“Disappointed” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #32 of 294 Hotels in Singapore
Hong Kong, China
“Disappointed”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2014

The location was good - 10 min walk from the MRT. They have a pillow menu which was nice. The food was good. The room was spacious and clean. Staff were very nice. However, I am disappointed with my stay given that it's a six star hotel, my expectations for the amenities in the room at St. Regis were not met.

There were a couple of things in my room that were out of order and poorly maintained.
First, the speakers in the bathroom and the bed reading light were out of order. I asked the butler to send someone to fix it while I'm out for dinner. However, it never happened. This was the biggest disappointment for my stay.
Second, (these were probably of a lesser concern), the sofa in my room was worn out. The pool was tiny and you could see stains on the divider next to the pool.

Just because it was St. Regis, my expectation was a little higher than normal. However, I think it was very reasonable that I'd expect the hotel to check that the amenties were in working order before they checked us in. They should also follow up with my request on maintenance. I only stayed there for 2 nights so I didn't bother to ask the hotel to move me to another room.

There is a wide selection of nice hotels in singapore, and I am not sure if I'll go back to St. Regis again given that with the same price, I could have stayed at hotels of the same class with similar price, probably with well maintained facilities and the same quality of service. It'd be better if they could run less systematic and add more personal touches to make it a pleasant stay, but just doing the basics is properly what they should focus on first.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
TheSRSManagement, Director of Rooms at The St. Regis Singapore, responded to this review, February 5, 2014
Dear NLzy,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review here on TripAdvisor. Thank you also for your invaluable feedback. First of all, we would like to apologise that some aspects of your stay with us were not to your exacting expectation. It is truly unbecoming of a luxury hotel like ours, and there is indeed no excuse for such unfortunate shortcomings.

We value you as our esteemed guest, and we pride ourselves in providing all of our guests with the utmost of bespoke hospitality. Rest assure that the necessary amends and training will be in place to avoid such incidents.

We hope to welcome you back again soon.

The St. Regis Singapore

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (182)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2014 via mobile

Omg. How do I even begin.
First, the positives. Loges and Hayato. Loges for organising our luggage for us and Hayato for his enthusiastic and helpful dinner recommendations.
And that's about it. Everything was simply downhill after that:
1. Our so-called butler was missing in action and only showed up about 2 hours after we checked in today. When we finally saw her, we asked if she had any restaurants to recommend for a nice dinner and she told us to go to TCC! When we pointed out that TCC was merely a coffee place, she said that TCC served pasta too! We stressed again that we would like a nice place for dinner. Well, it was obvious she had absolutely no idea, so said she'd get back to us. That was when Hayato took over and provided us with some wonderful suggestions.
2. The room has two guests but obviously one of us is invisible. We arrived back from dinner to find that the room had been turned down for only one.
3. I was slightly scalded by hot water because the cold tap, which is supposed to have cold water, had hot water flowing out from it! Engineering came to check and told us that oh, there's some piping issue which they have been rectifying. Don't you think that if there is a problem with the water temperature, you should notify the guests and not wait till the guests are scalded when they use the tap?!

For a St Regis, this is all really unforgivable. I brought up the first and second issue to the front desk who did nothing but just apologise. Fine. Then I went back up to my room and encountered the water issue. Totally unacceptable! I immediately called the duty manager and voiced my dissatisfaction. Again only apologies offered. But the damage has already been done. I am contemplating checking out tomorrow and moving into another hotel. What a horrible experience this has been. Not only that, I am totally embarrassed too. I invited a friend to come with me on this trip, having raved about the standard of St Regis and this is what she has to experience.
Seriously, St Regis Singapore. You need to buck up and relook your standards of service. We are willing to pay a premium for your hotel but when we do, we expect a certain level of service excellence and this is definitely not it!

Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Dear lostlikeme,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. First of all, we have to apologise that some aspects of your stay with us were not to your exacting expectation. We have noted your invaluable feedback.

We certainly pride ourselves on providing bespoke service at the highest standards, and we hope you appreciate the follow-up we afforded you while you were still in residence with us. We value you as our esteemed guest, and we look forward to welcome you back again soon.

