on the asado. I had the lomo vetado.

Rio de Janeiro, RJ
“Awesome!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2014

We entered the restaurant without knowing its reputation because it was close to our hotel therefore an easy choice for us and we were lucky to get the last table available. It was destiny. The best meat I have ever eaten, really! Unforgettable! Everything we tried was superb. I’ve been there in 2010 and now four years later I still miss it.

• Visited September 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Best steak (ever?)”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2014

La Marca is located in central Puerto Varas, next door to a butcher's which provided a good first impression for a restaurant apparently renowned for good meat. This is a cosy "parilla" (grill) style restaurant with open kitchen/grill area. I usually always choose a fillet steak but was recommended the local "paleta" (shoulder) cut which is definitely one of the most tender, tasty, perfectly cooked steaks I've ever had - which is saying something given I have travelled extensively in Argentina! The side dish of dauphinoise potatoes with merken (local spice) was also out of this world and I LOVE dauphinoise. Despite being full we managed to share a pudding which we couldn't resist - churros with manjar (doughnuts with caramel sauce!) - and which didn't disappoint.

This is the best meat we've eaten in Chile so far and possibly one of the best steak restaurants we've ever been to.

Visited May 2014
Chicago, Illinois
“Great!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2014

Had an awesome meal here on our last day in Puerto Varas. My husband had the steak with chorizo recommended by our server. I had trout stuffed with King Crab. So fresh and delicious. Tres Leches cake for dessert topped it off. Staff was very friendly, made great recommendations, and spoke English well enough for us Americano's to understand and appreciate!

• Visited April 2014