“Treetops revisited” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Treetops Executive Residences Singapore

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Singapore
Treetops Executive Residences Singapore
No.7 Orange Grove Road, Singapore 258355, Singapore   |
Sandefjord, Norway
“Treetops revisited”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

My wife and I stayed at Treetops in January and February this year like we did last year. We experienced a warm reception and felt almost like returning to a second home. The persons at breakfast even remembered that we would like extra lemon in our tea !
Treetops has charm ! First of all because of the wonderful staff : from the men at the gate, the driver of the shuttlebus,the wondreful people at the receptiondesk , the housekeepers to the people at Sunbird cafe , they were all friendly and helpful at all times. This is also about what Treetops is not : it is not a highrise building , it is not filled with noise from construction works and traffic and it does not have fancy ,modern furniture. It is low enough for the sunlight to get down on the long swimmingpool and on the wonderful garden with its many species of trees and bushes and flowering plants . The predominant sound is from the waterfalls ( they are turned off at night). The furniture is comfortable, the beds are good and long enough for tall people. Everything one needs is there ; plenty of space in drawers and wardrobe.
The breakfast is much more than "a continental breakfast " that was promised : several types of bread, croissants, cerials , fruit , hot dishes , tea,coffe, milk, juices .
In short , we would like to return to Treetops any time and would recommend it to everybody !

Room Tip: Rooms facing the interior garden are very nice. We stayed on the third floor this time, and it was r...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Zelene Z, Public Relations Manager at Treetops Executive Residences Singapore, responded to this review, April 14, 2013
Dear Hans B
Warm greetings from Treetops Executive Residences, Singapore!
Thank you once again for your kind review and good rating for your recent stay at Treetops, following an equally gracious review for us last year!

We are pleased to note that you and your family were impressed with the quality of the facilities and services during your repeat stay with us and also with the extra mile rendered by our staff to make your stay enjoyable. Your compliments have been duly conveyed to them and will definitely continue to inspire all staff in working towards ensuring a memorable living experiences for our guests at all times.

It is our honour to have you with us and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future. Once again, thank you and wishing you a good week ahead!

122 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013

Stayed in a one bedroom apartment in Treetops, although it was a short stay but the services that was offered to me was beyond words. Everything i needed was taken care of, the location was excellent just a few minutes away from the bustling central, rooms was clean with wonderful housekeeper. Guests services and bellboy was marvelous, facilities are all well kept, gorgeous swimming pool with its greenery. A great choice! Will definitely come back !

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Zelene Z, Public Relations Manager at Treetops Executive Residences Singapore, responded to this review, April 3, 2013
Dear CAmbarine

Thank you for the kind review on your delightful stay at Treetops Executive Residences. It is a great joy to know that you and your family had an enjoyable stay with us. We are certainly glad that you appreciate the ease and convenience Treetops provides because of our strategic location and enjoyed the greenery as well as facilities that we have here at Treetops .

Your positive comments on our services and experiences will be shared with our respective departments, as an encouragement for our staff to continue their efforts in making Treetops a leader in service excellence and to do better for all our Guests.

Once again, thank you for making Treetops your choice accommodation in Singapore and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future!
Los Angeles, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

We have been staying at the Treetops for 3 weeks so far.

Our camera was stolen by a member of the housekeeping staff .

We made a police report, and the culprit has since been arrested and has confessed to stealing our camera, in a crime spree that has affected not just us but other guests as well (another guest had her mobile phone stolen).

We discovered that our camera was missing when we returned to our room in the evening 2 weeks ago, and immediately contacted guest services who came up with security to check the room. They assured us that they would run the necessary procedures to find out how it happened and that they would update us the following morning.

However, that was not to be the case. No one updated us, and we had to repeatedly press the duty Manager, Marlena, who could only inform us that further investigations were being made and that she would let us know the outcome before she left for the day. However, she did not bother to contact us again, despite promising to do so. We ended up having to contact the duty manager from the next shift, Ms. Sim, who came up to our room, and as she was (to our surprise) not briefed on what had happened, we had to explain the situation once again. Ms. Sim told us that we could make a police report, but we decided not to do so until we had confirmation from the management that the camera could not be located.

I also spoke to the Security Manager of the property, Andy, who claimed that he was none the wiser with regards to our incident because there was no surveillance Camera anywhere near our room. This was making a compete mockery of our situation, as you can see from the attached photo, that there is a surveillance camera directly outside our room.

Throughout this whole time, we had repeatedly requested to speak to the General Manager of the Property, whom we later learned to be Mr Tay Hock Soon, to discuss our matter. However, he never did bother to return our calls or meet with us, instead, assigning his subordinates to communicate with us.

