“honest, knowledgeable guys!” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #8 of 33 Activities in Pucon
Type: Tours, Adventure
More attraction details
Owner description: Established in Pucon Chile since 1999 and opened every single day of the year, Aguaventura is a French-run enterprise boosted by its famous trilingual trainees team (english/french/spanish). It offers :- everything that is possible to do in Pucon and in its area, according to the season about thirty activities in average, from traditional tourism to adventure tourism. (Ascent of the different volcanoes of the area, Rafting, Hydrospeed, Ducky, River Kayak, River Trekking, Canyonin, Canopy, Tree Adventure, Bungee Jumping, Swing Jumping (Puenting), SkyDiving, Paragliding, Tour Plane, Helicopter, MotoCross 230cc, Jeep Tour, Quad/ATV, Mountain Bike, Horseback Riding, Husky Sled Dog, Bird Watching, Fly Fishing, River Snorkeling, Hot springs, Tour of the Area, Volcanic caves, Hiking & Trekkings.)- Travel agency and Tour Operator services :Car renting, cruses, tours, personalized and thematical trips.- every kind of equipment you could need : To rent, material for camping, trekking, mountain, ski freeride/freestyle & cross-country ski, , snowboard & splitboard, water & whitewater, GoPro camera For sale, the brands Julbo, Rossignol, Burton, Dakine, GoProRepresentative in Chile as importer, distributor and seller of various brands : Simond, , APO, Fizan, Black Crows, Rhino, Cairn, Gecko, Technique Extrême, NST, Kunzmann
New York City, New York
“honest, knowledgeable guys!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2013 via mobile

I have yet to do actually anything with this agency yet, but I find them very trustworthy. I am in Pucon in a terrible season, where the rain has basically ruined my opportunities to do a lot of things, but they haven't tried to sell me aggressively on things I might not want. They will simply tell you ski conditions are bad, for example. I have bounced a lot of ideas off them, and they've been patient in providing advice and making suggestions, and following up. Unfortunately, what I want to do has so far been rained out. Aguaventuras came recommended by my hotel and Lonely Planet, and I think both were right to recommend them.

Visited July 2013

Saint Paul, Minnesota
“Aquaventrura - PUCON”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2013

Attempted to reach the summit of Villarica Volcano in March 2013 this this agency.
Inclement weather prevented the completion of the trek by 500 m.
However, the professional and safety-first objectives of the guide staff were amazing.
Would not trust any other outfit - as the climb up can be a bit daunting for those with lttle climbing experience. You defnintely want to be in good hands.

Brasília, Distrito Federal, Brazil
“Steal of backpack”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2013

The trip would be perfect if it was not a robbery that happened to me while I left my backpack in tourism agency. They took US$ 200.00 and my Ipod nano.
Initially I thought I had dropped into the van excursion pachamamabybus because i thought i had lost only the mp3 player. Then I discovered that my emergency money had also vanished. The only time my moneybelt and my mp3 player stood together, away from me, during the whole trip was on the expedition to the volcano.
The tour was good, but one of the team took advantage of the excursion would leave the next day to ride and took goods that you do not usually get checking every hour.
No distrust this place because the ride was not cheap and alerts thefts were more to shifts in the cities or in hostels. I was there thrusday 19/03.
Caution to lock things never hurts!

5 attraction reviews
“Incredible guide agency”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2013 via mobile

We climbed the volcano near the end of march and the entire experience was amazing. We liked the company so much we are going back to the geometricas with them.

I am astounded by the poor reviews about not understanding the difficulty. You can stand nearly anywhere in Pucon and see the very large, steep, and glacier covered volcano!

The guides did an outstanding job putting safety first, demonstrating how to use all of the equipment and demonstrating what to do in the event of a fall. If you were having technical difficulties they worked one on one (we had a 1 to 3 guide/tourist ratio) to ensure that you were comfortable in the equipment and could continue to the summit.

Zagreb, Croatia
6 attraction reviews
“Great guides, other things could be improved”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2013

Based on old Lonely Planet review, I've chosen this agency for Vulcan Villarrica climb. Had a great day!

Here are some impressions. First, reservation system through their site does not work. Make sure to send an e-mail or call. French stuff could be a bit more friendly since all Chileans are :) Whole trip was well explained (also details on the Internet site). But, I really did not need 2 liters of water and all that food, and back pack was heavy already with all that stuff we have carried.

Equipment is really old and worn out. My backpack buckles kept opening up and I was totally wet after the sliding in the snow. We were looking with envy to some other groups' equipment. Guys, you should invest a bit :)

And now about what most people complain about and that is the pace of climbing. It is true that it's mostly fitted for well experienced people (not me :), mostly man. 2 out of 3 women from my group did not make it. And some do argue that they were not allowed to proceed according to their own pace.

As I was the one of the slowest in the group, I have to say that guides have helped me amazingly with everything in order to keep going (although checking my condition). Especially Ruben and Alvaro. Thank you guys once more!

So, maybe the agency should ask people about their fitness condition and stress about possibilities and times that have to be kept (like difference of the fastest and the slowest) in order to prevent misunderstandings.