“Disappointing food” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Crossroads Cafe

Crossroads Cafe
320 Orchard Road, Singapore 238865, Singapore (Orchard Road)
+65.6831.4605
Neighborhood: Orchard Road
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Disappointing food”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2012 via mobile

Nice place to sit and have a coffee. My food - club sandwich - was really disappointing. Fries were barely warm and the sandwich was served on bog standard supermarket white bread. Was expecting more from the Marriott especially given the price. I also didn't read the menu carefully was expecting some nice grilled chicken breast, but instead got turkey ham. Coffee was nice however.

• Turkish first
“Neatly tucked at the crossroads; packed during weekends”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2012

Crossroads Cafe is at the crossroads of Scotts and Orchard Road. Neat little space for tired shoppers to grab a bite and some drinks. The space is small and you are seated very close to each other. When other patrons walk, you have to keep shifting the chairs to create a path. That also is a problem when waitresses and waitress buzz around the cafe. I had the crossroads split, not bad I would say. For drinks, I had the long island tea, a little disappointing as it's too sour for me. My partner had the ice mocha and the beans had a burnt taste. It's not what we would expect from Marriott and I would only visit when I really need a break from all that walking.

• Visited May 2012
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Singapore, Singapore
“Food is mediocre after the renovations”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2012

Crossroads Cafe used to be one of my favourite dining spot in Singapore, especially when I am on Orchard road. The food used to be great and the menu quite varied. Unfortunately after the renovation, I cannot say that anymore, which is such a shame.

It still is a great place to sit and " people watch" but the new menu has been really parred down. In fact it is rather uninspiring. I used go there for their quesidillas, great variety of salads and soups and specials of the day.

The evening I went we ordered mushroom truffle soup, which was very bland. There were only three type of salads left on the menu. so we ordered the ubiquitous caesar salad and penne arabiatta. The caesar was okay as caesar salad goes, nothing unique about it. The arabiatta was a disaster, it was heavily salted and inedible.

We asked for it to be changed which was done with no fuss. The replacement dish arrived but it was bland and was just average.

I have to say the service crew were polite but the place was heavily understaffed. There were only 2 people around that evening to service 20 odd tables. It took a while to get their attention everytime we needed something and then another long wait before our request was met.

I am not sure I would make it a point to dine there anymore, maybe just to stop by for predinner drinks. Incidently, the clientele there has also changed. I use to see alot of people dining there but that evening most people were just drinking. Could that be because the food on offer has really gone downhill???

• Visited April 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Zürich
“outdoor dining at Orchard Road”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2012

good spot to have a dinner or just a glass of wine watching the fashionable people walk by. the wine list was superbe !

Visited March 2012
Tokyo, Japan
“Breakfast buffet worth waking up for”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2012

At $38++ per person for a weekday breakfast buffet, we expected a wide variety of local and international spread and that was exactly what they delivered. Plenty of variety from fresh fruit to beef rendang displayed very tastefully, invoking the inner glutton in you to go for more food. The ambience was modern but cosy and the service was excellent, a rare combination in this city. The friendly staff took their time to engage on friendly conversation while making sure we always had piping hot coffee. Loved it!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere