I stay in the East Coast my entire life and I read about this place on the internet. It is located in the same estate where I spent my childhood, so I am naturally curious.
For a non-East Coast person, finding Bright Center may a tall order. I drove there with my best friend, simply based on recollection on what I read. I was pleasantly suprised that the neigbourhood had developed into a little enclave, with hair salons, and spas. To me, these are quaint places to chill out on a weekend. Not a busy shopping mall. So we came here at about 4PM on Oct 26 2008 and stayed till 6:35PM,
The Garden Slug is exactly what it looks like on her website and blog. I couldn't quite remember what they are good for. But stuck to order the *** house reommended items. So here's what we ordered:
1. Hors d'oeuvres S$8.50
2. Spaghetti Bolognese S$9.90
3. Baby Back Ribs (Half Slab) S$18.90
4. Lemongrass Tea S$4.50 per glass.
The total bill was S$46.30
1. Didn't like the Hors d'oeuvres. Just not to our taste, I guess.
2. Very hearty Spaghetti Bolognese. Made their sauce from scratch and I can taste the freshness. Generous portions of Zuchinni. Not acidic. I am actually jealous that they make better Spaghetti Bolognese than me!
3. Baby Back Ribs - Very generous servings. Well marinated for over 5 years.
4. Lemongrass Tea. The Thais are much better at this. Stick to good old water. A tad too pricey for S$4.50 a glass.
I would come back to Garden Slug again to slug it out with a handful of friends!! It is a great chill-out place.
Own or manage this property? Claim your listing for free to respond to reviews, update your profile and much more.