New Delhi, India
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2014

One of the finest properties I have stayed in. Very good and prompt service, great food and bars (esp. the Decanter) and very good location.

Would strongly recommend business travelers to check it out

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
TheSRSManagement, Director of Rooms at The St. Regis Singapore, responded to this review, February 3, 2014
Dear AbhirajBhal,

Thank you for your kind words of your St. Regis experience with us, and thank you also for taking the time to share them with your fellow travellers.

Currently, Decanter has been closed and is going through a revamp. A new dining experience will take its place, and we cannot wait to welcome you back again soon.

Adelaide
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2014

My partner, mother, grandmother and I all stayed at this beautiful hotel in the heart of Singapore. Our reason for choosing the St Regis was simply because we received a brilliant deal off Expedia.com, however we never expected what we found once we arrived. We were amazed from wo to go by the sheer lavishness and luxury of this property. No detail went unnoticed during our wonderful stay, and we never wanted to leave. From the fine detail that goes into the layout of the rooms, and the showers with generous showerheads, and also triple back jets, to the free unpacking service and the care they take with even your smallest (and most personal) items, to the way you are smiled at by the staff. Nothing was forced: everything was genuine. The ambience of the property was brilliant, and the staff constantly offered friendly advice and tips without guests even having to ask.

Here come the thank you's now:

Thank you Brandon for checking us in. You made us feel so welcome, and you are a true asset to the St Regis. We weren't completely happy to hear that our rooms weren't ready for us to check-in to being that we arrived at 4.30 in the afternoon and should have been able to check in from 2, but you smoothed everything over and somehow managed to take enough time checking us in to ensure we could go straight to our rooms once done.
Thank you Alvin at the front desk for replacing our room keys free of charge with a huge smile when my Grandma lost hers. You were so lovely to deal with.
Thank you to all our dear Butlers for the wonderful job you did settling us in, showing us around our rooms, bringing us our teas and coffees, and unpacking our bags. Im sorry I cant name you all but we do appreciate it. And to the lovely male Butler who unpacked our bags and wrote us a note letting us know where everything was - thank you so much.
Thank you to the Concierge staff who helped us time after time with a smile. You perform your work seamlessly, juggling guests and phone calls - you are a true asset to the company also.
Thank you for the many door men who couldnt have been any more welcoming every time we arrived, you made us feel so special, and you look beyond adorable in your white suits.
Thank you to the lovely waiters in the Astor Bar - you were just so lovely and professional each time we visited, and we loved the live music (Roy Sinclair I believe his name was). Thank you also for continuing to serve my mum and partner Long Island Iced Teas through their giggles - We had a night to remember :)
Thank you to Push in the dining room - you are an absolute professional and your passion and dedication to your work shows. You also, are an immense asset to the property and they are lucky to have someone with your focus and commitment working for them. Thank you for the soy milks, the gluten free breads, and for sharing your beautiful stories with us. We miss you already!
And thank you to all the other staff in between, including your amazing breakfast staff who must deals with hundreds of guests a week, but still somehow remembered I take my coffees with soy milk by the second day of our stay.
From now I will always endeavour 100% to stay with St Regis Worldwide wherever we travel: we could not have asked for a single thing to be different during our stay. You perform a seamless operation and should be so proud of yourselves. Thank you thank you thank you. With love from Australia.

Room Tip: We stayed in the lead in rooms which were still beyond amazing. The decor was brilliant and the room...
Dear Arnotts4664,

Thank you for your kind words, and the many thank you's you have for our team after your St. Regis experience with us. We can only afford you our highest gratitude for your generosity. We are extremely delighted we have made your stay a memorable one. Most importantly, we are happy to note that you have truly enjoyed your experience at a St. Regis property and looking forward to more.

We hope to welcome you back again soon.