As we felt that no one was taking our matter seriously, my girlfriend decided to write to Mr Tay, to request for his assistance in this case. However, our cry for help was met with a completely dismissive and nonchalant reply from him, and he merely told my girlfriend to contact the property's Operations Manager, Ms Catherine if she needed any assistance.

We felt that his reply was inadequate and I decided to call Mr Tay myself.

I shared with him how I did not feel safe in the property, and asked him what precautions were being made to ensure that a similar incident would not happen again. He had no answer for me, instead asking me if I was sure that camera was missing and if we had checked the room properly.

I then told him that I was not the only guest who had something stolen from his room, and asked him why his staff had lied to us that this was the first and isolated incident that had taken place when there were clearly other people who had their possessions stolen too. His reply to that was that he didn't need to tell me anything.

I got very frustrated, and told him that we felt that our case had been very incompetently handled, and that this incident had severely marred our impression of the Treetops. He told me off, saying that I needed to watch my tone when I spoke to him, that he had already told us that his staff had conducted their in house investigation, and they had already reported their findings. He also taunted me, sarcastically suggesting that I was free to make a police report since I was not happy with the outcome, and that the police might be able to help me better.

I was completely shocked by his rude reply, and decided that the conversation was going no where and hence decided to end the call. We made a police report, and later learned that the suspect had been arrested, and had confessed to stealing our camera. Unfortunately for us, we never did get our camera back.

My girlfriend and I have stayed in numerous hotels and serviced apartments over the past two years - in fact, we more or less live out of suitcases. However, even in third-world countries like Nepal, we have never had anything stolen from our hotel room. I understand that such incidents might happen, but for it to happen in a high-end property like the Treetops, and for us to have the incident so rudely and poorly handled, has severely marred our experience.

It disappoints me to see the excellent reputation that precedes the Treetops and that is synonymous with the DTZ brand, be let down by incompetent management and staff.

Room Tip: Be sure to ask for a room that does not face Orange Grove Road, it gets very noisy with cars driving...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Zelene Z, Public Relations Manager at Treetops Executive Residences Singapore, responded to this review, March 28, 2013
Dear JusLyd,

Thank you for taking time to note on the incidents of your recent stay at Treetops and we regret to have such an unfortunate case being committed by a new staff at our residence.
Despite having precautionary regulations in place to ensure that all new staff is being supervised by senior staff members, he has managed to commit the crime.
As such, we would like to extend our profound apologies for the anxiety caused for this event,and your dissatisfaction with the certain areas of the investigation process mentioned regrettably not resolved to your expectation.

Upon receiving your report of missing camera at 2245Hr on the 12 March, our staff has taken the immediate action to deal with your case with utmost urgency where we conducted an in-house investigation the very next morning. On 13 March, after investigation, our Security Manager has personally explained to you that our internal investigation is inconclusive at that point of time, therefore we recommended you to file an official police report for further investigations. We also explained to you that since the internal investigation is inconclusive, we were unable to cater to your immediate demands for compensation of the camera , and highlighted the importance of reporting the case to the Police to handle the situation professionally, where compensations would be later arranged dependent on the final outcome from the legal authorities.Our security manager has also explained to you that the CCTV Surveillance Camera as referred in your photo is in fact pointing at the lift lobby area and did not capture any footage outside your apartment.

We truly understand your concerns with this isolated case of unfortunate occurrence at Treetops and have noted on your comments. We would like to seek your kind understanding that this incident has been handled with utmost attention and with all appropriate actions to help ease your concerns.

Thank you for your patience with us during the investigation. Upon receiving the confirmation from the police that the culprit has pleaded guilty, we have immediately purchased and replaced your lost camera for you, together with additional vouchers to show our sincere apologies for the unfortunate situation, which you have acknowledged with acceptance.

It is our constant endeavour to ensure the highest possible level of service and safety to our guests and we have reviewed our procedures with best effort to prevent similar events in the future.
Once again, we apologize for any inconvenience caused and thank you for your understanding.
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2013

While on a Business STA I stayed in a 1 bedroom apartment in Treetops from early August to early November 2012. For the 1st month my wife and 13 year old son also joined me.

Being a ‘Singapore regular’ on business I have very high expectations of the quality of accommodation and service levels available. From a service perspective, TreeTops certainly did not disappoint and there was a highly attentive (without being overbearing), friendly, engaging and efficient service throughout my stay. This was apparent from the staff responsible for the Front Desk, Restaurent/Bar through to the maid service.

My apartment was large, comfortable, well equipped and kept immaculately clean. The slight downside was the size of the Television (which could have been bigger) and the fact that my apartment was quite dark. However, this certainly did not distract from my stay and it all felt homely and, important to me, very quiet after long working days.

