“Mediocre food, overpriced rip off” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Lagnaa...barefoot dining

Lagnaa...barefoot dining
6 Upper Dickson Rd, Singapore 207466, Singapore (Little India)
+65 6296 1215
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children, Romantic, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Delivery, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Little India
Singapore
“Mediocre food, overpriced rip off”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2014

This place is a rip off, even by Singapore standards. Portions are for birds, the taste is mediocre, the prices are a rip off. With a glut of Indian restaurants in the area, the only reason this place still survives is due to the gullible patrons that characterize much of Singapore. I also saw a number of westerners there, who probably are turned on by cheap gimmicks/novelty employed by the restaurant like eating bare-foot to give it return business. Bad. Do not go.

“Great way to sample a variety of delicacies”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2014

I've been to Lagnaa on previous occasions with my other half and with family, friends, and work colleagues and enjoyed it every time both upstairs (barefoot style) and downstairs (normal seating). The food is always very good and the spice level selection adds a fun twist, or a challenge if you like!

This time was the first time I was invited to the monthly tasting evening where patrons taste-test many dishes before voting for their favourites. The dishes with the most votes are added to the specials for the following month. I can honestly out of all the dishes I tried, I would eat every single one again.

Besides the food, the service is great - really warm, friendly and welcoming. They are talkative and engaging and love to tell you what you want to know about the food. There is a laidback, homely feel to the place and the staff are used to a wide range of different customers. The kitchen can adapt most dishes to suit.

The atmosphere on this night was really good. The other tasters were mostly couples too but everyone is seated together so you soon get to talk to the people around you. I'm sure it can vary but we luckily had a lovely group and had a real laugh.

All in all, I would recommend Lagnaa without hesitation, whether for the tasting club or any other time.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Review collected in partnership with this restaurant

ShantiP13, Manager at Lagnaa...barefoot dining, responded to this review, August 1, 2014
Hi James C,

Great acknowledgment of our food, service & ambience. Yes, we (or should I say, I) do talk incessantly. Sometimes too much, I am told but I sincerely appreciate your compliments - 'engaging' & 'welcoming' service.

Thank you for dining with us on several occasions times with family & friends. I'm so glad that we are able to have your continued patronage.

It looks like you thoroughly enjoyed the Monthly Tasting evening. Food Tasting night gives our guests an opportunity to be part of Lagnaa & get to know more friends. I hope we managed to achieve both objectives. Your group was certainly a lovely bunch & I hope to see all of you back @ Lagnaa .

Lovely endorsement, James! Truly appreciate it! See you soon!

Cheers
Perth, Australia
“Little India with a smile”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2014

One of the most memorable meals we had in Singapore as a family. The service was great - catering for the little ones taste buds all the way up to those that like to spice it up. Friendly and quick - we'd definitely recommend.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
ShantiP13, Manager at Lagnaa...barefoot dining, responded to this review, July 27, 2014
Hi GDFamily5

You brought smiles to our faces too! It's also so heartening to get reviews like yours to compliments our food & service.

We do have non-spicy dishes catering to kids & adults who can't do spicy & those who need a little kick (or more) can challenge themselves too! Ha! ha!

Thank you for recommending Lagnaa barefoot dining! Good day, mate!
Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
“Different but good”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2014

An unassuming but original restaurant with high quality food and service. There was a wide range of choice on the menu and the idea of choosing your level of spiciness is a good concept especially if you're up for the challenge.

Visited July 2014
ShantiP13, Manager at Lagnaa...barefoot dining, responded to this review, July 24, 2014
Hi Mine-Hutsons,

It's really heart-warming to get such a great review. ('Different but Good') Thank you for being so appreciative of our food quality, service & concept.

Since the food is cooked from Spice Level 1 (no chilli) to Level 6, you can choose the level that you fancy OR you wish to be challenged. The choice is left to you, as you rightly put.

Hope to see you with your family & friends @ Lagnaa again!
“AN exotic experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2014

Excellent waiting staff, reasonable price for a delicious spread of dishes and a wonderful unique dining experience. I'll definately return here soon!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Chairmanchao

Thank you for the string of compliments for Lagnaa...barefoot dining. We are truly appreciative of them.

Your compliments has definitely helped us to move on to another level & it's a great source of motivation.

Thank you one again!