“A nice surprise” 3 of 5 stars

Good for: Doing business, Outdoor seating
Bologna, Italy
“A nice surprise”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2012 via mobile

I have been there in July 2011. A friend from Sinapore suggested me thi s place an I was very glad for it.
I went there only for a drink since I had it in Clarke quay. The view was fantastic and the people too
Great selection of drinks. Price little expensive but service was appropriate.I will definitely be back next time in to

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

Singapore
“Dishonest pricing left me feeling ripped off and spoilt my evening. CHECK YOUR BILL!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2012

The menu offers a Sunset Special happy hour - pints of beer at half pint prices. The waiter who took our order also told us we could get 1 for 1 on bottled beers before 8pm. We ordered one round of beers. Neither promotion was reflected in the bill. When we enquired, we were told that the promotion did not apply on a Friday. There is no mention of this restriction on the menu and the promotion on the bottles was offered to us as we were placing our order. The staff were very reluctant to give us the promotion. We overheard other groups complaining about the same thing as we left.

I cannot tolerate places which appear routinely to rip off their clientel. This appears to be one of them. Despite the good views from the roof, I will not recommend this bar and will not return.

Visited January 2012
“First-rate modern French”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2011

Our Friday lunch at the Boathouse was a great choice for Restaurant Week! The restaurant is on the third floor of a heritage building; the interior feels like a 19th century English lighthouse, with seating limited to only 40. We had a clear consomme with celeriac dumplings for the starter, a wonderfully crispy seared barramundi for the main, and caramel tart with vanilla ice cream. We understand from chef Jonathan that greens are flown in from France (a farm near Paris that supplies many good restaurants)! The chef's French training in a Michelin-starred restaurant in Montpellier was evident; from the liberal use of chopped parsley, an insistence on fresh ingredients, sauces made from scratch, and visually stunning food. All with a modern twist. Bon apetit!

• Visited October 2011
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Las Vegas, Nevada
“An upscale but comfy little French style restaurant in a small stand alone heritage (but looks NEW, however) building by the gor”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2011 via mobile

TripAdvisor - The Boat House, 3 Fullerton Rd, Singapore

- An upscale but comfy little French style restaurant in a small stand alone heritage (but looks NEW, however) building by the gorgeous, scenic Mariana Bay! The dining room is quite small, charmingly decorated; has historical photos on the walls; all in all  prividing a comfy and intimate ambience! The terrace/balcony bar has a fantastic view of the bay. Reservation is necessary for dinner.

Its menu selection is not large but looks good with Chef's Specials and Fixed menus. Price: moderately expensive; an entree runs around S$35-60; a 3-course fixed dinner is about S$80; 5-couse, S$130, etc.,  -  quite comparable to those of medium/high end restaurants in Singapore (eg., Chef Daniel's DB in Sands) or in the States.

It was our first time visiting this restaurant early Sept this year, the four of us tried the 3-course fixed dinner and were very pleased with our choice. The portions were small as expected, but its delicious, rich sauce made it satisfying and filling. Even though the dining room was full that evening, the services were excellent, attentive but not overbearing.

Because this restaurant is located in an old heritage building, there is no elevator or escalator access for the handicapped, so for customers with walking disabilty, it'd be a bit inconvenient or difficult to climb the stairs. I use 2 walking canes to get around,  but I found it worth my while climbing the stairs to enjoy my dinner and drinks at this restaurant. The staff was humorous and helpful with my climb, too.

Peterskis
Las Vegas

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Good Value”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2011

A great setting with pre dinner drinks on the roof overlooking marina bay. Food Quality was good but service was excellent. Food all arrived at once (unusual in Singapore) and not as expensive as one might expect. Going back again tonight.

• Visited January 2011