“Great menu” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hai Tien Lo

Hai Tien Lo
7 Raffles Boulevard | Pan Pacific Hotel Singapore, Singapore 039595, Singapore (Marina Bay)
+65 6826 8240
Cuisines: Chinese, Family Fare, Cantonese, Dim Sum
Good for: Large groups, Doing business
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Buffet, Reservations
Neighborhood: Marina Bay
Description: Hai Tien Lo epitomises traditional Cantonese dining with a contemporary twist. Recipes that have been tried and tested for thousands of years are available together with new interpretations of this world-renowned cuisine.Select from an extensive menu of Hai Tien Lo signatures, opt for a pre-arranged set menu to experience Chef Lai Tong Ping's signatures or try the lunch dim sum buffet for a popular classic.
Geneva, Switzerland
“Great menu”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2012

Great menu and good service. It ws well run and had a good variety on the menu and the staff understood the menu and were of great assistance answering questions

Visited December 2012

UK
“Fantastic food and unforgettable experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2012

After the transformation, Hai Ten Lo has been moved to level 3. Although losing the nice view, but the food and service is sitll excellence, especially the food, i like the noodle so much. Thank you for all the staff and chefs of Hai Tien Lo, you gave me a unforgettable time!

• Visited November 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
La Massana, Andorra
“Good food & service spoiled by it's ambience & setting.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

The food & service in this restaurant are both excellent & if all you want is a good 'Chinese' meal it's first class. However the setting on the 3rd floor, facing inward over the atrium with no outside views & a rather boring decor is disappointing. There are equally fine restaurants in much more pleasant locations in Singapore!

• Visited December 2012
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Singapore, Singapore
“A big disappointment, dining experience is not the same anymore at the new Hai Tien Lo at level 3 and not at level 37”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2012

Now that the Hai Tien Lo is located at the level 3 of the Pan Pacific hotel, dining experience is never the same anymore.

Before the renovation of the Pan Pacific hotel recently, the Hai Tien Lo was located at level 37 floor and had a breath taking view overseeing the lovely Singapore skyline. It was one of my favourite restaurants that I used to be so proud of and want to impress my overseas visitors when they visited Singapore. It was a place where the visitors can experienced the fine dining ambience and the beautiful scenery.

Now let me share with you my bad dining experience on Wednesday, 28 Nov 2012 at dinner time.

Ambience? What Ambience?

The restaurant is now located at a crappy corner on the level 3 of the hotel with “an open concept” dining experience with “NO VIEW”!!!. Ok if you insist that there is a view it will be a view overlooking the “Edge which is the coffee house / buffet dining experience restaurant “ located on the same level . And to add on to the noise level, don’t forget the noisy hotel lobby & the Atrium which is the bar area also located on the same ground floor. Noise travels upwards and that it for sure!!!

To make things worst, I could also hear the loud toasting noise from the “4 private VIP rooms” over an hour. The guests at the “VIP Rooms” were doing the Singaporean cheers “YUM SENG” non stop or “loud shouting of bottoms up” all night long! My god, if you are trying to look for a quiet dining experience with ambience, there is no way you can experienced it anymore.

Service ? What service??? Slow, Slow Slow!!!!

The service was slow and terrible. If you want to experience a “world class snail restaurant service” one should come here. I was there alone that night and only ordered 3 dishes. One Bamboo prawn soup, one XO Bean curd and a bowl of plain rice and it took me more than one hour to wait for my dishes. In your opinion is this acceptable?

I was being shown to the last table of the restaurant “hiding in a corner” that if I need to look for a waitress I had to wait for them to come. It was so difficult to get attention of them from where I was sitting. I had to keep chasing your waitress to ask them where were my food My soup came in about 20 minutes but I totally lost my appetite by the time my XO tofu and rice came after more than one hour. After taking two mouthful of rice and I had to ask them to pack my food home because I have lost my appetite after drinking so much liquid i.e. the soup and plain warm water because of the long waiting time.

When I called for the bill, your waitress finally came and apologies for the bad dining experience and gave me a 10% discount off my bill. But I am not impressed at all. She explained to me that your kitchen was overwhelmed and shorthanded because there of the VIP rooms guests and also the guests outside the dining area. If your waitress has tried to explain to me that you had a busy night and I had to wait a little while longer for my food, I would have patiently waited or perhaps gone to another restaurant instead. Otherwise, the kitchen should increase their staff for the evening to cope with the busy night.

I am totally disappointed. The dining experience at Hai Tien Lo is never the same anymore!

• Visited November 2012
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Perth, Western Australia
“Excellent Food and Service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2012

The Hai Tien Lo Restaurant has moved to the 3rd Floor. I was unsure if this was a wise move as the Hai Tien Lo previously located on the 37th Floor has spectacular views of Singapore (now enjoyed by the Pacific Club).

My wife and I enjoyed dinner at the Hai Tien Lo on the evening of our wedding anniversary and believe the decision to move the Hai Tien Lo to the 3rd Floor was the right move. Despite missing the views, the atmosphere was more relaxing and the décor, surroundings and service are 1st class and the food is still of the highest standard.

We tried their signature dishes (Trio of Treasures, Lobster in Butter Sauce, and Braised Tofu with XO Sauce). The Tofu dish was one of the best tofu dishes ever tried.

We will be making a reservation at the Hai Tien Lo whenever in Singapore.

• Visited December 2012