“Great luxury and excellent services!” 5 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
Enjoy Up To 50% Off
Ranked #25 of 290 hotels in Singapore
Singapore, Singapore
“Great luxury and excellent services!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2013

Decided to book this hotel room after viewing to it's photo and it's not disappointing!
The room is as great as it show and the services is great!
Although it's not a high floor hotel but the view is wide and unblock!
The bed is comfortable, the toilet bath is a great luxury experience!
The room is spacious!
Only it's little bit pricey~ if you not compare the prices, it's one of the top luxury and great services hotel!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
TheSRSManagement, Director of Rooms at The St. Regis Singapore, responded to this review, February 13, 2013
Dear lkpoli,

Thank you for choosing The St. Regis Singapore, and I am glad that your St. Regis experience was beyond your expectations.

I would also like to thank you for taking the time to share your experience with fellow guests here on TripAdvisor.

Here at The St. Regis Singapore, we look forward to welcome you back.

1,073 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (143)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Melbourne, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2013

I would have given a 3.5 but as not possible was generous with a 4.

The good

Great location for Orchid Road shopping.
The common areas are very nice with great artwork.

The not so good

Our rooms were in obvious need of repair. I noted this comment when reading other reviews and did not believe it but in one room our toilet door did not shut and the door handle for the main door was almost falling off. In the other room the tables and couches were all badly marked.

The staff on the whole seem a little confused or disinterested. When we arrived we were not explained the benefits or add ons available with our stay. We are SPG Gold which usually means a free drink ( nothing mentioned but was on a card they gave us). There was no in room amenity and when I asked what is was we were sent a small bottle of orange juice. No fruit, flowers etc in the room. These all may seem like little things but they add up to the experience you expect in a 5 star hotel.

We booked through AMEX FHR and there was no offer of upgrade or late check out. To be fair when we asked for late check out they gave us one room till 6pm.

The breakfast was good but not great, Sunday brunch was nice.

There was nothing really bad about this hotel but nothing that made it great and in a City of great hotels I see no need to return to St Regis. If I wanted to be in this area again I would head back to the Four Seasons - perhaps not as plush but an overall much better experience.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Dear AussieAnge,

I would like to thank you for sharing your invaluable feedback with us, and I would also like to apologise that your St. Regis experience did not live up to your exacting standards.

I have shared all which you mentioned in your review with the relevant departments, and rest assure that all necessary measures have been taken to ensure that your next St. Regis experience with us will be beyond your expectations.

We look forward to welcome you back, and we promise you that your next visit to The St. Regis Singapore will be a truly memorable one.

Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013

We stayed at St Regis for 4 days recently and enjoyed our time there. The hotel itself is quite classically styled, very well appointed rooms which are very luxurious. Our floor had its own butler which is a nice touch. Reasonable position close to orchid rd and stuff which were very eager to help. Would gladly stay again on our next visit to Singapore.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
TheSRSManagement, Director of Rooms at The St. Regis Singapore, responded to this review, January 30, 2013
Dear LRGFF,

Thank you for selecting The St. Regis Singapore for your Singapore experience. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay with us, and we look forward to have you back with us to in the near future.

Sydney
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013

We had a suite upgrade for our 3 nights in Singapore. Can't think of a single thing that could have been improved upon. Check-in, check-out, butler service was exceptional. The room was luxurious, functional and beautiful down to the heated wall in the bathroom and shower.

The spa was magnificent-very beautiful and good treatments

Breakfast was good with a wide selection of food.

We were lucky to arrive in hairy crab season and had an excellent crab meal at the chinese restaurant.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear WazzaM60,

We are extremely delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us at The St. Regis Singapore, and thank you for sharing your glowing review. We look forward to welcome you back to experience our bespoke hospitality the next time you visit The St. Regis Singapore.

Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2013

By Far one of the best hotels ive had a stay in. Up to the mark and what is expected from the St Regis Brand. Early check in, but the staff was more than accomodating, and got me a room. WIth more than 500sqft of space, plenty of light, and a room that exemplifies luxury and functionality, my one night stay was perfect. The Butler service was super prompt with my clothes pressing and the entire staff was very caring.
Checkout was seamless, and everyone made sure to ask how my stay was and checked to see if there were any shortfalls and if I would choose their hotel for my next visit.
Best bit : Due to a streched morning meeting, I was getting late for lunch as was in a hurry to check out, I forgot to take out my personal belongings from the safe. I returned at 3pm after realising my mistake only to find out that my possessions had been found, recorded and logged by secuirty, and within minutes of showing my identification, they were all returned to me by the head of security himself who personally came down for the handover, needless to say without anything missing.....Impressive ? YES !!

Room Tip: Theyre all good !
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
Dear Iceman86,

Thank you for bestowing us with your gleaming review, and we are always happy to know that you have brought back fond memories from our St. Regis experience. We look forward to welcome you back to The St. Regis Singapore in the near future.

San Francisco, CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2013

I stayed two nights at the St. Regis Singapore and which I'd stayd longer (I split my trip up between this hotel and the Sheraton Towers). Like most St. Regis hotels I've stayed at everything was fantastic, from the check-in/check-out, to the service, to the butler, to the breakfast, and of course the room itself. I was upgraded to a Grand Deluxe room thanks to Starwood status, and it was lovely. The room was very spacious, the bathroom huge, and all the furnishings of course top notch. The decor does seem a *tiny* bit dated, but not in a bad way. And nothing is run-down so it wasn't an issue.

I didn't experience any of the service issues others have mentioned; in fact if anything I was floored by how EVERYONE on the staff said "Hello" and "Good Morning" every time I left my room. It felt great to be genuinely appreciated for my patronage.

Also no hassles for me at breakfast, which was excellent. I didn't spend any time in the bar, spa or pool so I can't comment on those amenities, but I wouldn't hesitate to make this hotel my first and only stop next time I'm back in Singapore. It's not cheap, but they do offer pretty nice discounts on pre-paid rooms if your travel plans allow, and with the discount it's not completely out of budget.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
Dear p_sf,

Thank you for choosing The St. Regis Singapore for your stay, and we are delighted to know that you have enjoyed our hospitality at The St. Regis Singapore. Exceeding our guests expectation has always been our uncompromising mission. Looking forward to welcome you back for your next vacation in Singapore.

Bangkok, Thailand
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

Have stayed at this property more than a few times now and recently came back end of December for a 2 night stay.

The hotel itself and especially the room is great. Great bed, huge bath room with my all time favorite (built in tv into the mirror above the bath tub).

Don't know if I was unlucky this time, but the room I got had clear faults and some things were dated.

There were scratches on panels, the fabric on the side of the windows where the curtains go down was ripped in several places and I even found a (like someone had drilled most likely) hole in the ceiling in the entrance.

There were also some service slip ups, first morning I never got the coffee I asked for during breakfast and had to reorder.

Had room service two evenings as well and was nothing to write home about. I still remember my cold and dry club sandwich that I could not finish and that I paid a premium for.

For a St Regis and the price you pay, that is not what I expect...

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Dear birddogilainen,

Thank you for choosing The St. Regis Singapore. We have taken note of your valuable feedback and shared them with the relevant departments. Rest assure that we have taken necessary measures to ensure that your next St. Regis experience with us will be beyond your expectations.

The St. Regis Singapore

Been to The St. Regis Singapore? Share your experiences!