“Delicious” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Sabai Fine Thai on the Bay

Sabai Fine Thai on the Bay
70 Collyer Quay #01-02 | Customs House, Singapore, Singapore (Formerly Sabai Fine Thai) (Marina Bay)
+65 6535 3718
Dining options: Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Private Dining, Reservations
Neighborhood: Marina Bay
“Delicious”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2012 via mobile

Tried the one in Ngee Ann City Orchard. The dark rice is nice. The pad thai a must. The grapefruit salad has interesting and flavorful salad.The sweet potato desserts aww..

Trento, Italia
“Thai!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2012 via mobile

Definitely the best thai food I've ever had outside thailand. We tried different types of curry and all of them were superb. I suggest the peanut curry, an amazing explosion of taste in your mouth. Also the salads, like the mango or pomelo ones, are eccellent! Last but not least the view on the bay is great.

• 5 of 5 stars Food
London, United Kingdom
“Best Thai in Singapore”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

Have eaten there numerous times, mostly for lunch and can say that it serves the best Thai food in Singapore. Food has not once been a disappointment and service is excellent.

Excellent green curry and their sweet&sour chicken with cashew is fantastic.

Visited October 2012
Melbourne, Australia
“Great Red Curry Duck!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2012

Travelling to Singapore a lot on business, I get the chance to eat out regularly. I was introduced to Sabai by local friends and tend to return each trip, either entertaining a client or just enjoying a meal by myself.

The place can fill up fast and booking is sensible, but I have found it easy to get a table if I arrive early or late. I have always found the service to be friendly and accommodating. Often restaurants struggle with solo diners, but at Sabai I have been offered magazines, and on one occasion as I was getting ready to leave the heavens opened and a fierce rainstorm hit. One of the staff came over and suggested I wait for the storm to pass and gave me green tea. A nice touch!

I love the food. The Tom Yum is spicy and mouth filling, the salads hit the spot, but my personal favourite is the red curry duck. Reasonable serve of duck (many restaurants pack the dish out with duck skin), real spice and just a touch of sweetness with the addition of lychee. I have eaten quite widely from the menu with friends but always come back to the duck. The beer is cold, the wine list good, and despite what a couple of other reviewers have said, I have always found the Sevice great. This is on my list of Singapore favourites.

Cary, North Carolina
“Lovely restaurant but quality of the food varies”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2012

The restaurant menu has a good selection and I love the fact there is a separate vegetarian menu. For starters we had the prawn cakes, chicken satay and spring rolls. Each dish was excellent and very delicious. For mains we shared a sweet and sour pork and scallops. The scallops were tasty and the sauce they were cooked in gave them a kick. The pork dish was average. The pieces of pork were very small and they felt like lumps of minced pork that had been deep fried. Friends we were with all enjoyed their dishes, so personally I recommend the restaurant but think some dishes will be hit and miss.

The service was very good and the waiters were very professional. I found the atmosphere outside warmer than inside given that the seating is by the water overlooking Marina Bay Sands. We did have a table outside but had to move inside due to the rain.

• Visited September 2012