“excellent pizza!” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Delivery, Late Night
Concepcion, Chile
“excellent pizza!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

we went there because of an italian friend wanted to try this place.. and she said that to be a foreign pizza it was quite ok! ahahha if an italian says that.. well its something, so if u are looking for some nice pizza.. u won´t regret it

Visited August 2013

“Always a perfect experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2013 via mobile

I've had the opportunity to return to pizza Cala several times in the last year and pizza is always perfect. It has a big range to choose from so that's good to make sure that when you order it's what you feel like having!
Completely recomend it and staff are also very welcoming.

Visited April 2013
Christchurch, New Zealand
“Amazing. Last review is not a reflection of our visit”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2013 via mobile

I see no trip advisor reviews since nov 2012. To be honest we were not sure about going. We went for pasta instead. Waitress apologised it would take 20mins as it was freshly made. While we were waiting we got a free garlic pizza that was amazing (price was right) and also saw 4 other tables with fantastic pizzas, none of which were soggy. Pasta was also spot on. The best service we had in Pucon.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Chillan, Chile
“Mediocre at best, greasy and limp at worst.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012

I admit, I had some pretty high expectations going into it. I have had some truly incredible pizza here in Chile, and I expected a place this well-hyped to be pretty good.

It wasn't.

I ordered the queso con cebolla, tomate y ajo (cheese with onion, tomato and garlic) and my friends ordered a vegetarian pizza and a cuatro queso. The service was good, and our food was brought to us promptly, even in a relatively full house.

My pizza was barely edible. Incredibly oily, with little to no flavor, and the little flavor that was there was not good (burnt onions are not a good thing.) The onions were blackened, and I think they must have forgotten the garlic and tomato.

I took one bite of the cuatro queso and was barely able to swallow it. The cheese was clotted and floating in oil. Incredibly disgusting.

The vegetarian was okay. The veggies were burnt, and it, too, was an oily mess.

My final point is the crust: I don't understand how it can be both overcooked, undercooked, and chewy. All I can think is that whoever was cooking wasn't family with how to use the brick oven.

Maybe their food is better with someone else working, or when they aren't so busy, but I was incredibly disappointed. This place is not the best pizza, as they call themselves.

• Visited November 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Phoenix, Arizona
“Good food; great service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

We just happened to wander into Pizza Cala because we were waiting for our kids to return from a morning bike ride. We were glad we did. We didn't think we were all that hungry so we ordered a salad and pizza thinking we would eat the salad and the kids would eat the pizza when they came ina fter the bike ride. As it turred out, we ate all of the salad and most of the pizza. Both were very good. And the service was wonderful. Our waiter was very friendly and made some good suggestions regarding beers. We enjoyed Pizza Cala.

• Visited September 2012