“Always come back to Lagnaa !” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Lagnaa...barefoot dining

Lagnaa...barefoot dining
6 Upper Dickson Rd, Singapore 207466, Singapore (Rochor)
+65 6296 1215
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #84 of 7,404 Restaurants in Singapore
Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Families with children, Romance, Local cuisine, Dining on a budget
Neighborhood: Rochor
Oslo, Norway
“Always come back to Lagnaa !”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2013

I have been traveling to Singapore for three years. I did discover this restaurant because of reviews from tripadvisor. First time Lagnaa did not look anything special, and I was not sure that this would be a good choice. BUT WHAT a mistake to think so ! From the first time I did eat here, I always come back everytime I am in Singapore. I am from Norway and I have traveled many places around the world, and I can say from my bottom of my heart - this is by far the best Indian I have tried in Singapore. Also since I am a Indian food lover, this is absolutely one of my favorites top 3 in the world (from my experience in the places I have been).
What I love most is the splendid food, that always is "top notch". Some will call it "pricy" in Little India, but it is worth every penny.
My best recommendation is to have a seat at the table outside on the pavement, and just enjoy the atmosphere in the streets while eating.
K7 and Shanti is nice to talk to and they always remember you from last visit. I am in Singapore sometimes every year. Maybe you can get better food, better surroundings, better location for some, but the total picture of being in little India, eating at Lagnaa with all natural spices, the warm hospitality - can not be found in any combination !
I rate the food as 5 points, this is compared also with Mumbai - where they all say is very authentic (of course since it is in India).
The spices and flavor are absolutely "world class" at Lagnaa.....
I will soon be arriving in Singapore again, and I can´t wait to be there enjoying my next splendid meal here !
I am above average "food lover" and really want to take some cooking classes, but I have not had the time to do so yet. One day I will, and I can´t wait !
Best regards Thornado from Norway....

• Visited January 2013

“Gran'ma's Love Lagnaa”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2013

I'm proud to be a grandma and have met other ones here. The restaurant caters to everyone including families, singles and seniors. The staff are all so patient and kind, explaining the many different dishes. Most fun was one of the cooking classes. It was an excellent class, fun and very much a good value! You can be lucky enough to be on a 'tasting committee' and vote on your favorites for the next months specials. It was a blast! The panel was very young, and my age, singles and couples. Great way to meet new friends. I was there again today and must say "Wow! another great meal". The tandoori mixed grill, yogurt rice and cranberry naan accompanied with an ice cold beer! Every order is fresh made (not sitting under heat lights) and NO MSG!

“Frequent Customer Review”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2013

Having eaten at Lagnaa regularly over the past 18 months, I would like to respond to some of the negative comments. Yes, for the amount and price you can get more and cheaper at other restaurants in Little India, just look for the B or C sanitation rating. The difference is Lagnaa cooks to order with no MSG. You can go to other establishments and get a beer or bottle of wine cheaper because Lagnaa does not get the quantity discounts as larger establishments. The "Western" toilet is upstairs for those tourists who rarely travel - along with the air conditioning. As for all the "foreigners" you see in the restaurant, most of them are locals not tourists. As for the owner ( K7) Yes, he will take issue with impolite comments from a "first timer" with "attitude" - so will every other owner of a restaurant I have eaten in all over the world. There is a reason Lagnaa has a loyal following who are willing to pay "more" - BECAUSE IT'S WORTH IT !

• 5 of 5 stars Food
Shunti, Manager at Lagnaa...barefoot dining, responded to this review, March 20, 2013
Thank you for your lovely review & your support.

I believe very few people understand about our quality control measures & when we mention no msg, we stand by it.

We love having you at Lagnaa & will continue giving our best. You have been a very appreciative customer. Thank you once again.
Sydney, Australia
“Like eating at someone's home and best Indian ever”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2013

The ratings are well deserved. Just a few doors off the main street in a character shop house. Recommend you go upstairs abd sit on the floor. Here each dish is cooked to order. They go to a lot of trouble to discuss with you your chilli level ans soon after the most beautiful fragrant food arrives.

• Visited February 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Hong Kong, China
“Simply the Best Indian Restaurant in Asia!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2013

I found this small family owned place by accident in 2007 whilst trying to navigate the maze of Little India. It is in a beautiful old shop house with open front seating down stairs and a "barefoot" dining area on the first floor. Here you leave your shoes on the stairs and sit on cushions on the floor eating off low tables. The food is excellent and curry strength runs from 1 to 6, except once a month on full moon night when they do special curries up to strength 10. I have only ever made it to level 4. I did try a spoon full of 6 and it blew my sox off. Perhaps that's why they insist you take your shoes off first. Food is served by the very lovely Shanti and accompanied by a selection of great Indian beer. The Kingfisher Extra Strong is highly recommended but after a couple of bottle it can be a bit tricky getting off the floor. After a great meal you can write your name on the wall downstairs and those who manage a strength 4 or above curry get their name on a close peg which hangs on the wall. I love this place so much I go there every time I am in Singapore!