The location is excellent, being a very short walk to Orchard road (with all its amenities and shopping), a 8 minute walk to the Orchard Road MRT and a 15 minute stroll to the Botanical Gardens (wonderful to visit for weekend chill out time). The grounds are immaculate and beautifully maintained, the Swimming pool is large with an adequate number of Sunbeds and the Gym (although small) was well equipped and very convenient to the apartment.

The breakfast was relatively basic and became a bit tiring after a while. Additionally, it was also sometimes difficult to find a table due to the numbers of families staying at complex. This was perhaps the only downside that ‘spilled into other areas’. There are so many families with small children the pool could be very noisy, breakfasts packed and some parents were letting their children ride through the complex on small bikes. I experienced a number of occasions where unattended young children were entering the Gym and playing with the equipment. Treetops is clearly a very family friendly establishment, with many young children staying there, but perhaps the parents could be more vigilant in following the rules (they are in place after all to stop somebody getting hurt).

I certainly felt very at home at Treetops, thoroughly enjoyed my extended stay in Singapore and the staff did their very best to help me banish the homesickness. I would certainly highly recommend it to others in a similar position and it would be my 1st choice if a similar working opportunity arose again.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
treetopssingapore, Public Relations Manager at Treetops Executive Residences Singapore, responded to this review, March 5, 2013
Dear Robesi,

Thank you for the kind review on your delightful stay at Treetops Executive Residences. It is a great joy to know that we were able to meet the “high expectations of the quality of accommodation and service levels available” that you have as an avid traveler. It is also our team’s honour to be able to make you and your family feel at home during your stay with us. We are certainly glad that you appreciate the ease and convenience Treetops provides because of our strategic location too.

www.treetops.com.sg
Sentosa Island, Singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

Of the many serviced apartments that I have stayed , this is one that leaves a lasting impression for sure. I really enjoyed my stay with the great services that I have received from the staff here, making me feel at home during my 3 months visit to Singapore.

I am very happy with the maid services. They take note on my preferences when cleaning up my room, like how I arrange my slippers near the doorway and where I prefer to place certain items. I appreciate all these small touches to a large extent.
The front desk staff is always very accomodating to my request too, so thumbs up for service.
There really isn't much to pick on except that I would prefer a bigger TV in the living room.

I most probably would come back to this lovely place again for my next trip.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
treetopssingapore, Public Relations Manager at Treetops Executive Residences Singapore, responded to this review, February 28, 2013
Dear NT_Trot

Thank you for taking time to share your review on TripAdvisor. We are glad that the team at Treetops have made your stay enjoyable and it is indeed a true pleasure to hear that you are happy with the services rendered by our staff. These compliments are sincerely appreciated and would be passed on to our respective department heads to share with their team– which I have no doubt will only motivate all of us to do better.

Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2013

I couldn't imagine a better place to stay for a short or long term stay in Singapore. I stayed here from Feb-Jun2010 while looking for a house and awaiting family to arrive, and then again from July-Dec2012 after family left. The grounds are spotless and extremely well maintained, and the apts. are first class. The best part though, are the employees. they make you feel truly at home. it's in a great location right off Orchard and easy access to food mkts and restaurants, as well as a nice jog to the Botanic Garden.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
treetopssingapore, Public Relations Manager at Treetops Executive Residences Singapore, responded to this review, January 31, 2013
Dear Travlinterry2013

Thank you for your kind review on your delightful stay with us during the period of your relocation to Singapore. We are glad that the team at Treetops have made you feel at home and it is indeed a true pleasure to hear that you are delighted with the facilities available and services rendered by our staff. These compliments are sincerely appreciated and would be passed on to our respective department heads to share with their team– which I have no doubt will only motivate all of us to do better. It is great to hear that you have enjoyed the conveniences of the many amenities located nearby too.

Wayne, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2012

We loved living here for 3 months. The kids loved the pool and outside dining area. Very close to everything you need....grocery stores, restaurants, banks and not too far from the MTR. Only problem with kids is walking past Orchard Towers with kids and wife. That being said, it's Singapore and that dark side is almost everywhere . I stayed in a one bedroom and then a 2 bedroom suite which was huge. It's very quiet, spotless and even has a small gym. SAS bus stopped right in front of the place if you have kids. Staff was very friendly and knowledgeable. I highly recommend this place.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
treetopssingapore, Public Relations Manager at Treetops Executive Residences Singapore, responded to this review, December 19, 2012
Dear NYSEski
Seasons Greetings from Treetops Executive Residences, Singapore!

Thank you for your kind review on your delightful stay with us. We are glad that you have enjoyed the conveniences of the many amenities located nearby, and it is indeed a true pleasure to hear that you and your family were impressed with the facilities available and services rendered at Treetops. These compliments are truly appreciated and would be passed on to our respective department heads to share with their staff – which I have no doubt will only motivate all of us to do better.

On behalf of Treetops

Been to Treetops Executive Residences Singapore? Share your experiences!