“Food and Service average but outside seating was enjoyable” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #1,405 of 7,382 Restaurants in Singapore
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Good for: Doing business
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Description: Nestled in the Orchard Parade Hotel, Black Angus is situated in the beginning of Orchard Orchard Road, where one can have a great meal and then take a stroll down the boulevard in the evening. Catch a movie at lido or buy a new dress at ZARA or Espirit. Buy your child his favorite toy at Toy R us or meet a new aquaintances at the nightspots in Orchard Plaza. For those who are not so adventurous, you can sit at our outdoor seating and enjoy the sights and sounds of orchard road or catch the view of singaporeans as they pass by to and fro.
“Food and Service average but outside seating was enjoyable”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2012

I was not overly impressed with the service or the food. It was not bad - average. But the outdoor seating was great. It's a great location for people watching and comfortable. If you want to kill some time, have a nice drink and enjoy watching the sights of Orchard Rd. this is a good place to try.

• Visited August 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

Cypress, Texas
“Good Steak”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2012

Saw this place near my hotel and decided i wanted a Singapore Steak! Has a US midwest motif inside and looked nice. I ordered the prime rib and it came out similar to how it would at home. Salad was fresh. Service was good however i'm not used to waiters hovering over you when you are filling in the credit card information. I has tiramisu for dessert and it was good, fresh.

Visited July 2012
Rimini, Italy
“An impression of dirt place”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2012 via mobile

How is possible that on saturday night, after you bring me 3 different menus talking about the varius choice of
Prime Rib , and how the Prime rib is good whe you cone to take the order you say , sorry say tonight no prime rib!!!!!
Why did you not inform me in advance ?
Anyway the place look dirty and exactly 4 different staff ask me in 10 minutes time if I need another beer, while my glass of beer was stll more than half!! Why do you bother me? Just to sell one more beer!!!!
Please avoid this place

Tinton Falls, NJ
“Why?”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2012 via mobile

I had been in Singapore for a week on business and treated myself to a dinner at the Black Angus.

First, it's surprisingly expensive. $65 Sing for a Filet with Salad, Potatoes, and Veggies.

I ordered my steak Medium Rare and it came out looking good. However two bites in, I realized it hasn't been fully cooked - it was red and cold inside. I asked to send the steak back, but to let me eat my veggies and potatoe in the meantime. Not understanding that, the plate returned 5 minutes later, seared all around on the outside, but still raw. Oh well - ate what I could and called it a day.

With better choices all around, I'd recommend looking around.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
“Delicious fillet mignon”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2012

If you want to have great steak and at reasonable price black angus is the place you should go. for S$60 you can have fillet mignon set meal that comes with soup/salad and side dishes. The beef steak soup is very tasty and the mashed potatoes melts was well done. The fillet mignon is so far the best steak I ever tasted, it was tenderf and juicy and the portion of 8oz was just nice.i never failed to visit the resturant for birthday and anniversary celebration.i will recommend sitting outdoor as the indoor is a bit stuffy.

• Visited March 2012