“Fast Food” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Late Night
Dublin
“Fast Food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2012

Pizza is fine and reasonably priced! Brownie is a delight! Good spot if you don't want to go anywhere fancy and chill out

Visited November 2012

“Great food though pricey, fast service but no smiles”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012 via mobile

We went to Modesto's Vivo City at 2pm on a Sunday. Pasta was flavorful and pizza was excellent. The staff made an effort to serve the kids meal first which was commendable. The kids enjoyed the food tremendously. The service was prompt but it was odd the staff were not smiling(??!!), an area for improvement

Toronto, Canada
“Yummy food, authentic wood fire pizzas but on the pricey side”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2012

This restaurant was on the ground floor of the hotel I was staying in (The Elizabeth hotel). I ordered some soup and pasta when I arrived at the hotel to help recover from the jet lag. It was very tasty! I could the ingredients used were fresh and the dishes were very yummy. I ordered freshly squeezed orange juice (very pricey as it was $10 US) too which was good. On another day I ordered pasta and pizza - both were very good but again, on the pricey side of about $60 US for the 2 dishes. I would recommend this restaurant as a treat but not for everyday dining. There are hawker centres close by that offer the same (and more authentic to Singapore) dishes for half the price. Oh and there was one day when I ordered freshly squeezed pineapple juice and they brought me boxed juiced in a glass. My trained palate could tell it wasn't fresh plus there was no fresh foam on the top. I would've been charged $10US for boxed juice had I not felt something was wrong. I had it replaced. If you like freshly squeezed juice, though, I HIGHLY recommend you visit a hawker centre like Newton where you can get juice for about $3US. I did like that they would slice the mangos I bought in the market for me every morning.

• Visited October 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Houston, Texas
“Pizza and beer makes it easy”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2012

This place has good wood fired pizza with the thin crust reminiscent of flammchuchen in Germany. The only thing about this place is they are proud of their food. I got a mini and it was enough to fill the void and topped off with a beer and the bread and olive oil/balsamic dip they bring made it enough to keep the body chemistry in check. They have a choice location which probably makes it easy to charge what they do. $17 for a mini pizza is outrageous but they can get it.

• Visited August 2012
Singapore, Singapore
“Mad Mondays at Modesto's”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2012

Being an Amici member, my family and I love Mad Mondays at Modesto's, where pizzas and a selection of pastas are available at $9.90 instead of the usual prices from $18 upwards. The food is such tremendous value at this price! We start off our family dinners at Modesto's with a gratis basket of house foccacia, served with a cocktail of olive oil and balsamic vinegar. We then order our staple favorites - spinach cannelloni, pink sauce rigatoni, funghi pizza and a quatro formaggi pizza. The cannelloni is divine - filled with spinach and ricotta mixture and topped with creamy white sauce and a dash of tomato sauce! The pizza is made in a wood fired oven and is thin and crispy, with generous helpings of cheese. Not forgetting the tiramisu which is spongy and moist with layers of mascapone goodness. Indoor seating has a slightly more formal vibe, and the outdoor terrace is ideal for relaxing and people watching along Orchard Road. Here's to many more more Mondays at Modesto's!

• Visited September 2012