“Great restaurant!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Eight Treasures Vegetarian

Eight Treasures Vegetarian
282 South Bridge Road, Singapore, Singapore (Downtown Core)
Improve this listing
Neighborhood: Downtown Core
Bangkok, Thailand
“Great restaurant!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013

I really like vegetarian food here. You will enjoy your meal by chinese vegetarian style. Several menu to select. Good service and tasty. Eventhough you are not vegetarian, but you will like food here for sure. Impressed!

• Visited December 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

84% Recommend
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Navi Mumbai, India
“Quiet and Divine”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013

Yummmmmmm

There's really only one word to describe the food in this place. Ok, I am biased...food is close to hmmmmm...what can I say?! I am a vegetarian - actually, they say its vegan really! no dairy, no eggs for me...and I don't eat fake meat either...hence for a change, I went looking for a vegetarian restaurant. Typically, I just go to any regular restaurant and request them to fix something vegan for me.

I had a local spinach soup - it was hot and absolutely divine! I complimented it with another fried dish - fried eggplants and this wonderful rice. Must order!

the soup was very very basic...but it had this bland, bitter and sweet combination of some sort of red beans or raisins...I should have asked, as I am now writing this. sorry, didn't! the combination was excellent. and btw - when it arrives, it is extremely HOT! So please don't burn your lips or tongue. We know how it feels for quite a few hours.

And the rice with fried eggplant...I know it sounds so blase...but it wasn't. I guess it also has to do with the mood one is in. I can assure you though that this place...is QUIET! shhhhh....for introverts like me...its a good thing...I like my quiet in noise! And chinatown is quiet full of sounds! and this place is on the first floor...its not a very large place, but by selectively putting these mirrors they have made it look vast! :) I laughed when I noticed...it did make the place look quite big! I went there in the afternoon and there was hardly anyone there...so I had the place to myself...off course, there was a lot of clitter clatter ...people talking, pots being moved, etc...
anyways, back to the rice and eggplant. It was just perfect! and they had this...I don't know how to describe it...a mix of chopped greens and fried bits of something...it just made the whole thing taste really good...something that is basic, but made beautiful because of simple additions. I am a big fan btw of great ingredients and simple cooking. So, it worked for me.
I hope you do make it to this place...its a 5 stars for me!

and oops...I shd mention...its a bit on the expensive side...I paid SGD15 for the above.

Cheers

• Visited January 2013
Singapore, Singapore
“Awesome vegetarian food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2012

After living in Singapore for two years, this has become my favorite restaurant here, and there are alot of great restaurants in Singapore! The food is excellent and the ambience has a wonderful local feel to it, as it is reached by ascending a flight of stairs off Sago Lane, opposite the Buddha Tooth Relic Buddhist Temple in Chinatown. Dishes are listed on the menu using names with meat in them, but there is no meat. Try the Black Pepper Chicken - you'll swear it is chicken, and it is delicious!

• Visited March 2012
England
“Shame...”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2012

I am a life long vege so was delighted to come across this restaurant, especially among such meaty and fishy places selling stuff which made me gag. Whilst I couldn't face the pretend meat food (eg abalone, sharks fin, suckling pig, duck etc) and opted for the simpler fare (beans and rice), I do understand this is a personal choice and it is great that these are available in a place where you can be confident there isn't any meat and fish your food will be contaminated with.

Having said that my meal was okay / fine / acceptable and nothing to write home about, but did the job for 21 dollars. The restaurant doesn't sell alcohol by the way.

I was a bit perturbed however when I was given 10 dollars less in my change. I understood this after a few minutes and when I asked the waitress to come to the table, she seemed to avoid eye contact but did eventually come to the table. I said I had given her a 50 and that I had 10 less than I should have had. She immediately, without thinking about it or considering if I could be wrong, apologised and gave me my 10. Whilst I was pleased that I didn't have to have an argument with her, I thought it very suspicious and was disappointed. Disappointed in the restaurant and disappointed because I had come to understand that ripping off tourists is not a trait for Singaporeans who seem to be law abiding and honourable. Particularly annoying and ironic given that service is included.

For those two reasons, I wouldn't, with some sadness, return to this restaurant, and would recommend those that do to check their change.

• Visited October 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
“very nice veggie restaurant”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2012

The restaurant is on the side of the tooth relic temple and it's not very visible from the street. 100% vegetarian with nice staff. Each dish has normally 3 prices for small medium and big dish.
Rice with olives was very good.

• Visited October 2012