“Can't believe this place score so highly.” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Wing Seong Fatty's (Albert) Restaurant

Wing Seong Fatty's (Albert) Restaurant
175 Bencoolen Street, Singapore, Singapore (Rochor)
Improve this listing
Ranked #52 of 7,262 Restaurants in Singapore
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Good for: Dining on a budget, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Rochor
Bergen
“Can't believe this place score so highly.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2012

I went here because of the Trip advisor reports. Don't bother its a con. The service was quick but blunt and the food mediocre at best. Yes, prices were reasonable but not a reason to be scoring so highly on TripAdvisor. I get the distinct impression some of the reports are fabricated to bolster its place on the ratings list.

Visited October 2012

• Korean first
London
“A must visit destination!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2012

We visited Fatty's after reading the recommendations on Tripadvisor and I'm very pleased that we did! The restaurant is a business that has been looked after by the same family for generations. The food is absolutely delicious and a must try is the black pepper beef and the sweet and sour chicken.
Portions were more than plentiful and the service was attentive - the bonus point to this eaterie is that you can sit outside and watch the crowds bustling past. Finally it is extremely good value for money, we visited twice during our stay.

• Visited September 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
“Brilliant food in street food atmosphere :)”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2012

I love fattys :) when I'm in Singapore I have to go there otherwise my trip is not complete...
There's nothing I would recommend in particular, coz everything I had on my few visits was superb!!!!
Prices are reasonable, staff is friendly and I love the not so touristic street food atmosphere:)

Try fattys, you won't leave hungry ;)

• Visited October 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Gibraltar
“Hidden Gem”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2012

Stumbled upon Fatty's on our first night in Singapore. Best chinese food we have both had and incredibly cheap. Portions are huge so a small is more than enough per person. We returned a few days later and again the food was brilliant. YUM, Will definitely visit if we are ever in that part of the world again.

• Visited September 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Princeton, NJ
“Come for the food, not the ambience”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2012

Plentiful, cheap dishes served within seconds by a no-nonsense staff in a spartan setting. There's a good chance you'll find yourself sitting next to some pilots or a flight crew -- a sure sign that you've come to a popular hangout.

Visited September 2012