“Hearty Food for Slugging Time” 4 of 5 stars
Review of The Garden Slug

The Garden Slug
55 Lorong L Telok Kurau, Singapore 425500, Singapore (Joo Chiat)
+65 63460504
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Seating, Waitstaff
Neighborhood: Joo Chiat
Singapore
“Hearty Food for Slugging Time”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2008

I stay in the East Coast my entire life and I read about this place on the internet. It is located in the same estate where I spent my childhood, so I am naturally curious.

For a non-East Coast person, finding Bright Center may a tall order. I drove there with my best friend, simply based on recollection on what I read. I was pleasantly suprised that the neigbourhood had developed into a little enclave, with hair salons, and spas. To me, these are quaint places to chill out on a weekend. Not a busy shopping mall. So we came here at about 4PM on Oct 26 2008 and stayed till 6:35PM,

The Garden Slug is exactly what it looks like on her website and blog. I couldn't quite remember what they are good for. But stuck to order the *** house reommended items. So here's what we ordered:

1. Hors d'oeuvres S$8.50
2. Spaghetti Bolognese S$9.90
3. Baby Back Ribs (Half Slab) S$18.90
4. Lemongrass Tea S$4.50 per glass.

The total bill was S$46.30

Verdict :
1. Didn't like the Hors d'oeuvres. Just not to our taste, I guess.
2. Very hearty Spaghetti Bolognese. Made their sauce from scratch and I can taste the freshness. Generous portions of Zuchinni. Not acidic. I am actually jealous that they make better Spaghetti Bolognese than me!
3. Baby Back Ribs - Very generous servings. Well marinated for over 5 years.
4. Lemongrass Tea. The Thais are much better at this. Stick to good old water. A tad too pricey for S$4.50 a glass.

I would come back to Garden Slug again to slug it out with a handful of friends!! It is a great chill-out place.

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“Nice ambience but food so so...”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2008

Nice ambience but food so so...

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“food for the soul : seafood broth with pasta;generous servings”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2008

food for the soul : seafood broth with pasta;generous servings

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“Great Chill Out place or...”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2008

Great Chill Out place or for a Lazy Sunday.

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“Got scolded by waitress...”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2007

Got scolded by waitress on christmas day when i tried to ask for extra free scoop of ice cream....boooo.........