“Good 'ol fish & Chips !” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #3,162 of 7,412 Restaurants in Singapore
Cuisines: American, Italian
Dhaka
“Good 'ol fish & Chips !”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2013

It was a second night I
was craving for sea food but particularly, looking for Fish & Chips. We decided to visit the location at Junction 8. We reached at around 8 PM and there was a line. However, it moved fairly quickly and within 15/20 mins we were seated in the back. We ordered - yes you guessed it- Fish & Chips. There was a special with soup and ice Tea for Sing $ 5.90 which we all availed. The soup of the Day turned out to be Tomato, which we all agreed was delish ! I was hoping the Ice Tea had free Refills but unfortunately no. The main dish was very good with the fish being Dory. They give you a choice of either Dori or Snapper but we stuck with the Dori. They put a side of good tarter sauce and some salad splashed with some vinegar along with the Fish & Chips.
Service was efficient though sitting in the back we had to hear a lot of noise of cutlery being sorted out and kitchen door opening.
Other than that noise level, it was an enjoyable experience.

• Visited September 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

“Simply "The best"!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2013

ok.....so here goes the true feedback about this great restaurant.
1. Food - Mind blowing and full of flavor. Cant find better fish and variety of cooking in the town.
2. Resturant - Quite busy and crowded but you wont mind as the food covers up for every other short coming.
3. Prices - Best value of money in the town. Decent portions, amazing flavors as compared to other similar restaurants trying to sell bland sea food. They can certainly not match with Manhattan.
4. Must try - Baked Mediterranean fish, Spicy poached fish, aglio olio pastas with chicken breast, sea food platters for 2 -4 people. all the drinks are amazing too.

In all if you want sea food and you want flavors too this is the place to go.

• Visited August 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Hopeless service crews”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013 via mobile

Came here for dinner on the 8th July at Junction 8 outlet. Was shown to my cramped table by a young male trainee... Requested to change table and was refused cos I was told the crowd will start soon... Sounds ridiculous but I accepted it since it was dinner time.

Asked for pepper since it was missing from my table and was given a the cold shoulder by the staff named "Siu Hui Hui" when i called out to her again, she handed me two bottles of salt instead. I had to go to another table and get it myself. FAILED!!!

My seafood platter arrived and Ms Siu was the one to bring it to my table. I asked for 2 serving plates since there was none but she just walked away.

The saving grace was from the restaurant manager Ms Mya Mya. The only one who understands the basic meaning of service.

Would I come here and sine again??? NO WAY!!!

• Visited July 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Singapore
“Great Sea Food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2013

I especially like the Mediterranean Baked fish. They serve this with rice soaked in a special sauce with a distinct fantastic taste. This is about the only this I order whenever I visit this restaurant. I recommend this to my friends.

Visited March 2013
Singapore, Singapore
“Cheaper ~ worse version of Fish & Co.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2013

Tried their fish and chips, fried calamaries, and some pasta before. Almost everything was bland, except the fries (and the lemon). If you're craving for seafood dish in a nice restaurant and have several extra dollars to spend, better find the nearest Fish & Co. and go there instead. (I am not in anyway affiliated with Fish & Co. It's really better)

Visited February 2013