Though we have paid $218 for 1 night and did not expect hotel standard (since we have selected a non-refurbished chalet unit), we were still disappointed with the following:-
1) The unit has 4 beds but we were only give 2 towels and 2 blankets. There were ants partying under the towels.
2) There were so many mosquitoes.
3) There were so many cockroaches.
4) One of us even saw a big fat rat in the toilet.
5) There were unpleasant smell of urine outside my unit.
6) There were stains on the bedsheets.
7) The complimentary breakfast for TWO only was pathetic with only hardboiled eggs, stir-fried instant noodles, tasteless ham, indian curry, indian bread, watermelon, 1 type of bread & cereal, and hot drinks.
8) The mini-mart is mostly closed.
9) The best-looking area is the lobby which was also lifeless, deserted, gloomy and dark.
Honestly, I was ashamed as a Singaporean to know that such place exists to receive overseas tourists.
The only consolation is that the beach is just right outside our unit. I rather pitch a tent then to spend $218 to stay in such a place ever again.
To management: there should be at least be some minimum standard of cleanliness though the place may be rundown or pending refurbishment/renovation.
- Also Known As:
- Island Resort Singapore
- Island Hotel Singapore