Perth, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2014

My first impression was made when I the doorman greeted us, he was very lovely! Friendly elderly man, staff at all levels were polite and accommodating! Truly hospitable, they certainly worked with pride. Pool was small but not many people were swimming, which was great!
The rooms were very clean and the bathroom has to be the best feature!!
What was disappointing was, these rooms are NOT cheap! We paid for the room with brekky included, which was alot of money!!! But guess what, when we went down for breakfast, the international buffet room was what I really wanted, we had the option to choose, the girl was going to let us in, but this indian buffet manager told us we had to go to the second floor, where there was brekky served at a tinier facility with limited choices. The reason, the international buffet room was FULL! As we turned to walk away, another Italian couple approached them and said they also have brekky included, guess what he told them to wait for not even a min, and took them in to be seated! That really made us very upset! There was clearly some sort of discrimination going on here... shame! After breaky at the second floor, I felt better again because the staff there once again were really lovely.
They did charge us something random, like a kids meals on our check out, but when they realised it was a mischarge, the receptionist very quickly applogised and dismissed it.
Generally great, only the first floor buffet manager is a bit of an pain!

Room Tip: Top floor!!! But when you are that high, you do not get to see the pool, but other buildings only...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Mitthi H,

Thank you for taking the time to share your St. Regis experience with us. Thank you for your invaluable feedback. I have noted them, and I have also shared them with the team at Brasserie Les Saveurs.

We do have to apologise for the unfortunate incident which should not have occurred in any instance. I want to personally assure you that no form of discrimination was involved. In fact, both breakfast experiences at Brasserie Les Saveurs and LaBrezza offer similar choices...not forgetting that you do get to enjoy a better view at LaBrezza.

Rest assure that the necessary amends and training will be in place to ensure that such incident will never happen again, and I want to afford you the confidence that we value all our guests.

We look forward to welcome you back again soon.

Geneva, Switzerland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2014

Stayed at the St.Regis for 3 nights in January 2014. The check in process was efficient as well as personal with the hotel employee accompanying me to the elevator. The room is and toilet are those of a 5 stars hotel, clean, spacious with above average amenities (and a pillow menu with 12 different choices). Cleaning service passes twice a day to tidy up and change towels. Butler service is a plus, though I haven’t used it. Gym is OK. New Technogym machines and right next to the swimming pool.
I haven’t tried the breakfast, however I have ordered the St.Regius burger for dinner, which was disappointing. Floppy bread with a slice of sub-standard meat 4/10 (And they didn't have fresh orange juice !).
The hotel is a 4 minutes’ walk to the beginning of Orchard street where many malls and restaurants are located.
I will defiantly stay there again on my next trip to Singapore, I would highly recommend it to other travellers who do not have to stay close to the business districts.

Dear Wild_Star1983,

Thank you for your kind words and generous praise of your St. Regis experience with us. Thank you also for taking the time to share them with your fellow travellers, and for recommending the address where timeless elegance resides.

I have noted your invaluable feedback, particularly that of the dining experience you had with us. Rest assure that the necessary review and amends will be in place to ensure that your next stay and dining experience with us will be truly beyond your expectation.

We look forward to welcome you back again soon.

Queenstown, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2014

My friend and I have decided to try the Astor Bar and we found out that it was a really perfect choice to unwind for a very tiring day, the relaxed ambience of the place, the music was perfect especially the captivating sounds of the piano for that night of our stay at the bar , the staff we're very friendly. Had an amazing service with the bartender Imran,he is well experienced he is cheerful and he is very accomodating for giving us a perfect drinks and light snacks, he also gave us a lot of suggestions in different kind of drinks And its really good. This place is very lucky to have this kind of staff.

I highly recommend this place , as we had a wonderful night. We will surely come back.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
TheSRSManagement, Executive Assistant Manager, Food & Beverage at The St. Regis Singapore, responded to this review, February 3, 2014
Dear Pmcguire017,

Thank you for your glowing review of your experience at Astor Bar, and thank you also for taking the time to share them with your fellow bar enthusiasts and travellers. I have shared your praise with Imran and he would also like to thank you for your generosity.

We look forward to welcome you back soon. Cheers!

Oscar Perez
Executive Assistant Manager, Food & Beverage
The St. Regis Singapore

Been to The St. Regis Singapore? Share your experiences!