“superb” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #30 of 294 Hotels in Singapore
Brussels, Belgium
“superb”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2014

ideally located, not far for the shopping. The bedroom was really great and large. The swimming pool is mabe not the largest that i know but confortable. The service is atentive and really pleasant. The breakfast is whoooooooooooooooooooooo

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
TheSRSManagement, Director of Rooms at The St. Regis Singapore, responded to this review, May 2, 2014
Dear HDLBruxelles,

Thank you for choosing The St. Regis Singapore as your preferred address. Thank you also for your praises on our luxurious guestroom and breakfast experience at Brasserie Les Saveurs.

We hope to welcome you back again soon.

The St. Regis Singapore

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (180)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Singapore, Singapore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2014

I stayed at the St. Regis for a night and left with mixed feelings.

The check-in was a smooth process, the reservation was found speedily and I was well assisted by Ariel. All in was about 5 minutes before I was off to my room. Shortly after checking-in, the butler, Naz, rang the room and dropped by to introduce himself. He gave me good impression and was most helpful with my requests throughout the stay, great job there. He offered to help me chill a bottle of wine I had brought with me and to serve it at any time of my choosing, which he did when I called around 11+ in the evening.

The room is well furnished and has a control panel for the lights on either side of the bed, a plus in my book, as most hotels that have such panels usually only have it on one side. A good selection of TV channels and an excellent Bose sound system. As I was in a penthouse level room, the view was decent, although I was told it overlooked the Botanical Gardens. Not sure which part as I failed to see/recognise it. The bathroom is spacious and has heated mirrors throughout, quite a nice touch. It helped keep towels warm as the towels were laid out right next to one of the mirrors. I was disappointed with the shower area though, rather cramped. The shower itself was decent, good water pressure. Took quite a while for the water to get warm/hot.

As part of my room package, I was offered pre-dinner wine/beer (5-7pm) and although that was served to me when requested, there was an issue. I had been previously informed that I could choose to have my drinks in the room or at the Astor Bar. Imagine my surprise when I opted to go down to the bar and was told otherwise. I ended up having the drinks in my room. I also had the use of the Spa facilities which was great, as the spa opens till midnight. Oddly though, when I called the Butler department, I was told it closes at 10pm, having remembered otherwise, I requested to be connected to the Spa, so I could as again. I find it rather lacking in training if some of the staff don't even know what time the spa closes.

It was later in the evening that there were other little issues. I hadn't realised it till late evening, that my room looked different from the one I had booked via the website. Leon from the Front Office was patiently explained the difference in room types and clarified why the it looked different. Turns out there are two layouts to the Penthouse rooms depending on which side of the building one resides in. I had booked a room expecting the layout of the Executive Deluxe room but was given a Grand Deluxe. Leon was very kind to offer me the option of switching rooms even though it was close to midnight. I didn't switch but I did appreciate his gesture.

Another problem turned out to be the DVD player. It is part of the Bose sound system provided but when I popped in a DVD, everything showed in Black and White. Since the TV is mounted to the wall and is not able to be pulled out and angled in other directions like some hotels, I wasn't able to see if it was a loose connection. Naz came by and tried to help but in the end he said that Technical Services would have to be called up. As it was late in the evening, I didn't bother. I was surprised that such a simple issue could occur.

Breakfast was alright, they had a buffet spread and a menu I could order from. Overall though the selection was rather disappointing. I expected more from a brand like St. Regis. To end my stay, I requested for a late checkout and was very grateful to be offered a 2pm checkout.

On the whole, I'd say St. Regis Singapore is a nice hotel to stay in but there are some inconsistencies in the service provided. Worth a stay but didn't quite convince me that I should pick them over any of the many 5-star offerings in Singapore.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
Dear Daryllee84,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us generous praises and invaluable feedback. We truly appreciate it. We are extremely delighted that you have enjoyed the luxurious room amenities and the bespoke butler service. However, we do apologise for the inconvenience caused during your stay and have noted each and every single one of your concerns. Please be assured that necessary trainings and amends will be in place to improve our guests’ experiences.

We hope to welcome you back to the address where timeless elegance resides.

Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2014

On my last trip to Asia i managed to get quite ill and found myself in a single bed cave in little india. I blew all my last money and found a deal for the St. Regis and it was the best decision i made. I was still very sick but it lifted my spirits immensely. I soaked in the bath while watching the telly not to mention lying in the amazing comfortable beds changing the settings on the blinds and the lights with ease and listening to the Australian open on the telly in the background. I've never written a review for a hotel before but thought that this hotel deserved some good feedback. I flew out at 2:45 in the morning and the hotel not only kept my bag safe but also let me use all the spa facilities before i headed off. What a beautiful hotel. All class.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
Dear Bea C,

Thank you for taking precious time off to leave us generous reviews. Thank you also for choosing The St. Regis Singapore as your preferred address. We are extremely heartened that you have enjoyed the luxurious room amenities as well as the facilities in award-winning Remède Spa.

We cannot wait to welcome you back again.

Perth, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2014

This is a beautiful property which exudes St Regis elegance in all aspects!

It started with a bentley pick up from Changi, driven by the most hospitable person met on our travels, Henry. He was an absolute pleasure and is definitely a fantastic first-impression ambassador for St. Regis and the SPG brand. Whilst the transfer was quite pricey, it was definitely worth it!!

We arrived the hotel, we were ushered to check-in, where we were kindly upgraded and allowed to check in early - a nice touch after the red-eye flight in to Singapore. Check-in was a breeze and done promptly.

The room is lavish and nicely set up - the in-house amenities are great also - the shower is awesomely intense, with 4 shower-heads, it's like a water massage! the deep bath is also a welcome relief after a day of shopping!

The butler service is good - but we didn't really use it a lot - whilst we understand that they're there to do things for us, sometimes it was just easier to do it ourself - She did leave a beautiful anniversary cake for us, as we were celebrating our 6 years, which was very greatly appreciated. I guess, it is the little things they do that you notice the most - so thank you.

In-room dining is good - and it was a surprise to see popcorn on the menu - of course it was ordered, as we settled in for the night watching a film, but a bit disappointed by the popcorn:kernel ratio. None-the-less, an enjoyable experience.

The Astor Bar is an institution in itself - we met some friends there for some pre-dinner drinks, but ended up being a night there in itself. I tried my very first bloody Mary, unfortunately, i'm not a fan, not their fault, I'm not a fan of tomatoes in general, but couldn't pass up the opportunity to try a St Regis Bloody Mary, while AT a St. Regis.

The two day stop over, before continuing our holiday, definitely started on the right foot by staying at the St Regis. The service and atmosphere is fantastic. Contrary to some of the other reviews on here, we never experienced any difficulties during our stay.

We will definitely stay again when in town, and hope that the service and attention to detail is just as fantastic.

Room Tip: Any of them are great - high level rooms are good, if you're keen to check out the sprawl of Sin...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
TheSRSManagement, Director of Rooms at The St. Regis Singapore, responded to this review, April 30, 2014
Dear hopdan88,

Thank you for your generous praises of our hotel and for taking the time to share your St. Regis experience with fellow travelers. We truly appreciate it.

We are delighted that you had an extraordinary start with a pick-up by our Bentley chauffeur Henry and that your stay was also made memorable with the luxurious amenities, anniversary cake by your personal butler and an exceptional night at Astor Bar.

We cannot wait to welcome you back to the address where timeless elegance resides.

Miami Beach, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2014

Two words resonate when experiencing the St Regis in Singapore, opulence and elegance. The lobby, rooms and even the elevators are classically elegant in the style of the great palace hotels of Europe. The superb service stands up to the fine finishes and décor. Located near the great attractions but just off the beaten path, there is a quiet stateliness to the ambiance that offers a refuge like sense of comfort. A stunning multicultural breakfast is simply superb.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Dear sobederm,

Thank your generous praises on the grandeur of our hotel and the bespoke services. We truly appreciate it. Thank you also for your kind words on the extraordinary breakfast at Brasserie Les Saveurs.
We hope to welcome you back again soon.

kuala lumpur
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2014

This hotel is located along Tanglin Road, just before the start of Orchard Road (main shopping & food area). Ion Orchard mall is a 10 minute walk away. Complimentary car parking is available if you drive.

We stayed at the Deluxe Room with 2 queen size beds. The room itself is very spacious and luxuriously furnished with Classic & Contemporary American style furnishing. Mattress and pillows (23 types to be selected) were very comfortable. Room comes with an Ipad/Ipod/Iphone dock and Bose home theatre surround sound system with a large 40’ flat screen TV.

Bathroom was very sizeable – with 2 wash basins and separate WC and shower area. The bath tub comes with a built in TV. Toiletries are of very good quality and the shower was excellent.

As with all St Regis hotels, it comes with the butler service. You can request for hot beverages any time of the day during your stay. Housekeeping was within expectations. Wireless internet is complimentary in the room.

There’s a well-equipped gym with a good sized pool but it gets a bit noisy when kids are around. Their Italian restaurant, La Brezza, serves decent meals too.

This was my 2nd stay and they have still maintained their high standards. Great rooms, location and service – I would highly recommend the St Regis Singapore.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Dear rafalution_2009,

Thank you for taking precious time off to leave us kind praises. We are delighted that you have enjoyed the luxurious room amenities and the bespoke butler service. Thank you also for your generous feedback on LaBrezza.

We cannot wait to welcome you back again.

San Mateo
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2014

Of the Starwood brands, St. Regis is definitely the best. Brand consistency is unsurpassed. If you close the curtains I couldn't tell you whether I was in Beijing or Singapore. Butler service is helpful. Rooms are clean, comfortable and have an old world stately elegance. Kinda like you're staying in an English in the 1800s. But with electricity and running water. And a flat panel TV.

Typical buffet breakfast but with some local options. On a previous stay they had roti prata. They always have a good bowl of jook too.

Check in experience was outstanding. Also got upgraded to a room next to the presidential suite. The room itself wasn't that much better than their normal rooms (which are pretty awesome to begin with) but the view from the top floor was great from which to watch the lightning storms.

Room Tip: Singapore is like any other big city: everything (besides food) costs and arm and a leg. Going hot...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Dear ElGuapo43,

Thank you for your generous praises and for sharing your experience with fellow travelers. Thank you also for selecting our luxurious establishment as your choice of stay. We are heartened that you have enjoyed our legendary butler service and breakfast at Brasserie Les Saveurs.

We hope to welcome you back to the address where timeless elegance resides.

The St. Regis Singapore

Been to The St. Regis Singapore? Share your experiences!