“Thumbs up!” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Lunch, Reservations, Late Night
Zurich, Switzerland
“Thumbs up!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2012

This restaurant makes it to my favorite choices in Singapore! Starting from a great Italian atmosphere, extremely friendly staff, great Italian food of an authenticity I gave up to seek in Asia, this restaurant offers also an extensive wine list with top italian wines (pio cesare, santa christina etc. also more top notch wines) for extremely reasonable prices, this restaurant just offered us a great evening. And for western food in S'Pore, the food prices are really low, too. If you are a tourist looking for some real western cuisine again or like myself an expat being fed up with asian food once in a while: give this place a try!

• Visited October 2012

88% Recommend
Ubud, Indonesia
“the best italian restaurant in singapore”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2012

the best italian restaurant in singapore,when i arrived in singapore i can resist to go eat at La Fiandra, delicious food, best pizza never eat in asia like that, simple and genuine,big experience of the chef & owner Cataldo.

• Visited March 2012
Singapore, Singapore
“Hoping to get an entry next time...”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2012

My office was very near to this restaurant. Always thought to visit it for dinner on Fridays. Finally one day managed to persue friends to eat here.

We reached the restaurant around 10:20 pm on a Friday. We were not approached by the waitress and no one warned us about the time constraint there. But we did like the decor inside the restaurant. It was relaxing and calm.

By the time we all decided what to order, it was almost 10:28. Finally the waitress arrived after our beckoning and each of us told her the orders. Thats when she looked [a bit particularly] at her wrist watch and then said "Sorry, last order for food is at 10:30. The kitchen closes at 10:30. You can only order drinks now."
OMG! we were like "Oh No! can you make an exception". Ans was "No".
"Is there anything at all available that we can order?" Ans was "No".

I really felt so embarrassed. It was my request that everyone came and on top of that we had made it in time also. But no one in the restaurant even approached us in time and warned us about this.

Finally had to go find food in the nearby food court [Has a fabulous Mexican place in there] as by that time everyone was so hungry that we could not think of anyplace else to try and take risk now.

But the next time I go there, I think I will definitely try the restaurant again. But to the people reading this review, please do keep in mind the time constraints there.

• Visited October 2011
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
“Good Italian fare in a nice setting”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2012

Trattoria Lafiandra is in a very nice setting next to the Art Museum. Most of the seating is indoors, but if you're willing to forgo the aircon you can sit outside in the colonnade. The menu is fairly typical Italian trattoria fare with all the standard classics plus an extensive range of pizze and pasta dishes. It's surprising how many restaurants can't do a decent caprese salad, but the one I had here was very good. My pizza was also very good, with a crispy base and generous toppings.

We had a very pleasant meal and I think this place is certainly worth trying if you're in the market for a straightforward Italian.

• Visited August 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Melb
“Yum”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2012

Walked past it three times while exploring but didn't go in until our last day.
Wanted a big feed before 24 hours of plane food.
I saw the beef cannelloni on the menu and drooled. We tend to only get spinach and ricotta at home. Seated, sorry, no cannelloni, we are still making it. Before my tears could try the manager arrived at the table, I could have it if I waited 20 minutes. Hell yeah. I love that 20 minutes in Singapore is a long time. Every thing that hit the table was good and we even got free bruschetta because of "the wait" .

enjoy it, we did.