“what happened to my breakfast” 2 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #4,376 of 7,412 Restaurants in Singapore
Cuisines: American
Patong, Thailand
“what happened to my breakfast”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2013

Breakfast sounded great. Yipee - Sunday brunch!! Went this past Sunday about 10.30 - only three other tables occupied (8 to 10 people total max). After 35 - 40 minutes waiting with no breakfast in sight, I left. Also, watching other tables being served, each and every person got their meals about 5 minutes apart. While I live in Thailand, and find this quite quaint for in Thai restaurants, one does nor expect it in an "American Diner" and there is nothing quaint about it. My coffee was comped at least and I received an apology ....... but sadly, no breakfast.

I am tempted to return though for the Alaskan King Crabs.

• Visited June 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Singapore
“Botak Jones @ Balestier - Don't waste your money!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2013

We are so happy to see this restaurant situated in the famous eatery street in Balestier. So after visiting a relative there, we head towards this famous Botak Jones which we used to patronize the clementi branch. We introduced it to my eldest sister and waited for a table. The restaurant was fully packed and thinking it must be good. We were allocated near the entrance of the washing area hence were told to split into 2 tables. Hungry, we obliged.
The serving was quite fast for a full packed restaurant. After serving the drinks, one of the senior staff suddenly bumped into my maid while she's sipping her hot tea luckily it spilled onto her fingers only and not her body. The staff just say sorry and dashed off.
Next they served us 3 bowls of the mushroom soup placed on a big plate and expected us to self-service to distribute it ourselves. We are ok. But when we tasted the soup, we almost spit it out immediately! It's the worst mushroom soup I ever tasted! Very thick creamery and spicy and left a horrible after taste like vomit. We couldn't bring ourselves to another scoop, so we asked the waiter to take it back. The same senior lady staff offered some "desert" instead. We are fine with that. And we saw her asking all her staff to taste the soup. I told her to add more chicken stock to dilute the cream, but she claimed that they have vegetarian customer who cannot take chicken stock and at the same time apologized as their Indonesia chef is new.
However, I saw them serving a few more customers with the same soup who hardly drink them too.
My 2 young kids ordered the kids meal, but my boy was given the kid's meal Cajun chicken topped with chilli paste. I asked the waiter why they top it with chilli paste on kid's meal and he quickly apologized and said "We'll change that for you." and took back the dish. However, they just scrapped off the chilli and heat it and return the same chicken cause there are traces of chilli and the chicken was overcooked and my boy had a hard time cutting it.
Then my salad with grill chicken turned out to be very spicy. I questioned them and they said its all pre-marinated and they just heat up and serve. They claimed that's how Cajun chicken should taste. I'm surprised cause my kids and I had Cajun chicken just last weekend in another restaurant and they taste great. Even my indo maid found it too spicy. They should name it "spicy hot chicken" rather.
We really lost our appetite and told the staff that we don't want the complimentary ice cream and asked for the bill. My hubby handed the credit card without given the bill and upon returning home, I was shocked to see that we were billed 4 scoops of ice cream on top of the $2.50 top up for mushroom soups and drinks.
My sister said "My first and last visit to Botak Jones." And I replied "And no more Botak Jones for us!"
This Balestier branch claimed that they are franchised. I wonder where is the quality control? And having such franchise really give Botak Jones a bad name!
If there is 0 stars, they really deserve it.
So my 1 star is for the fast service and nothing else.
To all patrons of BotakJones, please check your bills carefully!

• Visited April 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Luzon, Philippines
“cheap steaks and burgers”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2012

western food hawker style!
tried the botak jones in orchard youth park. awesome food in the heart of the busy street.
great price for the value of food! burger is big and delicious! the sides are the best - their baked potato is a must try.

• Visited November 2011
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Singapore, Singapore
“Good cheap steak”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2011

Decent choice for some cheap western food (much better than standard food court Western). Steaks were good cooked well and far cheaper than can be found any where else on the island. Potato with mash and cheese is a great side all for $15-$20 for 200-300gr steaks.

• Visited August 2011
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Use to be excellent place . But sadly...”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2010

Use to be excellent place . But sadly dissapointed on my last visit .

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere